Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: i-Blason ArmorBox Series 2 Layer Kids Friendly Hybrid Protection Case for 7.9-Inch Apple New iPad mini with Kick Stand (iPadMini7InchArmorbox-Black)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

on November 27, 2013
I bought this case for my 10 year old son because he was getting an Ipad mini for his birthday. Sucks. He dropped the ipad by mistake and the entire screen shattered and it wasn't a big drop. I've dropped my iphone many more times on hard surfaces and nothing has happened. Do not recomend it if you are buying this case for children. I don't even know why they make it.
on November 30, 2012
I bought this case, along with the otter box and griffin. Obviously it's under half their cost, but just as protective as the otter box, thinner than the griffin and has a built in stand!
Awesome purchase for the cost.
As much as I am disgusted by the cost of lifeproof cases, I like that their hard plastic cases offer a nice form factor. The silicon on this case is a nice balance of hard enough to slip into your cargo pant pocket/purse without sticking too much and soft enough to provide a nice grip. The griffin is too sticky and fat.
Another cool form factor- neither the otter box nor griffin are waterproof, therefore the rubber hatches are window dressing and deny more access than provide protection. This case dispenses with the hatches and allows easy access to ports.
on November 29, 2012
I bought this ipad mini case because i wanted a tough case that can take a bit of a beating. This case was not the one i should of bought. Less than a week after i bought the case my ipad mini cracked and the Apple Genius showed me that there is a little piece of raised plastic in side the case to keep the pad stationary and that caused it to crack when the ipad got jostled. In my opinion the case structurally built inside out the rubber should be on the inside to absorb shows from hitting the ground and not on the outside where it is on this product. The case is also very hard to get off the ipad once you have it on it
33 comments|48 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 25, 2014
Not an Otterbox, but it worked well enough. The Otterbox Defender would be the product this imitates. The Defender is a higher quality case, no doubt (we have both). However, three of our four kids have these cases on their iPad minis for two years now (necessary for school); the fourth broke his mini IN HALF, inside the case. Still wonder how that went down. The point is, the case survived abuse that killed the tablet. A Defender would not have protected it either. Specifics: the plastic on this case is more brittle and thinner than the Otterbox. The rubber sleeve is thinner and less flexible. If I recall, we added our own screen protectors, which we do with all cases in our home (broke it in half, people!). If you are looking to protect a device, but aren't feeling like paying the $60-90 bucks for an Otterbox (how much are they now, anyway?), this will tide you over.
on April 23, 2014
I was really wanting to get a good case for my 8y old who got an iPad mini for Christmas since it would obviously be used by a kid and even her 3y old sister. It's been 4 months and we're really happy with it. Was easy to put on and seems to protect the iPad well. It hasn't taken any bad falls that I know of, but they can be a little rough with it. I feel like it's well protected. I was concerned about the volume and other buttons working underneath a case, but they work perfectly. No problem turning it off or on, or adjusting the volume. Plenty of space for plugging in the charger. I will say part of the stand broke, so it doesn't stay in the little slot when being moved around, but you can still use the stand as long as you hold it in place until you put it down on a table, then it stays in place. Would recommend.
on January 14, 2013
I purchased this for my sons new ipad mini. It slid off the seat in the back of the car onto the floor and the screen cracked. No hard hit, i was shocked the screen cracked. This case has a nice back but the front does not protect the screen and does not compare to the otter box or lifeproof cases.
on October 13, 2014
This is a sturdy, fairly protective case. I wouldn't compare it to an Otterbox, but it has worked well for my 6 year old. The stand is very flimsy, and broke within the first month. That was a bit frustrating. The case itself - the 2 interlocking pieces with the rubberized exterior - has been just fine. I would purchase it again, knowing that the stand isn't meant to last.
on June 3, 2014
I really like everything about this case for my iPad mini. It works very well, all the buttons are still accessible, stand feature is nice but I still use a cheap metal picture frame stand I bought at Walmart for $0.95 when I am home.
on March 10, 2014
I purchased this for upcoming travel for my daughter's ipad mini. It is much slimmer and smaller than the Kidbox protective cover which we have used at home and love. I think it will serve its purpose well for travel. Fits well and is easy to use.
on February 10, 2013
I have an issue with how slick Apple iPads are. I have dropped my other ones many times and have broken two of them. No problems like that with this case. My only concerns are that I am trying to find a dock for my iPad Mini but I think this case makes it too thick to use a dock and I worry about eventually wearing out the silicon over the volume buttons. But overall I like it and find the built in easel stand useful.