5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life
I was very skeptical when I first tried this supplement because I had tried so many other things, including prescription hormones and nothing had worked.
Published on July 16, 2011 by Hey Jude

3.0 out of 5 stars works, but..............
This products really worked on my hot flashes. Went from 7-8 in a 24 hour period to only one. But, for me it caused major constipation. I would rather sweat. :-)
Published on October 29, 2010 by lifegoeson

5.0 out of 5 stars Changed my life, July 16, 2011
This review is from: i-cool For Menopause Tablets, 30 ct (Health and Beauty)
I was constantly drenched in sweat, I slept poorly, if at all, and even when the ac was set at 69 degrees, any movement through my house by me, any strong emotion like frustration, or embarrassment and I and my clothing were soaked. Imagine how difficult it would be in the summer and in places where I have no control over the airflow or room/building temperature.

But, by the third day I definitely noticed a change, even if subtle at first. I had forgotten to turn the temperature down before I went to sleep, but I slept with little tossing and turning or waking to fling off the light weight covering (I need something on me to sleep.)

I am now on my third month, and I am almost human again. I have more energy, because I am not constantly exhausted by trying to cool my overheated, sweaty body. I had purchased a hand fan and mister to take with me everywhere, the same month I started taking i-cool, and I think I have used it maybe twice since then, and that was in the first month of taking i-cool.

My experience isn't supported by any clinical tests or research, but I feel this changed my life, and if it wasn't for i-cool, I would still be a very sweaty, tired and miserable person.

By the way, most of the time now, I keep the temperature no lower than 76 degrees (as opposed to 69 degrees) and sometimes don't need it any lower than 78 degrees, even when I sleep! I would say it has been 85-90% effective in reducing my "power surges" (hot flashes/night sweats.)

Just read the other reviews. I take fiber daily, because I did notice I was constipated, but I take medications for other issues so I blamed them - will keep an eye on that. As to the weight gain, have gained weight, but attributed that to other meds as well as no activity any more due to the extreme heat here. I will also go back to eating healthy and indoor exercises. Would rather be a little plump and backed up, than embarrassed, hot & sweaty and exhausted all the time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Definitely recommend this product, April 21, 2012
This review is from: i-cool For Menopause Tablets, 30 ct (Health and Beauty)
Awake in middle of night due to hot flashes. Saw infomercial for i-cool. Googled it and found out the active ingredient is genistein (an isoflavone commonly found in soy and other plants). Checked the NIH website and found a couple of papers reporting double-blind studies that showed that genistein does reduce hot flashes and may (repeat MAY) protect against cancer as it has antiangionetic properties. Also helps guard against bone loss.

Ran to CVS and bought it.

It took three weeks (as the package said it likely would) but it worked. One day, I realized I had gone an entire hour without a hot flash. Then two. Then three. Then whole days without hot flashes. Eventually, no hot flashes. I stopped taking it after about three months. Now about six months later, the hot flashes are back so I am going to start taking it again.

3.0 out of 5 stars works, but.............., October 29, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars i-cool CURED MY HOTFLASHES!!! 100% GONE!, January 5, 2012
This review is from: i-cool For Menopause Tablets, 30 ct (Health and Beauty)
I am 51 and began having very frequent hot flashes a few months ago, almost one every 5 minutes! They were wearing me out mentally and physically. I didn't really think about an over the counter remedy until I consulted my physician at my last doctor appointment on what she recommended. She told me to buy Estroven, but when I went to my local pharmacy to get it, it was in a vitamin pill form and I didn't want to have to take a vitamin in order to get relief! I looked through the other menopause items on the shelf and saw the iCool box and read that it didn't have all those vitamins as ingredients. I also liked the price, much cheaper than Estroven. I was skeptical but couldn't take another night or day of covering myself up when I got cold and taking half my clothes off during the day and constantly waking up to throw off the covers while sleeping when I got hot just to wake up again and put them back on when I got cold again! I noticed results after the second day....the hot flashes became less frequent. After a week, I noticed I wasn't feeling hot and cold as much during each hour, and after two weeks, I couldn't not believe that I did NOT have hot flashes anymore...not one single one. I read review after review that icool did not work for alot of users, but for me, it is a godsend. This stuff has CURED my hotflashes. I don't have any side affects, no weight gain either. During Christmas I was so busy I forgot to take it a few days in a row, and it wasn't until I had one or two hotflashes return after not having had them that I realized it really DOES WORK! I have been taking it exactly on month now. I take it religiously every morning after breakfast and am 100% happy with the results. I can't believe it works!!!

Hotflash Free and Happy as can be in Texas! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, December 21, 2010
This review is from: i-cool For Menopause Tablets, 30 ct (Health and Beauty)
I couldn't believe how quick this worked on the hot flashes!!! TRY THIS, at least...it's been a Godsend for me!!!
NOTHING works for EVERYONE so it's one of those things that either your body responds to it or it doesn't. To the reviewer who stated that this is a placebo, ingredients in this product have been used to treat menopause symptoms with mixed results. It's a good alternative to hormones nonetheless, so TRY it. If it works with your particular system, it's worth at least that!

1.0 out of 5 stars no relief yet, November 8, 2010
I am on day 25 and have felt no improvement with hot flashes
hopefully the last pill will start relief
but I won't purchase this again

5.0 out of 5 stars i-cool is amazing!, March 6, 2011
This review is from: i-cool For Menopause Tablets, 30 ct (Health and Beauty)
I was taking Estrovera (a rhubarb extract) for my hot flashes, but it quit working. I also tried Estroven, but it did nothing to help me. I was having flashes every half hour during the night and then in the morning during the day. I decided to try i-cool after a friend said it worked for her. After 4 days of i-cool, my flashes are entirely gone. I cannot believe how much better I feel. It is amazing. I have had no adverse reactions to it as some people stated. I like that it is a natural remedy, too.

2.0 out of 5 stars Made symptoms worse, June 22, 2012
Sadie (Ventura, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: i-cool For Menopause Tablets, 30 ct (Health and Beauty)
Well, I tried it and couldn't get past two weeks. I'm post-menopausal and have never woken up with night sweats. I'm just hot all the time and need to have a fan on - all the time. I have a fan at my desk at work and keep my overhead fan on in the bedroom all night long. I often wake up hot, but never have I ever woken up coverered in sweat. That was until I took i-cool. The first week I woke up several times each all sweaty and had to wash up in the middle of the night. During the day I was hotter than ever.

Constipation set in immediately. I take a probiotic every day, but had to double up since taking this. I stopped taking it two days ago and the constipation still hasn't cleared up.

It helped me sleep right away. In fact, the first couple of nights I took the pill in the early evening and almost fell asleep sitting in a chair. I learned not to take it until just before bed time. However, I had trouble waking up the next morning. I don't know why it helps you sleep, but that was a big problem for me and it cured it. Too bad I'm stopping taking it though. I'm right back to not begin able to get to sleep at night.

My emotions have become very unstable and I tend to tear up at the drop of a hat. That's when I decided that it was time to just stop taking it.

After looking at the package directions, which are incredibly hard to read considering that mature women over 40 are the ones taking it, I discovered that it only helped with 25% of the symptoms after a month. And, even after 3 months, it only helped 50%. So, it's just not worth it for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars So far, so good., July 13, 2011
Cyndi (DFW, TX, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: i-cool For Menopause Tablets, 30 ct (Health and Beauty)
This actually worked within 2 weeks for me. NOT the intensity, but the number of hot flashes seems to have decreased significantly. I have gone from over 25 a day to maybe 10. I had been awake every hour during the night and last night I only woke up drenched twice. For me, that's tolerable. Maybe it doesn't work for everyone and maybe it takes longer for it to work for others, but for me it's definitely a win. Worth a shot if you're not sleeping. NOTE: I am an Amazon Prime member, but I didn't buy this here, because it's not offered on prime. I walked down to my local CVS and got it for the same price, and no shipping to pay. Just sayin'.

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, August 16, 2012
This review is from: i-cool For Menopause Tablets, 30 ct (Health and Beauty)
I started taking this and I expected it to take several weeks to work. At the end of the third day I noticed I had less hot flashes that day. Now well into my third week I'd say they are just about all gone!!!! No constipation for as other have reported. Eat a high fiber diet and maybe you won't be affected.

i-cool For Menopause Tablets, 30 ct