5.0 out of 5 stars great hat
Published on July 17, 2012 by MThomas

3.0 out of 5 stars Size runs VERY large
I purchased the newborn (0-6 months) size hat. My son is almost three months old and his head gets lost inside the heat. It is so big that we cannot currently use it and it will be quite some time before he wear it.

That said, it is a good quality hat, with SPF protection so once his head is finally big enough we will definitely be using it.
Published 16 months ago by Bethan Cantwell

5.0 out of 5 stars great hat, July 17, 2012
This review is from: i play. Bucket Sunhat (Apparel)
This is a perfect sunhat. Very cute, soft, effective! You can't tell from the pictures but it does have nice long ties so it will actually stay on your little one's head! The sizes are kind of tricky - I ordered this bucket-type in size 2-4 yrs, and one of the visor-with-neck flap styles in 6-18 months size for my 14 month old son. He has a pretty large head (>99 percentile). Both hats fit. The 6-18 mo size just fits. This 2-4 yrs size is a bit big, but when tied stays on just fine & will fit next summer I'm sure. We are at the beach everyday & these hats have protected his eyes & face beautifully. HIghly recommend. Worth every penny.

5.0 out of 5 stars SFP 50, well-made, and TRUCKS!, May 16, 2012
sassymom (San Francisco, California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: i play. Bucket Sunhat (Apparel)
iPlay makes fantastic summer & swim gear. This bucket sun protection hat is no exception-- well made, durable, and sized perfectly for our toddler. The fabric has a sun protection of SPF 50, coverage is generous, and the farbric is super cute and bright. Very happy!

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice hat, runs big., April 26, 2013
This review is from: i play. Bucket Sunhat (Apparel)
Being the mother of two very large headed children, I always buy a size up, so I got the 2-4 year size. This hat is extremely big on my 21 month old.(His head is in the 98th percentile). I've had this experience with another hat from this company as well.

It's cute, he likes it, and for now I am just pinning it shut a little smaller. I guess that means we'll get more years out of it. However, if you have a normal headed child, you might want to consider getting a size smaller, or know that this really is for 2-4 year old. My big headed 4 year old can wear it just fine!

3.0 out of 5 stars Size runs VERY large, August 12, 2013

3.0 out of 5 stars Really cute, but huge, June 27, 2013
This review is from: i play. Bucket Sunhat (Apparel)
This hat is high quality and super soft, but my, is it huge. My baby is 7 weeks old and he absolutely swims in this hat. I just plan on putting a couple tacks in the back to make it a little smaller and will let it out as he grows. I wouldn't be surprised if this fits well when he's a year old, even though the description indicates 0-6 months.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great hat but its HUGE, September 26, 2013
This review is from: i play. Bucket Sunhat (Apparel)
Its dsuper cute design, but it fits my husband.....and I bought it for my 2 year old. It is massively huge. I have bought an I Play hat just like this before for him when he was 5 months old and I got the newborn size from 0-6 months, and that was so big that he was wearing it untill he was 1 1/2. So its cute, it provides sun protection, but I Play products run BIG

3.0 out of 5 stars Good overall hat, July 23, 2013
This review is from: i play. Bucket Sunhat (Apparel)
Fits large but I like the larger brim, washes easily, and i definitely need a strap for keeping in on my son's head. My son's head is in the 50th percentile at 15 months and the 6-18 mon size is still large on him.

3.0 out of 5 stars Way too big, June 10, 2013
This review is from: i play. Bucket Sunhat (Apparel)
I like the hat but it's way too big. I like the thick material and the brime size, but if it doesn't fit then you can't wear it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and practical, March 27, 2013
This review is from: i play. Bucket Sunhat (Apparel)
so adorable , with necessary chinstrap...I was happy to see something cute for a baby boy and his parents are musical!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, runs big in size, July 20, 2012
This review is from: i play. Bucket Sunhat (Apparel)
Good quality product with cute prints. I missed in the product description that this hat ties under the chin (the pictures don't show this). I found that the sizing runs big, so it's too big for my child right now, but I'm sure it will work great ones he grows into it!

i play.  Bucket Sunhat