Top positive review
195 people found this helpful
OK and works but could be better
on September 22, 2010
So basically for starters, if you're using your phone as an mp3 player while working out or running, you are kinda screwed in terms of carrying case solutions if you don't own an iphone. With that said, I have been searching for an armband for my droid x and happened upon this one. Obviously from the description (fitting 5+ phones) I knew the fit wouldn't be perfect but I really cannot run with a phone as big as the X in my pocket so I decided to give the armband a try.
- The fit is snug and there are no gaps on the sides
- The entire screen is visible and the touch still works
- there is a top flap that slips over the top portion of the phone so there is some room for different sized phones
- adjustable arm-band allows for more snug fit while being worn
- At least for my X, the headphone jack does not line up with any of the precut holes in the case. Luckily for me I use bluetooth so it doesn't matter but this could be a major problem for wired headphone users
- The fabric used on the interior of the armband is not very soft/smooth. When adjusting it really scratches at your arms. However once you adjust the armband to the correct position, this is not an issue.
- The plastic that covers the screen tends to bunch up when you slide your fingers across the screen causing me to miss a lot when using the phone. If you're working out or running though you really aren't gonna be using the touch screen often.
All in all this armband is acceptable for running and working out. However while it can hold multiple phones the issue with the headphone port not lining up with the holes in the case is a deal breaker if you do not use bluetooth. I tried stretching the top flap with the precut holes in it but still could not get the headphone jack in without taking the top flap off. With the top flap off, the phone becomes less secure and may fall out.