Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

on September 22, 2010
So basically for starters, if you're using your phone as an mp3 player while working out or running, you are kinda screwed in terms of carrying case solutions if you don't own an iphone. With that said, I have been searching for an armband for my droid x and happened upon this one. Obviously from the description (fitting 5+ phones) I knew the fit wouldn't be perfect but I really cannot run with a phone as big as the X in my pocket so I decided to give the armband a try.

Pros:
- The fit is snug and there are no gaps on the sides
- The entire screen is visible and the touch still works
- there is a top flap that slips over the top portion of the phone so there is some room for different sized phones
- adjustable arm-band allows for more snug fit while being worn

Cons:
- At least for my X, the headphone jack does not line up with any of the precut holes in the case. Luckily for me I use bluetooth so it doesn't matter but this could be a major problem for wired headphone users
- The fabric used on the interior of the armband is not very soft/smooth. When adjusting it really scratches at your arms. However once you adjust the armband to the correct position, this is not an issue.
- The plastic that covers the screen tends to bunch up when you slide your fingers across the screen causing me to miss a lot when using the phone. If you're working out or running though you really aren't gonna be using the touch screen often.

All in all this armband is acceptable for running and working out. However while it can hold multiple phones the issue with the headphone port not lining up with the holes in the case is a deal breaker if you do not use bluetooth. I tried stretching the top flap with the precut holes in it but still could not get the headphone jack in without taking the top flap off. With the top flap off, the phone becomes less secure and may fall out.
77 comments| 195 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 24, 2011
I received the product with the expectations that it wasn't an exact fit for the Droid X (since I read the reviews). I am using it to run. The Droid X fits perfectly into the pocket - even with my case on, which I like. I can still use the touch-screen functionality through the plastic window. The only drawback is that the pre-cut holes for the headphone jack is not exactly lined up to where it should be for the Droid X. However, the material is stretchy enough to pull the hole over the headphone jack. I only have wired headphones, and I have run with this product, and it is comfortable, fits well around my arm, and I had no problems with the headphones even though I had to stretch the material over the jack. It is exactly what I expected, and I am able to use it for what I need. I took off a star because it advertises that it fits the Droid X, but yet doesn't have a pre-cut hole for the headphone jack, which I would imagine many of the Droid X owners in the market for an armband would be looking for.
on December 2, 2010
Was looking for an armband for my Samsung Epic 4G and my husband's HTC Evo 4G. Since these are HUGE phones, I needed a case that would fit them. Most other products said these size phones would stick out, so using the dimensions of this case (3.5" x 5.5"), I took a chance and they fit! My Epic fits even with its Seidio Innocase Surface Case and Holster Combo for Samsung Epic 4G (Purple) on it (obviously without the holster!)

The back of the phone carrier portion is black neoprene, with a finished seam about 1" from the top to slide your phone in. No type of fastener to close the back; the top 1" just stretches to go over your phone. With my Epic/case, there is about 1/2" gap where it doesn't close, but it still fits snugly so I don't worry about my phone falling out; without the case on there is about 1/4" gap. At the top of the neoprene are two small round holes, and at the bottom are two more round holes and one 1" x 1/4" rectangle, I assume these are for speaker/headphone jack access.

The front of the phone portion is clear plastic so you can see your phone's display. It doesn't seem to affect my touch screen capability, but my menu/home/back buttons at the bottom don't respond when in the case. If using my phone for music during exercise, doesn't seem like that would matter because all my controls are on the screen.

The armband portion is a 1.5"w piece of elastic, measuring 15.5" un-stretched, easily stretching to 21" or more. 8.75" elastic is on one side of the case including 1.5" square of velcro on the end, 3.5" ring/clip portion is on the other side. The ring portion has a piece of neoprene under it to keep it from rubbing against your arm while wearing. The long elastic slides through the ring and back on itself to attach with velcro.

Overall it seems well constructed. Only time will tell...
on March 23, 2011
I have the iPhone 4 with the Otterbox Defender case - which is a really bulky (but very durable!) case. This is the only armband I have found that fits the phone without having to take off the case. It JUST fits - it's a bit of a tight squeeze, especially the first few times - but it does fit. It stays on securely, and you are able to still use the touch screen with it on. Overall I'm very happy with it!
on March 15, 2011
I had one of these for my last phone, got this bigger one for my Droid Incredible. My Incredible has the extended battery and it still fits in the armband fine. I use it to track my runs with the Runkeeper app and listen to music. It's really comfortable to run in for an hour or more, and doesn't loosen or slide down.
on September 30, 2010
If you are looking for an armband case for the Samsung Fascinate, this one works well. The earphone hole is a little off (which is to be expected from a universal case,) but a little modification made it fit perfect. The touchscreen works just fine throught the plastic cover. The armband is good quality and comfortable. I'm sure not all smart phones will work well with this, but the Fascinate certainly does.
on October 4, 2010
I gave this an overall two stars because it DOES NOT WORK WELL with an HTC EVO that has a screen protector on it. The front clear plastic cover of the armband sticks to the screen protector (plastic on plastic) and becomes an issue when you remove the phone from the armband and peels the screen protector right off. Another option is to slide the phone in backwards so the screen is touching the neoprene side of the armband instead of the plastic, but then you lose the ability to touch the screen.
on April 5, 2011
My Samsung Galaxy S 4G fits very nicely in the armband even with it's case (I have a plastic case, but it should work for a thicker rubber case as well). The band isn't exactly centered on the phone, but for the 4G it doesn't make a difference which way you wear it. The headphone jack fits if you place the phone in an 'upsidedown' position, otherwise, you'd have to cut a hole for the jack. The touch screen also works with the armband on. One small annoyance is using the volume or screen-lock buttons, they work but you need to work a little to reach them. Overall, a very good product.
on June 20, 2011
I own a Samsung Infuse and this is a large phone, probably one of the biggest and I can fit it in the armband sleeve easily without a case on it. With a case it is difficult, but can be done if you force it. Comfortable fit and doesn't slide down and have no problem with the touchscreen through the plastic. The headphone hole/cutouts don't line up, but it's something you can fix easily by punching a hole where needed. Overall, I am pleased.
on January 12, 2011
This armband fit my needs perfectly... It fits well, doesn't constrict yet doesn't slide-- though you do have to fiddle with it initially to strike that perfect balance between "secure" and "tourniquet." I imagine that's true with any armband, though. It fits the phone perfectly; very secure in that respect.

Lots of people have mentioned that the headphone holes in a generic case are off for the Fascinate, which is true, I guess, but this may help: I use my phone to track runs via the iMapMyRUN+ app, not to listen to music. As such, I turn it upside-down in the case, because that makes the screen easier for me to read. If you're into that sort of thing, it also lines up the headphone hole with the "slit" in the bottom of the case. Problem solved!