4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!
I love this product! I have used iBungee laces for quite some time on my running shoes and started using them on all my athletic shoes. They let me slip my shoes on without tying and untying, I can leave them loose for comfort, and tighten them up to run.

Published on September 18, 2008 by Dan

3.0 out of 5 stars good enough...get a size bigger
Published on March 3, 2010 by Derek Pace

4.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, September 18, 2008
This review is from: iBungee Stretch Laces (Apparel)

I didn't give them 5 stars because I ordered some white laces and the actual color of the white laces are gray (see my customer gallery picture). It's wasn't a shipping mistake, that is just the color of the "white" laces.

3.0 out of 5 stars good enough...get a size bigger, March 3, 2010
Derek Pace (Suisun City, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iBungee Stretch Laces (Apparel)
laces do what they're supposed to, keep your shoes tight and make shoes easy to slip on. I got these for an easy transition in my first triathlon. the first time i put the laces on my shoes the plastic piece that is on the end of the lace pulled off and is now exposed and somewhat frayed. wish the sizing guide that was on the back of the item was on the product description. i ordered a 34" for my standard asics running shoes and should have gotten a 38" because of my shoe size (13). I would just suggest getting a size longer than you think and if they're way to long just cut them and burn the ends...the plastic piece will probably fall off anyway!

I would recommend these to a friend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Shoelace Replacement!, September 22, 2009
This review is from: iBungee Stretch Laces (Apparel)
We bought this to replace the normal shoelaces on our kids shoes. Works great! The instructions show some type of grommet that fits into each eyelet so that the laces slide more freely. Grommets are not included with this product, and you have to order them separately. The laces seem fine without the grommets.

Tough to figure out what lengths you need for kids shoes. I got 30" laces for my son's size 2 youth running shoes (6 eyelets). These work just fine. I would not want the laces to be shorter or longer.

For larger kids, probably step up one or two sizes. For smaller kids, step down similarly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, April 13, 2010
J. Dueck (University Place, WA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iBungee Stretch Laces (Apparel)
Two years ago I purchased both the iBungee and Lock Laces brands of elastic stretch laces in order to evaluate them in a variety of conditions from training runs to marathons. While mostly identical in performance, two features set the iBungees ahead of the Lock Laces: 1) The iBungee locks were more secure and 2) the presence of aglets (plastic tips on the ends of the laces) reduced fraying and enhanced their reusability even allowing me to remove and replace them during periodic shoe cleanings. The zero friction fittings are NOT necessary for these laces to work however; I have not evaluated their usefulness.

These laces did exactly what I expected. Namely, eliminating the need for me to stop and retie my shoes during runs and allowing me to easily don and remove my shoes. They have the added benefit of reducing hotspots caused by the natural swelling of your feet.

I recommend wearing your shoes as you lace them then loosening them a little so the laces don't start off too tight. Some minor adjustments may be necessary the first time you use them.

I highy recommend these laces and will never go back to regular laces on my running shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved a Problem, April 14, 2010
This review is from: iBungee Stretch Laces (Apparel)
Following hip replacement, I was told not to bend more than 90 degrees at the hip. This precluded reaching down far enough to tie my walking shoes. I replaced the old laces with Bungee Stretch Laces and, with the aid of a long shoehorn, have been able to get them on and have adjusted the tension so they support my foot as well as, and maybe even better, than ever. Thanks to Bungee, I can recommend these as an aid to anyone who is afflicted with any kind of joint problem affecting mobility.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bungee, March 25, 2009
This review is from: iBungee Stretch Laces (Apparel)
I bought two pairs of the bungee laces for my running shoes. I have one warning for anyone planning on getting laces, make sure the bungees are long enough for your shoes. The 26-inch laces were just long enough to fit with my shoes but there was only about a centimeter of lace after the clip, making it pretty much impossible to adjust the tightness. I liked them, but because they were too small I switched back to my regular laces.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't just buy the laces, December 25, 2009
This review is from: iBungee Stretch Laces (Apparel)
I ordered 3 pair and discovered on Christmas morning (of course) that you need to order the zero-friction fittings in addition to the laces to really make these work. That and you need the long ones...I ordered the 22 inch for my 10 year old daughter and they are too small. I'm going to try and make it work but I'm disappointed that it wasn't clearly stated that you need to order the fittings separately. Heck, in the instructions on how to use them, they ONLY say to install the fittings first.

Why is that the first step when that part doesn't even come with the laces??

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a son who doesn't like to tie his shoes!, November 19, 2008
This review is from: iBungee Stretch Laces (Apparel)
For years, I bought my son shoes that closed with velcro or that had "built-in" elastic laces, since he is perfectly capable of tying a bow but TAKES FOREVER! Life is too short to spend it waiting for him. Now that he is a teen, it has been hard to find non-tying shoes in his size. These elastic laces are the perfect solution. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Alternative use, March 11, 2010
This review is from: iBungee Stretch Laces (Apparel)
We bought these laces for use on work boots. Their intended use is for running shoes. They worked wonderful on the boots. My husband is a recent arm amputee, and as you can imagine trying to tie a shoe is nearly impossible. We pre-tied the laces and set the race locks and all he has to do is lace them through the hooks on the top of the boots. The laces work great, and he can use them one handed. So anyone out there who is an amputee or knows someone who is, give these a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great laces (er, not laces), November 24, 2008
This review is from: iBungee Stretch Laces (Apparel)
Love these. They make my already comfy running shoes even better, and I don't have to worry about stopping to retie. Plus getting the shoes on and off is a breeze. I run about 25 miles/week, and I will not go back to regular laces!