Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Mary Carpenter Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

This is a review of the iClever USB3.0, 7-port hub.

Contents of the box includes:

➺ 7-port hub
➺ USB Cable 38" in length
➺ Power Supply 100/240V, 50/60Hz with attached DC cord 46" in length and detachable AC cord 46" in length.
➺ Warranty Card
➺ User Guide

The hub case is solidly constructed of black anodized aluminum but has a curved top and bottm. Because of the curved bottom the hub is able to rock as it sits on your desk.

The left end of the hub has DC 5V and USB 3.0 inputs. Of note is that the DC plug does not fully seat itself in the input and an uncomfortable amount of unsheided plug remains visibly eposed.

The distance between the evenly spaced USB ports is just about .5". This is wider spacing then some hubs and less that others. I like the spacing width as I seldom have all 7 ports occupied. In the rare occasion where a particular USB Plug is wider than normal, not enabling the adjacent port to be used concurrently, I just leave that adjacent port empty.

The right end of the hub has an on/off button that turns off the power to the entire hub whether you are using the AC power supply or just computer bus power.

The hub can be used without having to use the Power Supply; just using the computer bus to provide the power. In most instances you would want to use the power supply however to ensure that you'll have a trouble-free experience when using higher current devices such as many external hard drives.

Although the product description states that the hub, "Works not as a standalone charger but a USB hub only. Provides no special functionalities for charging devices like iPhone, iPad or any other smart handsets and tablets," I was able to connect my iPhone to the hub and charge it successfully.

The hub is warranted for 1 year and has CE and FCC certifications.

I was provided a sample for review.
on April 4, 2014
When I received the iclever USB 3.0 7-port hub, I was very impressed with the build quality of the device. The black anodized coating looks and feels very nice. The included power adaptor is long and would allow you to plug in the floor and use on a desk. The device offers nice spacing between the ports and allows you to connect 7 devices without any problems. In the past, I have had other hubs that would not let you connect 2 thumb drives next to each other, as the spacing was to close. That is not the case with the iclever. Even with all 7 ports full, it still has enough power to charge a cell phone. It does have an LED indicator, but it is only a power indicator. The indicator does not change with activity. Overall, I really like this device and it is small enough to carry in my laptop bag.
review image review image review image
on November 24, 2014
At first, I really liked this hub
It seemed solidly constructed of metal but as soon as I plugged it in, some really crappy things started to happen.
I have two Dell XPS computers running Win 8.1 Pro.

On my home computer, I plugged in the unit and everything seemed to work fine... plugged in peripherals and they worked. However, after that, I occasionally would find that the computer would lock up (screen dark, no BSOD or comparable).. almost like it would go into hibernation. Pushing the power button, nothing.. no restart, just a dead computer. Then a few hours or a day would go by, and magically, the computer would turn on again. After trial and error (essentially me giving up and unplugging all USB devices (except keyboard), the computer was working fine. After trial and error, I found that it was this hub. Not sure if it was some sort of suspend operation key or what, but if I plugged in just the hub, the same thing happened, albeit randomly.

On the office computer (same time mind you), similar issues except devices would randomly either eject (figuratively not literally), or not be recognized, or would connect and disconnect (computer beeping). With what was happening at home, I simply unplugged it and all of those issues stopped.

So, first, I only connected one or two devices to the hub (camera, keyboard, scanner, etc.)... no hard drive or usb thumbdrive

After examining the hub, I found that a number of the connections are loose, or the jacks are installed such that the cable goes in at an odd angle, and that even the jack to the computer are quite loose... all in all, what appears to be pretty shoddily constructed units.
I've just given up and purchased a couple of other hubs (dyconn industrial grade) that so far (see my other review) are meeting my expectations of how a hub should work.
on June 21, 2014
I had some problems initially and left a fairly bad review. When connected to the USB 3.0 ports on my PC, items would charge but most would not connect to the computer. I tried on two other computers and it worked fine so I am assuming the problem is with my computer.

After switching it to another computer I'm very happy with the purchase. It works well and even charges cell phones, ebook readers, etc.
on August 27, 2014
Have this 7 port hooked up to another usb 3 port for more available ports and to help split the power draw. Some devices can really cause a lot of issues with these usb 3 hubs as many can't supply the necessary current to power more then 2 or 3 devices. This one comes with a 4 amp adapter, (Wish it were 5 amp power adapter.) very handy when you need a separate power supply to use blue ray players or external hard drives. Iclever did a great job thinking ahead by adding a higher current power supply this with the unit. I have to say the over all quality is great, body is made of metal, not plastic, ports are straight, not mounted in the body wrong or crooked and plugs are good quality, they will hold up to plugging and unplugging over time. Great buy if you need portability and aren't looking to spend a lot of money.
on March 6, 2014
Using the hub on a MacBook Pro (early 2011), so the USB 3.0 capability is moot in my case. So far, however, seems all's well. Occasionally get a disconnect with my wireless keyboard. And upon waking from sleep state, one of my flash drives (I believe) seems to trigger an error msg about improper disconnect (for not ejecting first). Thing is I ejected it before putting system to sleep. So not sure what brings on the improper disconnect msg. I have all the ports occupied with devices of one sort or another including a couple printers, external DVD drives, ext. HDDs, as well as another 4-port hub with an audio in-out device for my mic and headphones. Handling everything well so far. Here's hoping it lasts!
on August 27, 2014
Already bought my second one, and will probably end up buying more. Great price on a great product. Huge power supply (Amps, not physical size) lets you power multiple USB3-Powered hard discs, BluRay burners, scanners, etc., all at the same time, with NO power problems. Before AI found this hub, I was always having to play the swap game with my power-hungry HDDs and burners. Now they can all stay connected and operate simultaneously--and effortlessly (no more device swapping).
on February 17, 2015
Cheaply made with low quality control, I suspect. One of the ports in my unit is offset enough that it won't take a cable. It's not expensive, so I don't have high expectations, and the other ports operate as expected. I'm not disappointed -- it does what I need it to do, but it's not high-end equipment.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 14, 2014
Simply GREAT! Works great as a USB Hub and for charging multiple cell phones/cameras. I can only speak highly of it. Solid construction and 7 usb ports (I use all 7). You should purchase this. I will be getting another soon.
on May 31, 2014
When it's on it works fine..... When I reboot my computer this does device does not always turn on. There is a push button on it and must be pressed to power up this unit. I forget at time and it's a pain when I am all set to use a device and it shows up missing till I power up the USB hub. When powered up I love it and when it's not powered , oh well....
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse