4.0 out of 5 stars good ergonomic design
Published on February 12, 2009 by Craig Matt

2.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping for better
For the past decade or so I've been a Logitech mouse user; I have loved their mouses. But lately I had gotten into a cycle of spending $50 to $70 for a Logitech mouse and having it break within 12-18 months. Tired of spending so much for a product that lasts such a short time, I wanted to try something different.

My main requirement was: (1) a wired mouse (I...
Published on September 8, 2008 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Was hoping for better, September 8, 2008
This review is from: iConcepts 5 Button Wired Laser Mouse - USB/PS2 (83050N) (Personal Computers)

My main requirement was: (1) a wired mouse (I don't like having to deal with the vagaries of wireless mouses); (2) 5 buttons: the usual left/right and center button/scroll bar with "back" and "forward" buttons on the side, very convenient for many applications, especially web browsing.

This iConcepts mouse fit my requirements and for only $20 I wanted to give it a try. After using it for 4 months, I've been disappointed and finally stopped using it. The problems I encountered/disliked were:

(1) The mouse did not move smoothly and easily over the type of mouse pad I've been using for the past 15 years or so. I had to switch to a mouse pad with a much smoother surface just to get the main mouse motion to be smoother (the replacement mouse pad did help a bit).

(2) Even with the smoother mouse pad, I still found problems with the mouse sort of "sticking" to the mouse pad through just friction. For example, I do a fair amount of image editing, which often requires you needing to move the pointer just a pixel or two on the screen. That's very difficult to do with this mouse--you start applying a little pressure to try to move the mouse just a smidgen, it "sticks", then when it finally moves, it causes the pointer to move much farther than you intended; 20-30 pixels instead of 1 or 2.

(3) Basic motion of the pointer on the screen doesn't always match what I'm expecting. That is, I might want to move the pointer to close a window, I move the mouse in the direction I want the pointer to go, and I end up in an unexpected place, too high or too low, too far left or right. And like I said in some applications I use, it's very important that the pointer matches the mouse movement I'm expecting.

I was a bit surprised that this "laser" mouse didn't have a visible laser light (usually red) that I've seen in other laser mouses. I did try a few times pressing the button on the bottom of the mouse which is supposed to increase its accuracy/resolution (I think), but for me it just seemed to approximatly double its speed moving the pointer across the screen and didn't solve the other problems mentioned above.

I *wanted* to give this product a good review as an inexpensive alternative to overpriced Logitech mouses, but unfortunately I cannot and I've had to give up using this mouse in favor of the cheap-o Dell mouse that came with my computer (no back/forward buttons, but it otherwise works very well).

2.0 out of 5 stars smooth operation, but no driver for the extra buttons, March 5, 2009
Spandrel (Charlottesville, VA United States) - See all my reviews
First: the reviewer who had problems with the mouse action probably did not uninstall the Logitech software from his last mouse. I had the same problem, uninstalled, and then the mouse action was really excellent.

HOWEVER: The reason I bought this mouse is because I like having the extra buttons to copy/paste. But the mouse comes with no driver, nor does the manufacturer provide on one the website. Buttons 4 & 5 are "hardwired" to be the forward/back browser buttons. So I gave this mouse to my kids and ordered one with true 5-button functionality.

4.0 out of 5 stars good ergonomic design, February 12, 2009
Great product, it does everything I would want it to do for gaming and otherwise. I don't do any graphics design, so I do not know how well it would fair for those types of applications. the only "issue" that I have is that the 4th and 5th buttons seem to be backwards; you have to hit the button going forward to go backward, and the button closest to you to go forward. It took about a half hour to get used to, but after that its fine.

4.0 out of 5 stars mislabeled and unresolved, June 10, 2012
i ordered this and they sent the wrong one

i notifed them and they sent the wrong one again

i returned both with all receipts in the same box
but never got credited for both

so i got charged for one i didnt keep
i called to explain but they either didnt get it or didnt care

so stay away, you will get a cheap wireless unit and will get screwed when you return it

4.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for a USB mouse (maybe not gaming), April 5, 2011
M. MacBradaigh (Pacific Northwest) - See all my reviews
I bought this just to have a USB mouse for my laptop or desktop. Now my wife uses it for her laptop. It's perfect if what you're looking for is a basic mouse to move around your desktop. If you're a gamer and you overclock your system, etc, etc, then... you probably aren't looking at this mouse anyway, because there are a gajillion gaming mice available at way more of a pricetag.

If you don't need a bluetooth mouse, don't want to worry about battery life in the mouse, and don't care if you have a cord, then this mouse is a good choice.