4.0 out of 5 stars Works nicely with a tablet
All in all I'd say this app is very well done with two notable exceptions: The first being that each recipe is sponsored by a brand so in a sense the entire product is just one big advertisement. There are a ton of cookbooks which do the same so I suppose this doesn't bother most people.

The second issue is that very few of the recipes include nutrition...
Published on July 14, 2011 by S. Burke

3.0 out of 5 stars todd
love the app wish there was a favorites tab so I can save the recipes I like without going through the whole app to find it again
Published on February 28, 2012 by Todd

4.0 out of 5 stars Works nicely with a tablet, July 14, 2011
This review is from: iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution (App)

The second issue is that very few of the recipes include nutrition information. So if you care about that sort of thing, which I do, then you'll be disappointed. Everything is easy with this cookbook except figuring out what exactly you are eating with respect to calories, carbs, fat, salt, etc. If you want to know that stuff you'll have to look up all of the components of the dishes and calculate it for yourself in most cases.

Aside from that, the actual app is very well put together. You can search for recipes based on brand, food group, occasion, etc. There are step-by-step directions, big photographs, and the dishes look easy enough for a monkey to make this stuff. So,for what it is, I think the app is put together nicely, lots of great features, and it looks great on a tablet.

Because it lacks nutrition info for most items I probably won't get a ton of use out of it, personally, but I think most people would find it a worthwhile app. If this app had complete nutrition info for each of the recipes I'd love it. As is, it's still pretty good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Only wish nutritional information was provided, July 14, 2011
This review is from: iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution (App)
I would give this five stars if it included nutritional information for all the recipes as well. Though it's hard to complain when the app is being given away today.

As someone who is trying to make better food choices and lose weight at the same time, nutritional information is pretty critical to me deciding what dishes I will be preparing for my family. I normally only use cookbooks with nutritional information provided, but downloaded this to check it out.

I can always plug the recipes into some recipe builder tools online, but that sort of defeats the quick and easy part of the app.

5.0 out of 5 stars happily hungry, July 14, 2011
This review is from: iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution (App)
After using so many rickety android apps for rcipes/cookbooks, i was stoked to see one with a slick layout, tempting recipes, and cool features (such as the ability to annotate recipes). cant wait to take this app with me to the grocery store tonight to make my first recipe! :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Now I'm Hungry!, July 14, 2011
This review is from: iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution (App)
The pictures in this app look very appetizing. All of the recipes I browsed seemed easy with not too many ingredients. The categories were easy to navigate also. I'm using DROID X, and as others have said, it's a little small, most definitely still big enough to read though. This is a great app so far, and I will be recommending it to my friends. Thanks, Amazon, for offering a Fairs that is actually useful.

5.0 out of 5 stars beautiful, July 14, 2011
This review is from: iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution (App)
lovely app. Would probably be even better on a tablet, since some menus are a bit small even for my evo. still, this is very functional and well designed.

5.0 out of 5 stars works great on my kindle fire!, November 21, 2011
This review is from: iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution (App)
so far one of the best apps ive added to my fire. tons of great recipes with big rich photos. great interface all around, totally worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Icookbook, July 14, 2011
This review is from: iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution (App)
Finally a cooking app made for a Tablet. looks great on my T-Mobile G-Slate. Only suggestion would be to add the ability to rate recipes.

5.0 out of 5 stars great recipe app!, July 14, 2011
This review is from: iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution (App)
Great app! I love that it lets you filter with more than one ingredient/theme/dish/ect at a time. Perfect for a pregnant woman with cravings every night, lol. The font is a little small, but totally readable on my droid 2.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great on my asus transformer tablet!, July 14, 2011
This review is from: iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution (App)
This app looks positively brilliant on my tablet, its great to see more apps geared towards honeycomb and larger displays.

5.0 out of 5 stars delicious, July 14, 2011
This review is from: iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution (App)
great app of the day, very delicuous and beatuful, makes me very hubgry, you wouldnt like me when im hungry

iCookbook The Complete Cooking Solution