4.0 out of 5 stars Summary of the product's features
Here's my overview. This comes with a 3-foot USB input cable to connect the port into your computer. The cable is a bit short if you place your computer on the floor and decide to put the USB hub/port on your desk: where most people would like the hub/port to be for easier access. If the cable was a couple feet longer it would suffice.
It also comes with a power...
Published 11 months ago by John L Murphy

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy Construction, Works For Now
Published 5 months ago by Kira H Tamagawa

4.0 out of 5 stars Summary of the product's features, November 12, 2013
This review is from: iDsonix® USB 3.0 10 Port Hub + 5V 2.1A Smart Charging Port + 3 On/Off Switch with 12V 4A Power Adapter Build-in Surge Protector [VIA VL812 Chipset] (Electronics)
It also comes with a power adapter.

The on/off buttons on the port might be a convenience to some who need it but I'm not sure why you would. It's doing more harm than good in my opinion...if you have a device connected to your computer using this hub/port you might accidentally push off and remove your device's connection without first properly disconnecting it from the computer.

Also, if you are using it as a charging port, the on/off button may be useless anyways. I don't need it to disconnect my phone or tablet if I'm finished charging. I'd simply unplug the device. I'm not exactly sure why they have it.

Otherwise, it charges devices well and eliminates the need of a power-strip to connect my many USB power adapters. Plus, I can plug in multiple hard-drives to access. (I was provided a sample to test.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Powered Hub, January 27, 2014
Angele Florisi (Las Vegas, Nevada) - See all my reviews
I have had so much trouble with the powered hubs that I have purchased over the years that I decided to wait before writing a review on this one. We use this hub on a repair bench in an Apple authorized service shop and I have to say that I have been VERY pleased with it. There are 3 banks of USB ports that are all powered separately. I use one bank for my own system and the other two for troubleshooting client equipment ranging from computers and hard drives to iPads & iPhones. There is sufficient power to all three banks to run multiple devices without problems. It is also sufficiently fast to handle multiple external hard drive which can book a computer through the hub. Very pleased with this unit and I highly recommend it for someone in need of lots of extension ports that are separately powered. It also sits nicely on the desk / bench and doesn't all tangled in other equipment.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent - Great Signaling & Best Power Supply I've Seen, May 5, 2014
Bruce R. Senator (Orange County, CA) - See all my reviews
Having purchased (too) many USB 3.0 Hubs with the Genesis Logic GL3520 chipset which were FAILURES, I tried this IDsonix USB 3.0 Hub based on the VIA VL-3520 chipset. All I can say is my life is a whole lot easier now.

No more dropped or interrupted USB signals. Finally, I have Plug-N-Play; Set-It & Forget-It.

And I have never seen a computer accessory come with as high of quality AC power adapter as I received from IDsonix. Possibly this is why the USB signaling is so stable.

Each port has an LED light to let you know it is active. The only thing I suggest is for IDsonix to use a better quality LED for each of the 10 ports.

Other than that, this product does exactly as stated, and in my opinion, exceeded expectations.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy Construction, Works For Now, May 12, 2014
The device works for now, although I am not particularly confident it will last. While it feels poorly put together overall, the most alarming thing is that there is a piece of... something loose inside of it that rolls around when the device is moved. The hub does not open, so I can't tell what it is, but that's probably not a good sign. If I can't get a replacement, I am going to try and return this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best USB 3.0 hub yet -- and I own five of them, May 10, 2014
I like everything about this hub so far. I like that it provides ten USB ports, conveniently accessible. I like its size: it's no larger than it should be for ten ports, yet it sits on my desk and doesn't flop or slide around like some hubs. Perhaps most of all, I like that the nine ports accessible on top are arranged in three sets, each of which has an on-off button. That nearly solves a long-standing problem for this Mac user: Apple's implementation of USB 3 on my Mac mini (and many other Macs) is wonky, and there have been a number of posts on Apple's discussion forums about this. The problem -- with all five USB 3 Hubs I've tried by different manufacturers, including this one -- is that USB 3 drives connected to a hub often fail to mount at startup, while they do just fine if connected directly to one of the Mac's USB ports. I've spent more than an hour talking with Apple's tech support about this, with no resolution. The workaround I've been using for months is to connect the hard drives to a power strip, leave the powerstrip off, then turn it on after the Mac has booted. That works, but bending over is inconvenient, as is using my right toe. The on-off switches on the iDsonix hub provide a much better workaround option. Also, I've got quite a few USB drives, and I don't always want all of them mounted. This hub's three separate banks and switches let me choose which drives I might need for a particular project. In testing the read/write performance of the same drives connected via the hub vs directly, there is essentially no difference. The additional 5V/2A charging port is another bonus. If I had to criticize something, about all I could say is I found a few typos in the supplied user manual -- that's it. Altogether, whoever designed this product did a great job.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice!, October 19, 2013
With so many devices and luckily everybody standardizing on USB 2, and now ver 3, there is always a shortage of USB ports on laptops. I have so many USB 3 2TB harddisks that I have to use a Hub on a daily basis. This is a very nice form factor with a solid rubber grip on the bottom. Will not slide on tables. This is the first time I am seeing one USB hub with 10 ports. Awesome! The 3 On/Off switches make it convenient to control only you want. I used this with

- Samsung Galaxy S4 (for copying files)
- WD 2T Hard disks (portable)
- USB -SD card readers
- Keyboard and Mouse
- Game controller (Logitech)
- Seagate 1 TB Portable drives

Highly recommended for its compactness for having 10 ports. I was provided this product in exchange of a fair and honest review.

5.0 out of 5 stars This bad boy has a 4 amp power brick, May 9, 2014
oldtaku (San Diego, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I have a pile of flaky USB hubs. It would make you weep. It makes me weep.

This thing is solid. It's huge, but who cares? The connectors aren't going to flake (half my defective hubs). The ports are solid.

And it's got a gigantic laptop power supply. This thing is half the size of the hub itself, and will supply 4 amps. Some of you might find the brick a negative, but for me the solid power is a godsend, because flaky hubs often flake when they try to supply too much power and choke.

I've got ten things plugged in right now, including two USB video cards, a USB audio card, myriad USB serial ports, two USB drives, some input devices, and a tablet in the high power port and it's working just fine. I'm ordering two more.

The on/off buttons for the groups of three three ports seems like a gimmick, but it doesn't hurt anything.

If you want to charge a bunch of tablets/phones at once I suggest you look at the Anker 25/40W devices ( http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Family-Sized-Desktop-Charger-Adapter/dp/B00DVH62J2 ) but for a standard hub this thing is the bomb.

4.0 out of 5 stars Working as I Hoped, April 2, 2014
R. Hunt (Queens, NY United States) - See all my reviews
I have an MBox, an iPod, a WD My Passport, Kindle, and other USB devices. I like to leave the My Passport off when I'm not using it, my MBox can't be connected until after I've booted up Windows 8.1 completely, and if I have my iPod connected and take new photos or videos, they aren't available until I reconnect it. This hub takes care of all that for me. The power port is also great for charging the iPod when the PC is off, a need I frequently run into. And providing 10 ports that work for 3.0 and 2.0 makes it easier to manage my other devices w/o lots of plugging and unplugging. Of course I don't try to run all of them simultaneously, since ultimately they're going through one 3.0 port, but so far this seems worth the money. The switches may not be super-durable, only time will tell.

5.0 out of 5 stars This USB hub is a BOSS!, November 22, 2013
Do you tend to over do it with technology? Do you have more gadgets than your computer can charge at once? If so, you're like me. And here's a product that's made just for us. The iDsoinx™ USB 3.0 10 Port Hub has room for a ridiculous 10 USB devices to charge at one (I have 8). Here's some things you should know:

1. It's about the size of an old-school TV remote.

2. It's quite good looking and well-built.

3. There are buttons to turn off sets of inputs. I like this because I can turn them off when I'm not charging something. I don't know for a fact if this saves much energy, but it must save at least a little.

4. The unit is powered and has a power-brick midway through the power cord. It's about half the size of the unit.

For me, I just velocroed this unit to the back of my desk and I'm using it the same way you would use a power strip, accept with USB cords. All my phones, iPads, Kindles, etc. charge with it and I don't have to plug them into into my crazy tangle of wires under my desk. If I need something charged fast (usually my phone), then I just plug it into the high-speed slot.

If you have a lot of devices you need to charge (or connect to your computer), this is a great option.
[manufacturer provided review unit]

2.0 out of 5 stars Ports too Narrow to fit all USB Plugs, June 16, 2014
You would think all USB plugs are standard size but apparently they're not. This iDsonix unit unfortunately has clearance issues as I was unable to plug my iPhone Lightning cable in. The USB was just too thick. It was impossible to put in. However my standard Micro-USB cord would fit with ease.

I returned it for a full refund. Nice unit. Looks great. Appears to be great quality. The banks can easily be shut off or turned on.