Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Luxury Beauty Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer bf15 bf15 bf15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $15 Off All-New Fire Kindle Black Friday Deals Black Friday Video Game Deals Outdoor Deals on PlasmaCar

Product Packaging: Standard PackagingChange

on July 15, 2012
These headphones are quite possibly the worst I've ever purchased. Ok, the sound quality is fine, they really do sound good but they broke a DAY after I bought them. The plastic frame that goes around the metal band where you adjust the headphones to fit your head is made of two pieces and is only held together by a thin strip of plastic. That little piece failed and broke apart. I repaired it for now with some good ol duct tape but seriously, I do NOT recommend getting these headphones at all. This is possibly the cheapest manufacturing I've ever seen. They shouldn't sell these for more than a dollar because that's about what I imagine it cost to make them. I'm never buying a pair of headphones from this company again.
on September 21, 2011
This is a dual post to help with the confusion between the Vertex red and Iron headphones.

There are stores selling the red set for 20 bucks more. They are the same headphones. The headphones, for the price, sound great.
They do become bass heavy, so it helps to have equalizer settings to adjust the sound. If your device doesn't have equalizer, then you will notice the uneven sound quality after five songs. The sound quality is still better than the competing,Same-priced, over ear headphones (seinhezzer, Sony and Skullcandy).

Material quality is not great. On the outside they look durable but the insides are too fragile and cheap.
The biggest complaint for me is the ear cups. They only move one direction and they are leveled at a straight angle. This makes the back of my ears sore after a full day of having these on. There needs to be a swivel.
The cord lenght is feels like they forgot to account for the people who use these headphones for anything other than their phones. I have to sit closer to my work computer when I use these. For the bulky size of the headphone, I expected a long cord with them. I have ear buds that have longer cords than this.

Noise reduction is great for indoor use. Music does not sound loud to people near by, unless you have the volume set to 80-90% max. Outdoor use is not the strong point for this headphone. Music competes with the outdoor sounds like skateboard wheels and traffic.
I feel like my ears have too many sounds it's trying to distinguish, while street use.
Oh, it has a built in mic... for those who like to yell at the person their on the phone with. The noise reduction ear pads prevent you from hearing how loud you are actually talking in public.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2012
As others have said, they work fine until they break. I tugged at them the wrong way and the wire popped out from where it was held, and it's so flimsy I'm sure it can't be fixed. Definitely overpriced.
on February 15, 2014
these are great headphones. I am about to buy my second pair. but if you have a big head do not attempt to buy them. I know that sounds funny but the way they aren't made for a big head person can't wear them without breaking them. I learned this the hard way. I love them out to a couple of people with big heads or big hair. I have several pair of headphones but I love the best. they have good trouble deep bass and when they are on your ears things are quiet. for the money this is a great investment just take care of them. and they also make a great gift I love the mic on them too.
on June 27, 2014
When i got these in December, I thought they were great! They have great sound and fit. Problems started in Feb. While removing the headphones the left side speaker holder (plastic) broke. I was shocked. I was just removing them. I did grab them by the speakers but that is how I have always removed headphones. The design looks good but the holder is made of thin plastic and is subject to break. I fixed them for a while with super glue but that only lasted a couple months.
on October 1, 2013
I would recommend this to anyone who doesn't want to spend $200 on Dre Beats Headphones. I make movies and when it comes to making movies. Sound is priority to make a good movie. I was about to spend $200 on Dre Beats, BUT then i saw my friend wearing these headphones. I gave them a try. after listening to my favorite song, I replied " 30 buck...really?" ever since then, I never looked back on getting Dre Beats. Best Investment Ever!!!
on December 23, 2014
I've had these Vertex headphones for about two years. They are very comfortable, have a good sound, and the bass is better than my Sony and Bose headphones. The cord is twice the length of other headphones I have; which is nice when using them at my computer. The only issues I've have is the cover for the microphone has slide off. A little super glue and done. I have never used the microphone so I cannot review it.
on May 7, 2014
This is my 3rd pair of headphones. I am happy with the quality of sound, sound suppressor, built in microphone and built in stop-&-play button on the mic, and the same button allows me to answer and hang up phone calls!
on October 2, 2012
They fit well, are sturdy, and produce decent sound. I do like the ear cushions - very comfortable for me. I have a big head and these fit well, but also collapse down to fit my kids heads as well.
on June 5, 2014
Came 4 days early & they are incredibly comfortable headphones and great sound quality. Bass is sooo loud and very clear. Thats y I love these headphones. Gonna buy a spare pair too