Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

on May 9, 2014
The case itself is perfect for the recorder. I saw some of the problems people have had with the snap-on belt holder. I fixed this by ordering a "InstaClip one-piece belt clip, black" $5.99 from the TheCLIP.com. Once I got both pieces, I carefully cut the stitching to remove the belt loop of off the leather pouch. I left the snap in place since it didn't interfere with the new belt clip. I followed the directions that came with the new belt clip, and cut 2 slots into the leather case about 1.5" apart. After that, I was able to slide the new belt clip into place and snap it closed. I it turned out very well, and it is definitely more secure than the original belt loop. Advice I would give, is take your time. I think it took me at most 15 minutes. If I can figure out how to upload a picture I will.
review image review image
on March 20, 2015
I bought this to limit lettering erosion like my first recorder. It is made of first class materials and looks great. I don't use the belt loop so I can't comment on the functionality of that part. I expected some problems with the magnetic flap but it works fine for my needs, but then it won't receive rough handling like some will. I would not buy a PX333 Sony recorder without one. It is a perfect snug fit and protects well. It's a bargain.

I have tried the belt lop mode and it works great for me. At first it got caught on several objects. Then I moved it up on the belt and it sits and rides quite well. I'm keeping it there. The magnetic flap still works fine. This one's a keeper.

UPDATE: It lasted 5 months. The belt loop fell apart. Since this is the only case that I have found that fits my recorder I am buying another one of these. At this price I can afford to buy 2 a year.
on February 18, 2016
I just received this, so my review is not about durability, which is something I typically look for in reviews. It does appear to be a relatively durable product, and the magnet is strong enough to do the job but is not hard to release.

When buying this, I looked at reviews to make sure it would fit my Philips Voice Tracer LFH0662. Comparing the specs on the other recorders that were said to fit, I took an educated guess that it would fit. It does. The LFH0662 measures 4.5" long × 1 5/8" wide × 3/4" thick (by my measurement). It fits snugly (not tightly, but securely). I don't think anything much wider would fit. There is about 1/2" extra room for length. There is about 1/4" extra room for thickness. There might be a little more or less if the dimensions were a little different, for instance if it were less thick but slightly wider or vice versa. But anything about 5" × 1 3/4" × 7/8" or smaller would fit.

The downside to buying this over something that might be more tailored to a particular model or series, which might have holes placed where the controls are, is that you have to take the recorder out of the case to operate it. My recorder's microphone is on the top of the recorder, so I could probably get decent results by taking it halfway out, turning the recorder on, and putting it back but keeping the flap open, but that is probably not how I'll use it most times.

I bought this because I like to keep my recorder in my pocket when out and about and noticed that the print was starting to wear off on some of the buttons after a couple months. It does add a bit of bulk to that purpose, but that's a tradeoff I assumed. The protection makes something like this a must-have, and this suits my needs well.
on March 23, 2014
Case was a expected...Recorder fit perfectly and snug. More impotently, the record/play buttons were not affected by the fit. Belt loop was fine, and as I believe one rating stated that [maybe] a small piece of VELCRO could be added to hold the flap closed, although I have no problem with the current design. Item was received as expected, and would recommend this item and company.
on December 15, 2015
Perfect fit for my Sony ICD-PX440 digital recorder. I didn't want a bulky case that would defeat the small form factor of the recorder, and this is as small as possible while still providing protection. I like that the clasp is magnetic for easy access. Belt thingy on the back. Well constructed. The case even has a great leather smell. Very happy with this purchase.
on February 15, 2016
The case is nice and the perfect size. Except it is a little tight. This might be because it is new. The sides might need to be elastic. It is a very nice case and the price is very good. I think the sides will stretch with use.
on June 29, 2016
This case is a perfect fit for my Sony ICD-PX440 digital recorder. I bought it based on Amazon's "Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought" notice below the recorder. I can definitely recommend this item.
on July 1, 2015
Great little case. The voice recorder fits just perfect. The only thing I would like to see is a little pocket added for ear phones, but since there is not one, its not a big deal because protection of the voice recorder is the main reason for buying the case. I would recommend this to others. It seems to be well made and very good quality.
on November 10, 2015
The case was a little snug for the Sony ICD PX440 recorder at first. Now, the case got stretch out, so it was much easier to insert and pull out the recorder from the case. The leather seemed a little stiff, but it got a little softer now. Overall it's a good case.
on May 29, 2015
This leather case with a magnet fastener is the best fitting voice recorder "holster" I have seen so far. It's a custon fit for the Sony ICD-PX333, which measures 3/4"T x 1 1/2"W x 4 1/2"L. Could probably accommodate another 1/4" in length. Snug (not forcefully tight) fit so no room for extras. Love it.