5.0 out of 5 stars Best armband for iPod!
Published on September 17, 2011 by Sangfroid

1.0 out of 5 stars ARMBAND TOO SHORT; TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE
Published 22 months ago by donkey1

5.0 out of 5 stars Best armband for iPod!, September 17, 2011
Sangfroid (ASTORIA, NEW YORK United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iGadgitz Water Resistant Neoprene Sports Gym Jogging Armband for Apple iPod Classic 80gb, 120gb & 160gb (Accessory)
I searched for a long time to find the best armband for my iPod Classic 160gb 7G. I found this one and it looked like exactly what I needed. I was right, it's PERFECT! I have a crystal hard case on my iPod at all times and it fits perfectly in this armband with the case still on. Stays on perfectly during my high intensity workout, is comfortable, and feels extremely secure. Highly recommend!

4.0 out of 5 stars Better than others, November 1, 2011
I used to have the type where you slide the ipod in through the top. This one works much better because it really encloses the ipod and keeps sweat off of it. The top loading kind also fall apart after a year or so of regular use, which for the price is really not worth it. This one is much higher quality and I imagine will last much longer. My only complaint is that the velcro on the strap could be longer so that I could get the armband tighter. As it is, it's a little loose so it flops around a bit. I'll probably add extra but if you have thin arms be aware you might not be able to tighten this satisfactorily.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super ! It fits well even when you have a gel-like skin on your iPod Classic !, December 20, 2011
A "Picky shopper" (Round Rock, TX USA) - See all my reviews
I just recently invested my first ever iPod Classic, and certainly I have to do something to protect such investment.
I have a gel-like skin placed on iPod Classic and it's a great fit.

Now, my problem is to find a good armband that I can place it when I exercise.
Look around the current market, understand iPod Classic is considered as an ancient relic compared with iPod Touch, almost every armband out there is made for either smartphone or for iPod Touch, and certainly not have the "reality in mind" that people actually do put a protective measurement around iPod Classic most of time, only occasionally taking iPod to the gym / exercise.

Let's face the fact, no one has the time nor the intention to "take off" the iPod skin / case when you want to take it to the gym, and most armbands are made so "tight" that really require you to take the protective case off iPod before you can even attempt to fit to the armband. Then says, you exercise for an hour or two, you take it out of the armband, would you put the protective skin right back ? Think not, then the scratch will happen, dirt will get in, and you will be mad.

This armband is a good design, it has the "common sense" in mind, thinking most of the iPod owners would have a skin or case some sort to place on their iPods already, no one would want to take it off then place it to the armband when exercise. It has enough space to allow the skin and case, and all the available ports are still accessible.

Yes, I am extremely happy about this product.

If you have a case / gel-like skin around your iPod Classic, this is the armband you want to get if you plan to take your iPod Classic to the gym.

1.0 out of 5 stars ARMBAND TOO SHORT; TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE, February 15, 2013
BE AWARE, AMERICAN CUSTOMERS!! This seller is in UK. I did see the reviews about the armband too short, but the actual length is 2 inches shorter than what was then described. I contacted the seller, but they were very SLOW responding to my email, and I had to contact them at least twice to get answers. There is NO FREE RETURNING OPTION. This whole returning process took almost 2 months. Worst of all, they claimed they refunded me, but they NEVER DID. I had to file a claim through Amazon. DO NOT USE THIS SELLER unless you already know about items.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally, a decent armband that fits the IPod Classic, January 17, 2012
I looked all over for a decent armband for my iPod Classic to use while I was on the treadmill, and I discovered that most armbands are manufactured for the Touch/iPhone or the Nano. My husband bought me one for Christmas, and I promptly returned it because it didn't give me access to the controls while in use.

I like that this fits the Classic snugly and that I can still used the click-wheel through the clear plastic window. Although the construction isn't high-end, it does the job and holds together well. The armband adjusts using a buckle-and-velcro system. Behind the iPod holder, the case is slightly padded for comfort. Even though the description says "water resistant," I'm not sure it would protect the iPod in a heavy downpour since the few holes (for docking and the earbuds) expose parts of the device inside. Still, if you are in a light right or if you sweat a lot, the iPod should be protected.

-- Debbie Lee Wesselmann

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes working out easier, November 14, 2010
One cannot go to the gym without their Ipod so this armband makes it extrememly convenient to workout and listen to music. It fits my 80GB perfectly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good, but not stretchy, April 27, 2012
Overall, this is a good iPod holder. It seems fairly durable, there's enough velcro to know that it's not going to slip apart or fall off.

My biggest gripe is that it's not stretchy. If you're working out, your muscles will swell throughout your workout. If you cinch this armband down tight over your arm, you'll have to adjust it when your muscles start getting pumped. Basically, you're either going to have just a little bit more tension than you like or not enough.

The clear plastic over the front of the iPod could be a bit more touch sensitive. I wear this when I'm cycling and there have been many times when I've had to slow down a lot and focus on the iPod instead of my bike ride in order to attempt to adjust the volume or scroll through a playlist.

Still, for the price, not too shabby. I'm happy with it, although if I find one that's stretchy, I'll be upgrading.

3.0 out of 5 stars ipod Armband, September 22, 2012
The quality of this band is good but it is not long enough for those with medium to large circumference arms. I'm not buff by any means and the band barely stretches completely around my ARM.

2.0 out of 5 stars Was too small, February 13, 2012
I bought this product because most of the reviews said it was for larger arms however when i got it and put it on it was too tight just gave it to my friend

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, April 23, 2012
After a lot of research I chose this armband because it looked comfortable and is made of neoprene! I was right, it is a great armband; the click wheel doesn't work too well while the iPod is inside the pouch, but I never use the volume control once I get going anyway so it's not a problem for me. It stays snug, doesn't slip, and is a great all around armband. Would definitely buy this again!!