Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: iGo KeyJuice Charger for Smartphones - USB to Micro and Mini USB (Discontinued by Manufacturer)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on August 8, 2011
Fantastic cable. Helped remove the tangled mass of cables in my bag. Both mini and micro USB 2.0 connections, this cable not only folds/snaps together when not in use but provides enough amperage to attached devices to run optical disk burners and external hard drives.
High quality and well-designed, if you are ever going to spend over $2 on a USB cable, this is the cable to buy.
on April 19, 2012
This is pretty handy when you are tired of hauling tangled cables around with you. The little flat cable is very short though, so you will need a clear space for your device next to the laptop or charger to use. When using on my MacBook Pro, I find that it blocks the second USB port, so don't plan to use two at once unless your USB ports are on opposite sides of your laptop.
on May 10, 2012
There's a reason all the pictures show it in the open position.

I bought two of these, one for me and one for my girlfriend. Our phones get a lot of use, and we don't always remember the cable. This was supposed to solve that problem. I took them out of the box and tested them. They both work exactly as expected, allowing for both charge and sync on both ports, so I closed them up.

Therein lies the problem. I am a big man. I am strong enough to tear apart a ripe apple with my bare hands, but I am not strong enough to open the iGo once it's closed. After several minutes of trying, I finally had to resort to stabbing it with a very sharp knife, and even then it took considerable effort. I was worried that I would break it just trying to get it open. And what of those times I don't have a sharp knife around? I'm going to see if I can modify it to make it usable, but caveat emptor: unless you're one of the strongest people you know, this won't be nearly as convenient as it looks.

UPDATE: I trimmed the edge of the clip on the MicroUSB plug with a sharp knife to make it smaller, and now both of them are easier to open, but stay closed.
on September 23, 2011
I was debating between either this or the Scosche one for my Android phone. I ended up buying this and was immediately impressed with the size. Very small and thin, looked to be perfect for my keychain. However, I found it VERY difficult to take apart, almost worried I was going to break it. Also, even a bigger deal... was that once plugged into my microUSB port, the plug wouldn't stay put. The microUSB end would fall out very easily and would almost make it worthless.

Ended up returning for the Scosche model and am MUCH happier.
on March 17, 2012
My husband and I have been using these for our phones for over a yr. When i first got them, I thought there's no way these are going to last. I have been so pleasantly surprised. I have two of the USB ones and one for the iPod. They are great for how they fold for storage, and foe charging without excess cabling in my purse/backpack. I use them all the time...daily use, but also take them hiking and BackCountry camping--where every ounce counts.
on February 24, 2014
The proliferation of different USB port sizes is amazing. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if, in a few years' time, someone came out with Nano USB or Mega USB or something crazy. In the meantime, luckily we only have a few with which we must deal.

I don't have many Mini devices, but I have a few, and of late I've found that I need to either hook them up to the laptop or charge them or whatever. The iGo KeyJuice purports to be a charger, but (obviously) it's a general-purpose USB cable, albeit a rather short one. What you see in the photos is what you get, and that's really about all you need.

Initially I was worried that the (somewhat) bulky main USB port might get in the way of things on my laptop, but it seems my fears were unfounded. On both my MacBook Pro and on my Lenovo laptop, I have no issues with hooking this thing up. The small ribbon-type cables that actually connect the mini and micro ports to the main housing seem to be of good quality, but know that they're pretty short. I'm not sure why I thought that they might extend outward, but they most definitely do not. In this case, it's not a huge issue; you'll just need to keep your device close to your computer, or do as I did—keep a USB extension cable in your bag. (Look in your junk parts drawer...you probably have one.)

The only reason I deduct a star is that the plastic housing doesn't feel like it's the best quality. When closed, the three plastic parts form something of a rounded rectangle, but they don't *quite* meet in the middle—there's a bit of a gap. It feels as though things should snap together a bit better. Not a huge issue, but it makes me nervous about how long it'll hold up.

I'm definitely glad I picked this thing up; plenty inexpensive, and a great part of my laptop bag.
on November 9, 2014
Great in a pinch.
Compact enough to go anywhere with you and not worry about being wrapped in cables.
The cord length may not be appropriate for some.
The connections don't always snap back into their fittings properly and may come dislodged while carrying.

Outside of this.
It's pretty good.
I purchased it to go in as an edc altoid tin back up.
Alongside an apple lightning adapter.
This way in an emergency situation I'd have most connections for every day cell phones.

Thanks

Peas and apples
Bucky
Www.facebook.com/bucky5676
on November 4, 2014
I really really wanted to like this thing. It's an incredibly useful device. In theory. Unfortunately, the wires are too thin or something. It stresses any chargers very badly (as in they make a buzzing noise and get exceptionally hot very very fast.) It likely causes a lot of resistance. This also means that even if it wasn't wearing them out really fast, they also can't charge as well (as in reduced capacity.) It's a really nice idea, but a modern smartphone or tablet just can't be safely used with this. It really is too bad as it would be an incredibly useful thing to have on one's keychain.
on May 26, 2013
The charger cable is perfect for your keyring. It's small enough to not be overbearing, but sturdy enough that I don't feel like it would break with regular wear. I've actually been using one of mine for 2 years without incident. I just wish they made one with a Lightning adapter instead of the Mini USB (which isn't too commonly used these days).
on April 9, 2013
This keychain charger seems to be a little better built than most of the other similar products. Usually I would wear one of the other ones out in about a month or so, whereas this product is still holding up fine many months later.