Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc blink-182 Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on July 20, 2010
I was on a long conference call while sitting in a parking lot using my iphone 3gS connected to the iGo charger. The phone was about 25% before I started the call. Through out my call, the phone was "charging" as indicated on the iphone. As the call continued, I noticed that the battery percentage kept dropping until it dropped past 5% and then phone powered off. The only thing I can guess is that there is really not enough power coming out of these chargers for concurrent usage. I have two of these chargers. One with a green and another with a blue light when plugged in. I do not know if there is any difference between the two other than color. I was using the blue one which is newer purchase.
The auto charger I purchased with my mobile phone from the vendor's brick and mortar store went bad after a year of use; first it wouldn't recharge the phone (but would power it), and eventually it would neither recharge nor power the phone.

While there is apparently little to differentiate auto chargers for mobile electronics, the iGO has unique flexibility that make it worth considering over others:

-First are the interchangeable charging tips. Buy a single charger, and it accommodates a variety of swappable charger form factors (I also purchased charging tips or an iPod Nano and my phone).

-Add an iGo PS00272-0001 Power Splitter, and you get the flexibility of being able to charge two devices at the same time.
on December 19, 2009
This is going to save me and anyone who buys it a lot of money over the years. Every time you buy a new phone, the rip off artists who design them feel that you need to pay $30 for a new car charger. Well who on earth would do that, when all you have to do is pay a few bucks for the iGo charger, then pay a couple dollars for the tip that you need? No one, that's who. Certainly not me. All in all, I have $10 into my iGo car charger, and when I upgrade to a new phone some day I will get to spend a nice little $5 for a new tip for the iGo, instead of the ridiculous $30+ that the rip off artists think you should buy. So get one of these, and save yourself a bunch of money!
on May 4, 2015
Needed this for the splitter that I purchased with it in one of my vehicles, great addition.
on July 11, 2010
I've been using an iGo charger for about a year and a half. We have a few of them at work that we use for testing customers phones and for charging our own. I've never had a problem with them not working or burning out quickly. For the price I paid for this though it was a total steal. These run $25 in stores. Unfortunately you have to get the tips for these which run around $10 usually anywhere to look. The only way this could be improved is if the fuse in it was removable so that if it did burn out it could be replaced with a 75 cents.
on March 17, 2015
The cord is very useful. It is a replacement for my original.
on October 12, 2010
STAY FAR, FAR, AWAY.

I initially loved this product. Purchased it from Amazon on 7/7/10 after borrowing my brothers iGo charger to have a phone on my trip home from Maine. I followed up this purchase on 7/19/10 with tips for my other devices (Kindle, Palm, Motorola phone, Ipod) and was very pleased until the charger died on 10.7.10. I have been in email contact with their customer non-support since then. I have emailed the CEO and only received responses asking me the same questions that I have previously provided them. When the Director of Quality Assurance contacted me, they only addressed the issues they were having with Smartphones and Ipods. They never addressed the issue that two previous support agents did not bother to read my issue and repeatedly asked the same questions. I was offered excuses, and nothing was done to resolve the issue with my charger.

The problem is with the charger, no power is getting to it. The blue light does not illuminate, yet support needs to know the Tip model number, the Revision of the tip and they want me to count the number of copper tips at the connectors to let the know how many are there.

Far too much effort, especially when it's obvious the issue is with the auto charger itself and not the tips.

Poor customer service. Poor product quality. Think twice about buying this product if you plan on investing in numerous tips. I am now stuck with 5 tips and no charger to plug them into.

I would give this product no stars for the quality - but that is not an option. Save yourself the trouble, buy a charger made for your phone, not a cheaply made, poor quality device that stops working after only a few months of use. They have a warranty, but good luck getting them to stand behind their product.

I'll give them and A for idea, F for quality and an F- for their customer service. If they were one of my students, I'd be counseling them to withdraw from the course.
66 comments|5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 7, 2015
I bought this to cut the tip off and wire it up to something that needed 12V. I needed the side exit cable of the igo to be able to close my center console with it plugged in. I don't know how they wire these things, but it's not normal. There are 3 wires instead of 2. Black and Red gives me 3V, and Black and White gives me 2.5V. When did a 12V charger quit being a 12V charger? This is going in the trash.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2015
Works as advertised, no issues.
on April 17, 2010
Item was shipped and recieved promptly in brand new condition. It works perfect. I purchased the same Igo charger at Radio Shack for $25 dollars. Save yourself $20 and buy this charger. It's a no brainer!