5.0 out of 5 stars Love Everything about This
I love this product for the following reasons:

-It has a relatively small footprint. The picture is accurate in showing that it is slightly wider than an iPad.
-It is simple to dock both iPads and iPods.
-There is a usb port in the back so that you can charge newer devices.
-The product has an app that makes setup a breeze.
-You can dock...
Published 15 months ago by E. Volenec

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly for about 8 months
Published 14 months ago by Mary Voorhees

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Everything about This, July 18, 2013
E. Volenec (Schaumburg, IL United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: iHome Dual Charging Stereo FM Clock Radio with USB Charge for iPod/iPhone/iPad (Electronics)
I love this product for the following reasons:

-It is simple to dock both iPads and iPods.
-There is a usb port in the back so that you can charge newer devices.
-The product has an app that makes setup a breeze.
-You can dock multiple devices at once and choose which one is playing at a time.
-The speakers are relatively good with no buzzing.
-You can dim the clock light or turn it completely off if you choose.
-it sets its own clock. When you dock your device, it matches its time to the device. This means that if the power ever goes off, when it goes back on, it will reset itself to your iPad, iPhone etc..., and your alarm will go off on schedule.

Who might this product not work for? The only thing I can think is that someone who wants great speakers might not enjoy this device as much as I do. Additionally, if all of your devices are newer and have the lighting cable, you will not be able to dock them on top, so you might wait for or look for a device that supports the newer Apple chargers.

Otherwise, I wholeheartedly love this product and recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars iHome really gets it!, June 24, 2013
Jason Whitt "Whittmeister" (Southwest Mich., United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
I'm an audiophile and favor full-sized well powered speaker systems. But I also recognize the need for convenience where multi-media is concerened. I have found the iHome brand to offer excellent functionality for your smart media at a reasonable price. But I always felt the sound quality was lacking...until now.

The sound that comes out of this unit is nothing short of amazing. There is plenty of power and a remarkable range of volume. Once the easy-to-use EQ is set, this unit offers very balanced sound that is clear and articulate, but also deep and thumpy. No really, this little guy can deliver a surprising amount of bass for its size. It can easily fill a bedroom, kitchen or living room with great sounding music. It looks small, but it doesn't sound small. You won't need to run this unit at full volume very much. I'm not a Bose fan and never have been, but I do appreciate their niche and what it represents. Bose had better look out because those seeking great sound at a non-Bose price point for their smart media would be wise to look here.

What's even better is the fact that you can charge two different smart devices at the same time on this unit. All the menus are simple, intuitive an easy to set up. I couldn't recommend this more highly as your combo alarm clock, smart charger and compact music device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Not Bose But Not Meant To Be, June 26, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This is my third iHome clock radio/dock/alarm clock. It is an improvement over its predecessors in a few very significant ways.
This dock can accomodate two devices because it has the 30 pin connector mounted on top and an additional jack that can accomodate a second device. While a sync cable is not provided, this is a plus because it now provides the capability to support the new lightening connector or the older 30 pin.
Like my previous iHome, there is no need to manually set the clock since you can sync it with your Apple device. Setting the alarm is a manual process, but it is easy to do and no more complicated than setting any alarm clock.
As for sound, this isn't a Bose. However, it provides solid sound and good amplification. I'm no expert, but it seems like an improvement over my older iHome docks in that it produces a big sound and clarity that you wouldn't from a compact device that fits comfortably on my nightstand.
Given the iHome's reasonable price this offers a lot in terms of quality construction, sound, dependability, and versatility. For me, the best part is that it can accomodate all my Apple devices without needing an adaptor.

2.0 out of 5 stars Worked perfectly for about 8 months, August 26, 2013
I received this as a Christmas gift about 8 months ago. I loved it, it charged my iPhone 4S in an Otterbox Defender Series case, played music clearly, and was easy to use. However, one day out of no where it stopped charging my iPhone. It plays music, but the main feature I use, the charging, is no longer functioning after only 8 months of use. I am going to replace it with something else. It was nice while it lasted.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent iPad Companion - Highly Recommended, July 28, 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
This iHome "Dual Charging Stereo FM Clock Radio" works great as an iPad docking station and has better than expected sound quality. We have several other iHome products that we use for our family's various iPods and iPhones (mostly as bed side alarm clocks and charging stations) so opted to put this on in our small shop where we use an iPad 3 has a "point of sale" terminal. Here are my observations:

Pros -
+ Ease of Use; iHome products are generally very easy to set up and this one is no different, we had it fully configured within a half hour of unboxing (Time Sync was a very nice touch, allowing the iHome to set the time from the iPad)
+ Functionality; allows charging of two devices at the same time, built in alarm clock, FM Radio, and battery backup
+ Appearance; looks are important since this sits on our sales counter and this is indeed a sharp looking unit
+ Sound Quality; surprising good audio that is perfectly acceptable for providing "background" music in our shop

Cons -
- Stability; I do have some concerns with the security of the iPad when docked, but that is mostly because it is sitting in a place of business, I would not as concerned with it sitting on a night stand or with a smaller iPhone or iPod
- Battery Replacement; uses button batteries for the battery backup

Misc -
* Apps; there are interactive apps available to provide enhanced controls but the system works just fine for my needs without them

Overall, I am very pleased with this docking station in functionality, appearance, and performance!

Highly Recommended!

CFH

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed. Not made for the Iphone 5, January 13, 2014
Description was very misleading. We were looking for a clock radio with the port to charge the Iphone 5- The port only fitsa 4 - It has a USB port to plug in but might as well plug into wall. That was not what we were looking for. Ihome make good products but very disappointed and felt it was misrepresented. We will probably return it unless there is an adapter that makes it worth keeping.

1.0 out of 5 stars This one was a dud!, November 14, 2013
We bought my daughter one to take to college. After a couple of months, it stopped charging her I-phone. Now, four months later, it not only won't charge her phone, but it won't let her play music or change the time to fit the time change. I won't buy another one of these!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not so great for iPad docking, February 12, 2014
If anyone can figure out how to dock your iPad on this thing without making your fingers bleed or scratching the heck out of your iPad, please let me know. The docking feature on top for the iPad is a mess. Impossible.

1.0 out of 5 stars worked at first, but now it doesn't, just two months later, January 17, 2014
J. Smith (CT United States) - See all my reviews
Bought this for my teenager to charge his I-phone overnight and use as an alarm. It charged his phone for the first two months, and now it no longer does. It is worthless to us now. There is no way to return a product that stops working through Amazon once the return period ends (one month in this case). Probably not wise to order electronics through Amazon.

3.0 out of 5 stars display is too bright at night, January 2, 2014
Alan M. Brown (Roswell, GA, USA) - See all my reviews
The order process and receipt of goods were fine. However, the product description on Amazon's site was weak and there was not adequate information. Unfortunately, we plan to return this item, because it does not meet our expectation for nighttime visibility of clock numbers. Backlit white is used, with dark for the numbers. When the intensity is reduced to its lowest (not off) setting, it is still quite bright (and too bright for my wife to have next to her head attempting to sleep). Turning the intensity to off is a hassle because you then must cycle through several intensity settings when you want to see the time again. We will now search for something that uses (red, green, or blue) variable-intensity LED, similar to what we had been using. It is unfortunate that the iHome product doesn't use this, because we otherwise like the features of the unit.