5.0 out of 5 stars Great classic case
Published 20 months ago by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a book by its cover!!!
Published 19 months ago by Teacher35

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't judge a book by its cover!!!, May 22, 2013
How disappointed I was when this case arrived. I paid twice as much for this case as I did for others so I was expecting a case of better quality or at least equal quality. If it's looks that you're going for, then I say, "You've got it." If you're going for the protection of your iPad, I'd say, "This IS NOT the one." The quality is very flimsy. Unlike other cases that I bought from Amazon, this one did not have the elastic band to keep it closed when it is not in use. Also, unlike other cases, there were no grooves to help with the standing. Needless to say I will return the case because I feel taken advantage of because of good looks. When one pays $35.00 for an iPad case, the looks and quality should match. This was not the case. At best, in my opinion, this case is worth $10.00. The only thing that it offers is looks !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great classic case, April 19, 2013
This review is from: iHome Composition Book Case for iPad mini, Black (IH-FR-IM1106B) (Personal Computers)
I just got an ipad mini so I ordered this as my first case. Everyone knows what a composition notebook is as well all probably grew up using one so I thought this case was cool. As I said its my first case so I don't have much to compare it to. I think the case is great, the ipad fits perfectly and once it clips in you know it's secure. If your truly worried about how durable a case is and how much protection you get, idk if this is the case for you. This case if not made from hard plastic so if you drop it I'm pretty sure the ipad will not withstand much abuse. Not something I worry about because I'm extra careful. Overall it's a great case for yourself or as a gift to anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Classic looks, not perfect though., May 26, 2013
Found this cast for $15 at my local TJMax and flipped my lid I was so happy. Brought it home to test it out. It has a great feel inside and out. Fits the ipad snug and well, UNTIL you flip the case into "stand" mode for video. It unattaches the left side and the right side kind of slips down, so you have to slide it back when you go to close the case.
But it's not a deal breaker

Second
I wish it had some sort of elastic strap or some sort of magnet to keep it closed when the ipad is not in use.

But neither is a deal breaker! And I'd say it's got more pros than cons... But I might feel differently if I spent $40

5.0 out of 5 stars School time, March 13, 2013
I bought this as a gift for my bf who goes to school part time and he loved it! H said he can pull off opening a notebook in class without being scolded lol. The material is great and it even allows him to put it in his jacket pocket.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful, February 1, 2014
I received this case for my iPad mini and I am in love.most people don't realize what I am walking around with . They believe that it's a real notebook until I open the case.

4.0 out of 5 stars Cute, April 28, 2013
I got so many compliments..I use it to take notes in class..my only dislike is that when I want to have it propped up length wise it slides because there isn't any thing to stop it like a "built in groove" Hint Hint!!! It is annoying only if u use it to take notes or are applying constant pressure..my overall conclusive thoughts: this product is for fashion not functionality..ps u can use rubber bands to reduce sliding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Clever!, March 30, 2014
I love my cover and have received lots of compliments on it. Very cute idea and nice construction. I've seen some others that are cheaply made of plastic and this one is much better.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice simple case with a retro look, but some drawbacks, March 19, 2014
Steve R (Colorado, United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
As a case this is a no-frills one. It covers the basics: magnetic cover (to turn on the screen when you open it), stand mode (for multiple viewing angles), grippy binding, etc.

However it is not terribly durable and not a case to use if your main requirement is protection of your iPad. The binding along the spine is loosening up after just a few weeks of use. And in "stand" mode the iPad seems to slip down the closer the angle of the iPad gets to horizontal. In other words, it really only "stands" up if it's pretty much upright/vertical.

That said, I have had more comments on this case from people who like the look of the old-school Composition Notebooks that this case emulates. It seems to really bring back memories for some people.

Overall a good case if you can live with the pros and cons listed above.

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice Nostalgia Case Lacks iPad Protection, March 19, 2014
Vine Customer Review of Free Product (What's this?)
Note: I received this product free to try and review.

I liked the iHome Composition Case as it reminded me of the lab books that I used in college to document my experiments. The iPad Mini fits perfectly in the case and stays there securely. When you want to prop it up for hands-free reading or video watching, you just unclick the bottom of the case and prop it up - the iPad Mini stays in place with the help of the grippy rubber coating on the inside of the "Composition" cover. Contrary to other reviewers, I do not think that the lack of grooves to fit the iPad Mini edge was a negative (as the rubber surface securely held the iPad Mini edge) and had no problems when transitioning it to hands-free table-top mode. The cover is also hard enough that your iPad Mini will not be damaged or crushed by weight on the cover.

However, I have several complaints about the cover. First since the cover doesn't wrap around the iPad Mini and is slightly larger, when held the case kind of dug into my fingers which made them sore after a while. Secondly, there is no band or strap to hold the cover closed which I feel is a major omission and offers no protection should you drop it. Finally, the $35 list price seems to be VERY high considering what you get - the price was a major negative for me and I doubt that I would have spent my own money on something that is essentially a "cosmetic" cover and is not super functional.

Overall I would rate this product only "ok" and am not sure how much I'd use it if at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome!, January 25, 2014
I love this. The best quality ipad mini case that I got so far. I just love it. This item was good for the price and quality. I highly recommend this product. If you don't have it go buy it.