There is a lot of misinformation out there on this particular dock; fortunately that I ignored before purchase:
1) The one star reviews regarding working with cases are erroneous and false. While the product does not make any mention of compatibility with cases, it does work great with my Elago Outfit case with ZERO issues.
2) The view angle of the clock is...
Published 12 months ago by Lord Byron

2.0 out of 5 stars Choked up after 6 months
Published 4 months ago by Samuel C. Baer

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome dock! Don't believe the other negative reviews. See analysis within., December 26, 2013
Lord Byron (Fernhurst, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iHome iDL95 Dual Charging Stereo FM Clock Radio with Lightning Dock and USB Charge / Play for iPad, iPhone, iPod (Electronics)
2) The view angle of the clock is approximately -30* to +85*. If you have this dock on your ceiling, it will not work for you. Horizontal field of view is approximately 170*
3) The USB does work with a 2007 IPOD Classic 80GB with ZERO issues.
4) There is no humming or noise from the speakers when in the OFF position.

Here are some things that you should be aware of prior to purchase that isn't mentioned:
1) It's FM only. No AM or shortwave for you zombie killers.
2) The USB port is 2.1A so it charges IPADs just fine.
3) If you perform a firmware upgrade, there is a strong chance your settings will get wiped -- however this is mostly negated in that the IOS app to configure the unit is awesome and much easier than pushing buttons on the clock.
4) Autosync doesn't have a sense if your device has the incorrect time on it. For instance, my ipod classic was about 6 hours off and my clock got set to it. Just keep in mind in case you find yourself attaching devices with wrong times on them.
5) If you have a paused or playing app with sound, on hookup you will start to hear it through your speakers. This was likely a design "feature" but for me I wish I had the ability to turn this off.
6) The buttons at night can be confusing until you learn what does what. This morning on wakeup I hit the giant iHOME button instead of snooze.
7) iHOME button = Power button; cheesy and I had to look it up in the stupid manual because I couldn't figure out how to shut to stupid unit off.
8) If your IOS device is playing, you can switch to the radio only briefly before it goes back to the IOS device. I would consider this a bug that should hopefully get fixed in future versions.
9) Unit comes with NO remote. I never used my remote with my old iDOCK but that might be a loss for some.
10) Speaker amplifier is rated at 6W. (I imagine it's 3+3W but cannot confirm).

Even with the above, for the dollar spent, this is an incredible value. Look for best pricing to be had at your local super octsoC warehouse.

4.0 out of 5 stars Vast improvement, August 8, 2013
David S. Nadal "d_spence" (Bellevue, WA United States) - See all my reviews
Much better than older models (I believe my old alarm was the iD9): instructions are clear, consistent, and the results far more predictable. The iPhone 5 really integrates well, and the iHome apps provide a much simpler means of setting the bells and whistles exactly the way you want. Even the sound is noticeably better, and the iDL95 even has a rudimentary EQ. It is, however, significantly less expensive at the large concrete box that starts with a C and ends with an O.

2.0 out of 5 stars Choked up after 6 months, August 3, 2014
The idl95 worked great for 6 months and then suddenly it would not recognize my iPhone 5, iPad Air, or even charge either device. I updated the firmware and that seemed to work for about two days and the the problem returned. The instructions in the troubleshooting section of the manual failed to correct the problem and my email to the iHome's technical support has gone unanswered for five days. I am able to set the alarm manually but charging and communication with my iOS devices is still not possible. I have gone from a very satisfied to a very dissatisfied customer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent sound but cheap build quality -- particularly for the price, June 9, 2014
I have resisted iHome products in the past because I figured with their affordable price point, they wouldn't have the sound I would like. I have a Philips clock radio that is great -- great sound, solid metal construction and works well with my iPhone... however, it has the 30-pin connector. That wasn't a problem since I had an adapter and that worked. Yesterday, I lost the adapter... (a 30-dollar piece of plastic!).

I decided to give this a shot since it would charge either an iPhone or an iPad.

I am very impressed with the sound. It sounds as good as the Philips.

In terms of ease of use -- an important aspect of an alarm clock -- this also is well-designed. In many respects, it is easier to use than the Philips.

However, it does lose one star due to the cheap plastic construction. The buttons feel "clicky" and cheap and if it were to fall of my nightstand for some reason, I could see it breaking easily (unlike my Philips which got pulled off one night and the metal grill just dented but still goes strong.

Overall, aesthetically I prefer my Philips. However, I do think this is well designed and for the 15 minutes I use it per day, I'm willing to live with the cheap plastic.

At least I convinced myself of one thing, though -- I'm impressed by the sound quality of iHome products and probably would purchase other devices where I want decent sound without breaking the bank.

[NCJAR]

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a must have device at least for me it is., July 27, 2014
I love this thing. I had read the reviews on another iHome model that weren't too favorable. Then I looked up the model I bought, this iDL95 and the reviews had a lot of 5 stars. Anyhow I took it out of the box and plugged it into the wall with the included adapter. Here is the part I was concerned about. I have an Apple iPad air. It is in a Snugg case which I absolutely love as well. I saw some 1 star reviews because it wasn't working with the iPhone case with some people. Well guess what, it WORKS GREAT with the iPad Air Snugg case. I tried several cases and the Snugg is the bomb. Copy and paste for Amazon search: Snugg iPad Air (iPad 5) Case in Black Leather - Flip Cover and Stand with Automatic Wake / Sleep, Elastic Hand Strap & Soft Premium Nubuck Fibre Interior to Protect Apple iPad Air (iPad 5) - Includes Lifetime Guarantee . I got it in white to match my Apple Air. It looks so good it is almost embarrassing, and guess what? It works perfectly with this iHome iDL95. I popped it into the charger with the case on and opened and the Air lit up and was charging. Then on the screen of the iPad it said there is an app for this charger to be able to run the radio/charger would you like to visit the iTunes app store to download it? I said yes and it took me right to the page. The app was totally free.

So now some of the really cool stuff is that this serves as a standalone clock radio with a nice clear display. I heard someone mention that they could not read the letters on the screen when set up on a shelf. That is true. Screens have ideal viewing angles, and iHome decided that 99% of people would be looking at this straight on like when lying in bed, or looking from above it down and the screen is incredibly easy to read that way. If you get down on the floor, or put it on a high shelf it is extremely dim. The question is how many people buy a clock radio to put on a shelf real high? How do you reach the buttons when you want to use the snooze feature? How do you park your phone or iPad for recharging; stand on a chair? Anyhow this thing is superbly designed.

I also was concerned about the possibility of the 8 pin lightning connector being at a bad angle or something possibly wearing on the female connector in the iPad. They covered that base as well by making the male pin in the iHome allow for some flexibility in the angle of entry. It mounts real easily with a good click when installed.

Another cool feature is that it functions as a standalone clock radio, and also allows you to open "Music" in the iPad and if you play something it plays back through the radio speakers and clock radio volume setting. It goes farther than that in that it plays any and all sounds generated by the iPad. So I decided to put it to the test. I subscribe to Amazon Prime and love the free movies so I downloaded the Amazon Instant video app from the iTunes app store and now enjoy full screen high def movie on the iPad. I had the iPad mounted in the iDL95 and opened up the Amazon Instant Video app and wahlah, high def and great sound. Sometimes you don't want a full stereo TV experience but rather want to snuggle up to a smaller screen. So with the iDL95 you can enjoy a movie. The only problem is that the power input lightning socket is on the bottom of the iPad so you are not viewing in wide screen. I am sure a USB adapter could remedy that. (Update: There is a USB connector on the back of the iDL95 in order to be able to charge a second device or you could turn the iPad on it's side and use a lightning USB connector and be able to watch movies in full widescreen. Did I tell you that I love this thing? :-))

Finally I was happy to see that not only does the clock have a battery backup in order to keep the settings, but also that when you plug the Apple Air into it the settings from the iPad are transferred to the clock radio. In plain words no more having to go through the aggravation of resetting the clock every time there is a power outage.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is the one!, October 4, 2014
Order came in 2 days! Charges my ipad mini (without cover) and also iPhone 6+ (with Apple Original leather cover) without a hitch. Dont forget to download iHome Set App from App Store, makes setting up a breeze. I like how it can be dimmed out totally. It is a little on expensive side for a alarm clock charger but quality is good and you get what you pay for. I would recommend it. Use as a bed side alarm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't be happier, January 20, 2014
Worked exactly how I expected and literally came in 2 days. I ordered it late I needed it as a Christmas gift and it came the day I needed it. Made my entire holiday

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great, sounds great, works great., December 15, 2013
I had another model Ihome that I returned because it stopped working and the display was back-lit and hard to see the black numbers in different lighting. This Ihome along with all its features is fantastic. The display is easy to read anytime of day or night. The sound is fantastic.

This unit prompts you to download the Ihome app when you first dock your Iphone. The app makes setting your alarms and other functions, right on the Iphone, super simple. I like it so much I am going to buy another one for my wife.

1.0 out of 5 stars How hard do I have to work for this stupid thing?, December 21, 2014
I had an older version of this that worked beautifully for many years. I upgraded my phone and thought I should update my alarm clock. Big mistake. In less than a month, I've had two major issues that I've had to call customer service about. The first call took a couple efforts to fix the problem. Both times the issue was when trying to dock the phone. Once, it wouldn't recognize the phone at all. I had to unplug the unit, take out the backup battery (which involves the tiniest screw ever), wait for ten minutes and then reassemble everything.

The second time, it would recognize and then not recognize the phone endlessly. I tried the whole process of unplugging and battery removal again but it didn't work this time. Now I have to wait until they are available for my call so that I can be spoken to like a child trying to fix their faulty product.

I should have spent a fraction of the money I did on this on an adaptor instead.

Avoid this thing like the plague.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Nice features, good fit (with a case!). No issues, August 15, 2014
This worked very well for me. I see others have had problems, but this has been a great product. I got it to fit with my iPhone 5S and an Otterbox Commuter case. The trick? I trimmed off the cover flaps for the charging socket and the earphones on the bottom of the case (yes, it may partially defeat the purpose of that part of the case, but they don't seal well anyway often stick out, and won't protect anything if you drop them in a puddle, and they don't keep dust out). With this modification, the iPhone docks securely. When I plugged the phone in for the first time, the clock auto-set the date and time. I installed the "iHome Set" app and was able to set the alarm and other features right from my iPhone. While I had the phone docked, I received a phone call, and to my surprise, the clock acted like a speaker phone. Very happy with this. It does everything as advertised.