4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!
I've had this speaker for a week now. It is pretty amazing. It puts out a lot of sound for such a small speaker. The battery lasts a long time, too. I haven't had to charge it since I got it. I really like it!
Published on February 7, 2012 by C. Brown

3.0 out of 5 stars ihome ihm61
The product is OK and fills a room nicely. The battery life has been great.
This is the only product I have of this type and have nothing really to compare it to. But I am fairly satisfied with it.

I use it in my bathroom where I want sound but don't want to damage expensive electronics.

One big problem I find is that I thought that this...
Published on November 12, 2012 by Amanda Lugo

4.0 out of 5 stars Amazing!, February 7, 2012
This review is from: iHome iHM61 3.5mm Aux Color Changing Portable Mono Speaker (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome Product!, June 7, 2012
^^^ NJRG,

You want to complain about price, you get what you pay for. For $25 I am very happy with this product. Mine is plastic, no it doesn't have a quality feel, but the sound is awesome for such small device. I'm thinking about buying a splitter and adding another speaker. I am thoroughly happy and WILL be recommending this to family and friends.I am currently sitting at the Virgin Islands and can CLEARLY hear the bass and treble OVER the loud waves and people while sitting on the beach (:

ALL, don't let one negative person influence you to not buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars mini speaker!!!, November 15, 2011
Corazon Peralta "Azon" (South San Francisco, USA) - See all my reviews
for me, this is the perfect portable speaker in the planet. you can clearly differentiate the treble and the bass sound. you will never imagine that a speaker as small as this will produce a very loud sound!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars More than I expected., March 1, 2012
I was a little bit weary when i bought this but now that I have it I can not stop using it. The battery life on this speaker is quite amazing. I would say 24 hours+. Loving the sound quality. I even use this as a tv speaker in my room. Only bad thing i can say about this thing is that it is a little bouncy at the higher end volume on hard surfaces. A little piece of cloth underneath it is a quick fix. Will be buying more for gifts for friends.

5.0 out of 5 stars GET TWO for GREAT STEREO SOUND!!!, January 7, 2013
UPDATE: Since my original review below, iHome has released a stereo version of this model, the ihm62 with 2 connected light-changing stereo speakers. Do a search for ihm62 on amazon and you will see them. If you want this speaker in stereo, this would be the way to go.

--------------------------

I know, you're not SUPPOSED to be able to get stereo sound from these speakers but I figured out how to do it... and I'm not talking about "simulated stereo" either (mono sound coming out of each speaker) but true left/right channel separation. Try it, it's worth it but you'll need the right patch cord. Read on to see which ones to buy.

One of these speakers has amazing sound, but of course one speaker means monaural sound, NOT stereo. That's okay but I couldn't figure out why they didn't give people the option of buying 2 speakers with the right patch cords to separate the left and right channels, so I had to figure out how to do this on my own. Came up with a pretty inexpensive solution. I got the extra speaker and patch cord in the mail today and YES it works awesome! If you think one sounds good, get a second speaker with patch cords and see how amazing these speakers sound in stereo! I didn't notice any drop-off in volume from splitting the channels either. It's TWICE the sound in stereo!!!

Okay first of all, there are differences in splitter cables. A splitter that allows you to use two headphones won't work because it doesn't isolate the left channel from the right. You must buy the splitter that separates the channels into left and right and PRESTO! You now have a mini-speaker stereo system with colored lights! I set one on each side of my laptop and the sound is amazing, but I couldn't concentrate with the lights changing colors all the time, so I set both speakers to stay on blue color. My work environment just got 100x cooler!

This is what you plug into your phone or other source. It separates the sound into left and right channels:

Then all you have to do is plug each speaker into each female jack and you have great stereo sound!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Mini Speaker, August 30, 2012
I fell in love with my mini speaker the moment I opened it from the package. You definitely get what you payed for. The sound quality is wonderful. I am definitely more than pleased with this product. I love the fact that I can take it anywhere and easily and quickly hook it up to my playing device. I would recommend it to anyone who desires portability and loud clear crisp sound. The best 25 bucks I have ever spent!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat little speaker with better than you'd expect sound, August 28, 2012
I was pleasantly surprised with this little speaker's performance versus size factor. I keep it in my laptop bag so it's always with me when I travel. It features a single driver that is about the size of a yo-yo and fits nicely in a purse or travel toiletry bag, it is great for the traveler who wants an easy way to listen to their music while still traveling light. I use mine for background music from my Android phone (I like a little music when I'm sleeping to drown out background noise) and it also works well enough to use when gardening or sitting by the pool when you don't feel like dragging a bulky boom box around.

For those who might need examples of how it will meet your needs, I would say it sounds better than 99.9% of built in laptop speakers, and is about as loud as a basic clock radio, but with better sound quality. My only complaint is that it has only a single speaker (mono), which is my reason for 4 stars instead of 5. An output jack to connect a second for stereo sound would have been nice, but for simplicity sake it's not too big of a deal. You can just use a Y headphone adapter and run two in mono for better volume, but stereo would be a plus (hint, hint), should iHome happen to read this review:-).

The best feature is the built in rechargeable battery that charges off any USB port (most cell phone chargers with mini-USB should work too) and it even comes pre-charged and ready to run out of the package. The color changing glow is a cool gimmick for the kids but not of much interest to me. At night I just close it up to keep the lights off and extend battery life, although the life is very good either way. The unit is plastic but seems to be well designed and durable enough for us road warriors.

In closing, this is a nice carry around speaker to allow you to enjoy decent sound quality from your cell phone or Ipod wherever you want, and it's small enough to keep in a purse, laptop bag or baby diaper bag. Just don't plan to use it where there is too much background noise, as it is just too small to overcome noisy environments. If you use it with this in mind, I think you will be happy with it!

3.0 out of 5 stars ihome ihm61, November 12, 2012
Amanda Lugo (Falls Church, VA, US) - See all my reviews
The product is OK and fills a room nicely. The battery life has been great.

One big problem I find is that I thought that this speaker was going to amplify the sound coming from my iphone but the truth is that in order to fill the a room the volume on my iphone/ipod has to be fairly close to all the way up. Since this device has battery power, I thought that the volume from the device would be loud with my iphone at 50% volume but this is not the case.

The blue LED is way too bright.
The color change is controlled by one button, the default once the device is turned on is 1) Color change on 2) Color stays on last color 3) color off. I think this should be reversed.

Hope this helps others make an informed decision.

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing sound quality. Great bass., June 20, 2012
Amazing. This little speaker literally has sound beyond size. And the bass response is incredible. I ran a little test and this can produce tones below 40hz. The lights are cool except mine has no yellow like the picture does. Instead it has orange...but that's OK. The only badish thing I can say is that when you turn it all the way up, it distorts a little. But if I turn it down one notch, it stops I HIGHLY recommend this. Way better than x-mini.

5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive, June 8, 2012
Bought this for the job site. I do indoor cabinet making and hate lugging around a radio as well as all of my equipment. Great sound for its size and battery lasts for the whole day (with the led lights turned off). I load up my iPhone with slacker radio cached and listen to tunes all day no commercials. Great little unit.