Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it CaseLangVeirs Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 3.5mm AUX FM Transmitter|Color: Black|Change

My van has a problem. The super-fancy top-of-the-line deluxe stereo system has only a CD changer and a tape deck. No Aux input. Worse, the tape deck doesn't play nice with tape adapters. On top of all that, the stereo is damaged and doesn't have any lights or LED information displayed. It was time for me to consider a new stereo... Especially since I wanted to play music from my dash-mounted smart phone.

While I was browsing the replacement receivers, though, I found the iKross. Now, I've had many FM transmitters for various devices throughout the years. I've had high-end ones from Belkin, and I've had low-end Chinese knock-offs. My most recent unit was a Chinese copy of a popular model, and it was a lackluster performer. I couldn't rely on it, and so I was a little worried about going for a name I didn't recognize when I saw the iKross on here.

But when I read the reviews, I became more and more impressed. Almost everyone said it worked great, didn't hiss, and connected easily. Could it be? I decided to gamble on the iKross instead of getting a new stereo (which would involve tearing apart my dashboard, wiring, buying a harness, buying other pieces, etc.) and see if it worked for my needs.

I have to say I am very pleased, and echo the sentiments of the other positive reviewers. Bluetooth connected easily and always connects when I turn it on. The FM transmitter is strong enough to overpower faint stations on my radio dial, and once it's set it retains the tuning information. The gooseneck connection makes it possible to get the device in whatever position I desire, and the Next/Previous buttons make it possible to switch music tracks on my iPhone without having to mess with a touch screen.

For phone calls it also works very well. People talking to me report that I'm loud enough, though I could be a little louder. I can hear callers clearly. I also like that answering is easy enough by just pressing the multifunction button on the end of the device; This puts the music on pause and lets me have a conversation. When the phone hangs up, the music continues.

All in all, this is perhaps one of the best FM transmitters I've ever owned. There's a lot of bang for the buck here. It is reliant on your device supporting Bluetooth (no USB input) but it works great. It makes going hands-free with the phone a lot easier, and it makes my music sound great.

Five stars!
11 comment|109 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 27, 2014
I have been using this for the past 2 months and it has worked great.
Depending on where I travel I have to switch the frequency of the radio station otherwise there's static, but that's typical with FM transmitters.
It is easy to use and adjust and taking calls on the iKross works fine. Haven't had any issues with most of my calls except for one.
The person I was speaking to was on their Bluetooth car speaker and he had a hard time hearing me. We determined it was actually on his end and not mine after some troubleshooting though.
This is an excellent FM Radio transmitter with Bluetooth capability and I would not hesitate to buy another one if needed. I've already recommended this item to friends that are looking.
I was able to procure mine for $39.99 which is a good deal. If you can get it cheaper than even better.
One thing that was mentioned in a previous review is that the iKross will need to be turned off manually since it has an internal battery in case you want to use it outside the car for any reason.
on May 28, 2014
I only bought this because I had amazon gift card money, but if I could go back to when I bought my car, this would have beaten gas as my first relevant purchase.

I'm a big music fan, and while CDs are great, I prefer the on demand abilities of Spotify. Because my car doesn't have an AUX port I considered completely changing my stereo system; I've owned an FM transmitter before: it required my phone to be plugged in, was legitimately terrible at playing through traditional radio stations, and was just generally bulky and ugly.

The iKross was the answer I never knew existed. I can bluetooth to iKross leaving my phone free to be checked/answered, the iKross FM transmitter is MORE POWERFUL than traditional radio so I never have to adjust the channel (seriously, I've never changed the default), AND I can plug in a USB to charge devices.

In the words of Terry Pratchett, the iKross, is the rich man's boots.
on March 3, 2014
This is one of the best FM transmitter out on the market, I really enjoy the Bluetooth capability of this transmitter and highly recommend it to anyone interested.
on December 16, 2013
Bought one of these little transmitters in the past (different brand and many years ago, so technology has likely progressed) and the prior one worked okay, but was not truly high fidelity -- played the music but sounded "tinny".

Have no fears about this product. It starts out in the first 10 minutes with a weak performance, but finally settles in on the chosen frequency and delivers faithful true stereo high fidelity over your auto system from, in my case, my cell phone. Nice not to have to change batteries for the device, either. I have 2,000 recordings organized into personal playlists on my cell phone, that I play depending on mood and time available to listen. I'd rather listen to "my own music" thank you, rather than the radio stations' versions.

Buy with confidence -- this is a RECOMMEND with 5- Stars.
on April 12, 2014
Have been using for a month, easy to use, no static. Only drawback is in my car, when I put in the cigarette lighter, it sticks out quite a bit and I lose a cup holder, and it looks a little awkward.
on April 1, 2014
Best one yet. I am a amazon junkie I have ordered more than a little. Works beautifully. Enough for me to take the time an say buy it. Great reception
on May 6, 2014
My iPod nano, 7th gen, won't work with the iCable the stereo has. Sucks. This got me around that and wirelessly.

Five stars!
on June 10, 2014
I'm using it in my car perfectly. It's a bit fumbling because its body is raw hard, so you can hit your hand our leg to unplug it from the charger. But, talking about the functionality, is perfect!!!!!!
on April 1, 2014
A great solution to my music needs! It arrived fast & in good condition-- I ripped it out & started listening right away! My only beef is it gets a little staticy at times, but I think that's more a reception function than a product defect.