Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Smartphone Car Mount Holder, iKross 4-in-1 Universal Windshield / Dashboard / Sun Visor / Air Vent Car Mount Cradle Holder Kit - Black
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Thank you Scientist Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on May 13, 2015
I used to have a car that had a built in entertainment system. In October I purchased a new car that has roaming wifi because it's the "new technology" and had a hard time finding my model of car with the built in system. So, I also had to purchase an iPad and this tablet holder for my two small children. I love the idea of this product. It does work well...for almost 2 months.
I ordered 1 in October and the part where the end piece swivels cracked and broke by mid march leaving it unable to hold the device in the middle of the seats. Since the return period had passed I purchased a second one hoping the first was just weak or faulty. Nope. The second one is now cracked and about to break off again after just two months. I included a photo of where the product broke both times.
I feel frustrated and wish I could get my money back- for each product.
review image
1212 comments| 134 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 8, 2014
I read the reviews prior to buying this product. I know there was a concern about the vent clips being stuck, the truth is the two clips that come with the vent holder have a spring, in order to remove from the heating vent, you have to use the springs to unlatch the clips.

I personally have had no issues with this product. The directions are on the package and for me personally I prefer the window attachment. I had to clean my suction cups a few times, but that is do to the fact my windshield was dirty at the time. The only piece of the 4 in 1 I do not use is the sun visor. This is a great product and I would recommend people buying it. The price was reasonable and the product does work. Just make sure you clean your windshield and dashboard before applying the suctions cup.

The reason I love this product is based on the fact I live in NJ and with all the road damage from this past winter, this product did not falter when I hit pot hole after pot hole on the roads. My phone stayed on the windshield and the suction cup held no matter what. I can't use the air vent because my heating vents have a piece in the middle to shut or open the vents. This prevents the holder from being balanced and stable. If my vents were wider and had the knob in a different place, I most likely would have used the vent over the windshield. Anyone interested in this product, I would go for it. I bought two and both trucks have them in. This is a great product because in the state of NJ they are cracking down on people holding their cell phone and the ticket price is going up to $200.00 from what I heard. So if you do not want a ticket, this product is NUMBER 1 in my book. It is really worth it!
In the market place where there are so many car mounts that are very similar to each other 4-in-1 iKross car mount really stands out. In addition to the windshield and dash mount iKross 4-in-1 also includes a mount that attaches to the car's vent and the car's visor.

The phone holder is universal.

1. The jaws can open from 1.6" up to 3.5" if measured on the inside of the jaws. This is the dimension where the official description says 3.35", if the totally stretched I got 3.5"
2. Measuring on the outside the jaws open to 4.1".
3. The jaw arms extend 1.125"
4. The longer side of the plate is 4.25" (this side has no jaws)

My Nexus phone has an extended battery which makes it much fatter than a typical smart phone. However this holder holds my big girl very securely.

★ The windshield mount held securely and the 4" arm brings the phone to a nice distance to the driver. 360 degree swivel ball joint allows full freedom of positioning.
★ The dash mount works with a disk that needs to be permanently adhered to the dash. The gel pad can be washed for longer life.
★ The mount that I was most interested was the vent mount. We use windshield mounted Nexus 7 for navigation, however occasionally we also need to refer to information on the phone and I typically have to hold it in my hands. A vent mount allows us to have both devices mounted in way that is convenient for the driver to see. The vent mount hold very well, but it took a bit of experimenting to wind a quick and easy way to mount it on the vent. I fount that the easiest way to mount it was to dissemble it and to mount the arms into the vent first (see video), then add the plate, and then attach the phone mount. The mount works on horizontal air louvre vents.
★ The visor clip put the phone an an awkward position for using during driving. I had to take my eyes off the road quite a bit and it did not feel like a good option to navigation. However, it was a pretty nice option if you wanted to use your phone as a music player that you did not have to look at.

Overall, I thought it was a nice package that gave us some unique options.

Ali Julia review
[sample provided for review]
1010 comments| 78 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 3, 2015
I think I`ve used this no more than a dozen times and now the cardan shaft is broken. Bad material
on May 6, 2015
Very poor materials, mine broke on first use after contact with my daughter backpack (school one).

it's a very nice concept however plastic materials MUST be improved so my clear recommendation is to STAY Away from this product.

Didn't last for 1 week, Using this for my Samsung tab and at the first day and get contact with my daughter backpack (school one) and it broke holding the headrest.

I will truly recommend you to stay away from this product, Concept it's good, materials are the worst ones.
on August 4, 2014
I got this to replace my older Windshield mount. It came as promised and so far has had no issues holding onto my S5 even with the inside my car hitting 140 for several days. Mounting this to my air vent also eliminated issues with the battery overheating as I was using it to navigate and charge at the same time.
on July 14, 2014
I purchased the IKross extension as a test item. It is an extremely versatile product. The headrest clamps slide on the mounting shaft smoothly and adjust to variable widths. I first attached to bracket to the underside of a top bunkbed so my daughter on the bottom bunk could lay and watch videos. The cross pieces are 1/2 inch aluminum tubing. I then used the mount in my car attached to the passenger headrest and extended to the center for all back seat passengers to view. There was very little shaking or vibration. The mount also fits on a light stroller and can be adjusted for viewing.

The next use will be for a new loft bed and I will attach the mount to a 1/2 post to provide a place to keep the table out of the bed and from being knocked to the floor.

I would recommend this mount to multiple people for various uses.
on April 3, 2014
We just used this the past two weekends with our Kindle HD 8.9 for a 15/16 hour one way car trip...so with the round trip it was 30+ hours total in the car. I don't think we would've survived without it! It attached very easily to the headrests in our 2012 Toyota Camry. I put it on the passenger headrest. We took the case off of the Kindle and the iKross adjusted perfectly. It seems very universal so I'd imagine it would fit a wide range of other devices. It is very simple to take on and off the arm without even having to take it off the actually gripping part. so I could unclip it to change movies and not worry about needing to readjust the grip around the Kindle. There is also a part that is similar to a ball and socket (? unsure if this would be the correct term?) that allows you to adjust the way the device is rotated and then tighten it so it stays in place. The motion seems minimal but I didn't mess with that option much so I can't say for sure. I had two kids-one in car seats by each door-and had the arm extended out in front of the middle seat so they could both view it. They were both able to comfortable see the screen. When we were out of the car, I could easily unclip the gripper, take the kindle off to stash away somewhere and fold the gripper up to keep in the console. I just pushed the arm extender back in and it was out of the way! In fact, it is STILL on the headrest and poses no problems at all. It goes back in so far that I actually forgot it was on! This was totally worth the money and I'd definitely recommend it!
on February 3, 2015
Easy assembly. Survived a 5 hour road trip with no problem with it falling off. My 7 and 5 year old could access the ipad themselves. Easily detachable from the arm to take inside the house. I also connected some nakamichi bluetooth headphones on sale from sears for a quieter experience. If the device is on the drivers side, the speakers are on the back of the Ipad and will blare in your ear. Other devices speakers might be in different spots.
One slight problem, since it was connected to the drivers seat as shown in pictures ( easily solved by connecting to passenger seat and flipping around), I had to push my seat up a little so the screen wouldn't be too close. I'm only 5 foot 7 inches so might cause a problem for taller people. With my seat back to my original spot, screen was a little too close for the kids. Also, the locking mechanism is kinda squished into the back of the seat rest if you don't have a clear path like in the demo photos( we have a 2010 buick enclave so the seat is thicker and taller by the headrest, therefore the arm is actually pushed into the back of the seat), so makes the arm a little bent forward towards the kids,instead of parallel to the locking arms that go on the headrest arms. This didn't affect the the stability, but I do wonder about long term torque forces, that could cause problems later. For the price, it met our purposes over a more expensive entertainment system without looking too ghetto. I'll keep you posted
on March 1, 2015
I received a damaged iKross, and return
iKross!
review image review image review image review image review image