Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS

on September 25, 2013
We changed out a 12V light fixture that used two 13 watt 1156 automotive bulbs positioned over the dining table in our RV. The new ceiling fixture with an Edison base socket was purchased from Lowe's and easily installed where the old fixture was located. The 12 volt Edison bulb screwed right in to the socket. Yes, we used a light fixture designed for 120 volt household bulbs but in the RV it is wired to 12 volts DC. The LED lamp is extremely bright - almost too bright. Easily equal to the 100 watt equivalent advertised. The color is bright white - no yellow tones. We can now see well enough to thread a needle. Current draw is less than the two old 1156 bulbs so existing wiring is OK. Less drain on our battery bank. We are Happy Campers!
on June 20, 2013
LEDs are the way to go..I like the white color of light. I have 5 of these bulbs now and they're all working fine. I'm using more and more battery gadgets as I can depend on my home setup more than I can the power company.
on December 3, 2015
Very bright. I used this for an outdoor driveway light with a 12V DC power supply (not 12V AC like landscape lights use), it works awesome. I used this because I didn't want to trench my yard to the proper depth for a 120VAC typical bulb, and this allowed me per our local code to run it at "low voltage depth" of less than 6" using landscape wire.
on December 18, 2013
I use this in a battery powered, bathtub overhead light location for shaving. I like that it's low voltage, and it's every bit as bright as an incandescent 100 watt bulb (I used to use a 12v one of those too). But the power draw is low, and it puts no real strain on my 7AH battery. Would be great for a camping or tent trailer also.
on June 19, 2015
This review is based on initial use observations of the 60X 5050 15 Watt 12Vdc bulb, as I just recently received this 15 watt bulb. Using this bulb in a standard 110V E26/E27 lamp fixture with a light creme lamp shade over the bulb I would roughly say this bulb puts out light closer to an 80 watt 'bright white' incandescent (filament) style bulb. I can say this bulb is also comparable to a 20 watt CFL 110 volt bulb for comparison. It has nowhere near the heat of a CFL bulb so if it lasts longer than the CFL type it's a clear winner.

I also tested both the 42X5050 Warm White and 42X 5050 9 Watt 12Vdc versions and while just a bit smaller in size they performed almost as well as the 15 watt. I could see the difference but not by much! Except for the Warm White which mimicked the yellowish Hue of an incandescent better than an incandescent bulb itself.

The lamp I used had the ring that slips over the bulb socket and I had NO Problem with either the 42X or 60X bulbs fitting inside the rather small shade that came on the lamp.
on July 7, 2015
NIce light. Just put it into an old lamp, splice the wire and connected it to a 12 volt battery. Works as expected. Probably will pick up a few more. In case anyone wonders, I put this on a voltmeter and it draws .72 amps of current @ 12 volts.

UPDATE: Operationally no change. BUT - this light emits so much RF that it makes my ham radios spike on the S meter (signal strength meter). Not good for around radios.
on January 18, 2016
According to the 12Vmonster website this version of their light bulb (50x5050) produces 800 lumens which makes it a 60w Incandescent equivalent. Below are the light output for standard Incandescent Bulbs.

Incandescent Bulbs (Watts) (Minimum Lumens)
40w 450 Lumens
60w 800 Lumens
75w 1,100 Lumens
100w 1,600 Lumens
150w 2,600 Lumens
on June 28, 2013
I'm using four of these in a large, 240 square foot shed. Despite the tall ceilings (about 12 feet high), these easily produce enough light.

I purchased the 3000k warm light bulbs in Edison E26 fittings (standard house hold lights). I choose the warm light bulbs because some of reviews of the similar 9W bulbs (iLLumi Projections E26 Screw Base DC 12V-20V 9W Motor Home Marine Low Voltage LED Light Bulb DC battery Solar fishing lamp FREE SHIPPING 42x 5050 cluster) indicated that the light was too harsh in 6000k. I'm glad I got the warm light bulbs, I wouldn't have wanted them any more bluish. Make sure to add a seller note after you place your order unless you want the cool light bulbs. You can also order other colors (blue, red, etc) if you order 12 or more.

The seller is very responsive; they responded to my question within a couple of hours. Shipping was surprisingly quick given that these had free shipping and were being shipping from Asia.

BTW: these are 12 volt bulbs. This is obvious by the seller's description but some of the reviews of the other bulbs have complaints from people who tried to use them on household 110 volt sockets because they didn't read the details close enough.
on February 17, 2016
This bulb is a little larger than a standard light bulb. And as shown in the photo, it is unprotected. It is pretty bright and very white. I would say somewhere around a 75 Watt equivalent. Not quite the 100 W as advertised. Had it on for 5 minutes and it produced very little heat.
on February 6, 2014
I bought these bulbs for night fishing from my boat, and while I haven't used them for their intended purpose yet, I have installed them
in the fixtures and burned them for a time. The size of them is equivalent to a regular size incandescent bulb, and they are quite bright. Should serve their purpose well. Will know more after a season of fishing.