5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!
I saw in a previous review that the 3rd generation IPOD wouldn't play on their system. Just got the 3rd generation and it plays fine. My daughter got this as a Christmas gift and loves it. I looked everywhere for a system that served as an IPOD dock and had a CD player in the $50 range. Very hard to find. This system fit the bill and she couldn't be happier with it.
Published on January 2, 2010 by L. Bremner

3.0 out of 5 stars Product information
Published on August 20, 2010 by Carole Berkoff

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price!, January 2, 2010
L. Bremner (Asheville, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iLive 30-Pin iPod Speaker Dock with CD Player (Electronics)

5.0 out of 5 stars Great buy!, January 18, 2010
This is a great radio for the price. I wanted an am/fm radio and a clock in addition to the Ipod dock...the cd player was a bonus! Love the remote too. I was pleased to discover that the speakers are not attached to the unit so they can be placed anywhere you want.

4.0 out of 5 stars great for price, January 27, 2010
I bought this iLive stereo 1. to replace my monster 3 cd duel cassette stereo that took up the whole top of my dresser, 2. because I received an iPod for Christmas and wanted to be able to listen to it on a stereo. I am enjoying this little stereo. It's got pretty good sound for the size. It's fairly easy to set up & use. I plugged in my iPod and had figured out how to surf, play, etc without instructions (and this is my 1st ipod and ipod stereo). The display screen could be better, and the remote buttons aren't very touchy or it has poor remote signal (meaning, sometimes I have to press the buttons more than once before the stereo responds). The CD player works fine too, though I'm not using it as much, but I did pop in a CD to play and check. All in all, for the price, this is a pretty nice little stereo.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little radio, September 17, 2009
When I decided to purchase a radio, I was looking for one that was small and light-weight so if my kitten knocked it down she wouldn't get crushed. My last radio worked great but was too heavy. The only time I listen to the radio is to sleep, so a sleep timer was the main feature I needed. When I found this radio I was unsure whether it had that feature or not, so I called iLive and they assured me it did (Liars!). When I received the radio I thought it was awesome. The sliding door was so cute, the speakers sounded great, and it was small just like I wanted. It is also wall mountable, which there had been debate on according to the other reviews I read. Bedtime comes and I find out that the timer is actually an alarm to turn the radio on, NOT a sleep timer to turn the radio off. I ended up returning the radio because it could not serve the specific purpose that I ordered it for. But for those that are just looking for a great little radio and not one with a sleep timer, then I highly recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, February 25, 2010
Rented a condo in Key West that did not have a music system so I donated this one. It was a wonderful surprise when we set it up (had it shipped to a freind down there). The ipod dock worked great. Only problem is that an iphone is just a bit problematic to get in and out of the dock. My nano was a breeze. Very good sound quality and volume. Very sleek, very appealing to the eye. Did not feel or look like a piece of junk.

3.0 out of 5 stars Product information, August 20, 2010
Carole Berkoff (Lynnwood, WA USA) - See all my reviews
The information provided by Amazon & the ilive co did not accurately describe the size & configuration of the product. I am keeping it for a Holiday present otherwise I would return it. From the picture it looks like it is one intregal unit about 12" but in reality the main unit is 12" plus 2 detached speakers. That would have been to know before purchase. My 3rd generation Nano did play fine & I had to turn up the volume & down when I switched to the radio.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, April 14, 2010
Was looking for a cd combo ipod player/charger for my daughter's room. The sound quality is great and she loves that the speakers are unattached and it comes with a remote...it's like a mini stereo. The first one we ordered had a defect--the door didn't lift all the way up to change cd & ipod, but the replacement one is working great. I would recommend this to anyone of any age..it's easy to use and the low price makes it a great value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great system for the price, October 20, 2009
A great system with clear sound and remarkable good price. Also has a very sleek and innovative look and design.

1.0 out of 5 stars Gave it 2 tries, November 24, 2010
I loved the price on this system and the fact that it had a CD player, radio and iPod dock. Because of the idea of this system, I returned my first one when the power button and remote decided it no longer wanted to turn the system on, and the only way to make it work was by unplugging it and plugging it back in (thus losing all my radio presets!).

Amazon makes returning defective items easy, which was fortunate for me because I had to do it twice!!!! The second system, which arrived before I sent the first one back, had the exact same problem!!!!!!!!!

It's a great concept, exceedingly poor execution.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works with ipod Touch 3G, March 9, 2010
Terra McParland (Springfield, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I purchased this elsewhere but I just wanted to confirm that it works with my ipod Touch 3G. Someone else commented that it didn't work. I bought this for my work cubicle. It is probably too big for an office but I wanted ipod charging, ipod playing and radio. The CD was an extra bonus for when I don't have my ipod. The sound is great. The only issue I have is that I have a leather wrap around sleeve for the ipod which I have to remove to insert the ipod. I love the remote control so I can pause it when someone comes into my cube. I would recommend the system at this price.