5.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Alternative

3.0 out of 5 stars ilive IT202B 2.1 SOUNDBAR
Published on January 10, 2013 by riggo70chip

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A Solid Alternative, January 27, 2013
This review is from: iLive IT202B 2.1 Channel Stereo Sound Bar with FM Radio(Black) (Electronics)
I started out with 5-speaker and sub-woofer system--after I installed in a basement den--wires through ceiling, wires climbing up walls, etc., I didn't like its performance--just too much oomph for the space--returned item and went for this sound bar. Had confidence in product already because have had another sound bar (same brand) for several years on main TV--both work great.
Easy hook-up, good performance, and a great alternative to stringing speaker wires all over or spending mucho money for wireless systems. If you just want reasonable sound for movies (forget the speakers on ALL HD TVs!) and CDs, this is the way to go for the money. If you're an audio/videophile with a theater room like Tony Soprano's, you won't be satisfied anyway until you spend upwards of 3 or 4 K.

4.0 out of 5 stars You get what you pay for..., November 17, 2013
You get what you pay for...

If you have a newer TV you will need to buy a digital optical cable for this unit to work. Check your TV.
If you plug in the power adapter, press the power button and don't see any LED lights on the front, your AC power adapter is likely broken, like mine was. Attempt to find one around your house to ensure this is the case.
After completing these steps follow the instructions in the booklet for TV settings and your unit should work.

As for the quality, you get what you pay for. Compared to the TV speakers, this soundbar is definitely worth the price. You're not going to get a lot of bass out this, but there is an "SW Out" (subwoofer out) port, should you want more bass.

For best sound while watching shows or movies try these settings: TURN DOWN TV volume to 0; Soundbar - bass and treble all the way up, then adjust soundbar volume to your liking, use movie sound setting on the remote.

I've only had this for a day, after going through a headache to get it to work, but if you follow the steps above it will save you a headache. I will try to update this post after I've had more time using the soundbar.

3.0 out of 5 stars ilive IT202B 2.1 SOUNDBAR, January 10, 2013
LISTEN THIS PRODUCT IS GETTING SOMEWHAT OF A BAD WRAP. I PURCHASED THIS SOUNDBAR TO GO WITH A NEW COBY HDTV. THE AUDIO OF THE COBY TV WAS TERRIBLE AND THIS SOUNDBAR WAS THE ANSWER. IF YOU ARE OF AVERAGE TO LITTLE KNOWLEDGE (AS I AM ) OF ELECTRONICS AND THIS IS YOUR FIRST PURCHASE OF A SOUNDBAR, YOU WILL BE SATISFIED. AT A SMALL COST THIS PRODUCT SAVED ME FROM HAVING TO RETURN THE COBY HDTV THAT I HAD PURCHASED, THE SOUND WAS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE TINNY, TOTALY BASSLESS SOUND I WOULD OF BEEN LEFT WITH! ALSO THE BASS IS PLENTY POWERFULL FOR A ROOM THAT MAY NOT BE SO LARGE!

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Value, May 7, 2014
This a a very good soundbar for the price. My new tv has tiny speakers on the back resulting in very poor sound. The only audio output on the tv is a digital optical one. The ilive soundbar has this input. The soundbar has good sound quality, not music system quality but much better than on any tv. The bar can be easily programmed to respond to the volume control and on/off control on your tv or set top box remote. The bar must be in line of site to respond to the control. I put mine on top of the cabinet that holds the tv and it works great.

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent balanced sound from analog or optical input, February 23, 2014
Not wall-shaking bass, surround sound, or great stereo imaging. A huge upgrade for almost any TV up to 42". Excellent value. Easily programmable to work with your cable or TV remote. I wish there was a display to show bass & treble settings, but that's a reasonable cost tradeoff.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy Operation and Good Sound, January 1, 2014
I use the sound bar on my patio 47" oCosmo TV and we are very happy with the sound. The built in radio is nice for lazy afternoons.

4.0 out of 5 stars good basic speaker, September 22, 2013
Sounds were clear not muffled like the speakers from the TV. The remote was quite useful inraio mode except radio do not have presets and no ideoa what station you ate tuned to until it is announced. But that is not the reason I bought this unit.

With a little tweak in the TV setting I was able to control the volume from the TV remote. The remote from the unit can be safety put away.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great sound, May 6, 2013
This really helps my TV that has very little sound-great piece of equipment. Its easy to connect and you will like the sound-nice job

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little speaker bar, June 19, 2014
I cant remember exactly what I paid for this little speaker bar, but my wife and I love it. We have it over the head board in our bedroom opposite the television and it sounds like to we are lying down in a movie theater. Good mids, ok bass, I could not ask for much more for a below $100 speaker bar.

4.0 out of 5 stars Get it - you won't be disappointed, January 17, 2014
I've used the sound bar for a little while now, and so far so good. The bass response is not great but is definitely better than the TV speakers; using a powered sub with it, and the setup is more than adequate for my 180 sf bedroom. This is my 3rd. ILive soundbar and I think they're well-made and worth the small investment to enhance your TV.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›