5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this! I would have paid $20-30!
Published on July 7, 2010 by JColez

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it is, but could have been more
Pros

... Sturdy case with convenient flap to hold mp3 device.
... Large enough not to get misplaced easily, maybe a bit too large.
... Quality sound but not loud enough (see cons).
... Battery life reasonably good, use of AA batteries a plus versus non-replaceable rechargeable battery.

Cons

... Case is a bit on the large...
Published on April 5, 2011 by jjniss

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy this! I would have paid $20-30!, July 7, 2010
I bought this after looking at much more expensive options. I wanted something to take to the pool, or beach for background/secondary music listening.. And.. this product will not disappoint for such use. It has much better than expected sound, and lots of features. For starters, my Sony MP3 and headphones fit nicely inside this speaker (zips up, and has a pocket inside to hold your MP3). So, as many have said, it carries and it protects your devise (has a clip for your bag, belt or whatever). Also, at this price, you can afford to toss it around a bit and not worry over it. I have had several friends, who have expensive speakers, and said they like mine. The batteries have lasted a really long time (I assume that they use little power, since your MP3 has it's own power source). So, you won't go through many batteries. I've used mine for several hours (6-12), and still have a bright red battery life indicator light. This speaker does a superb job for background music, and the sound is great for this type of use. I turn my MP3 up about 2/3 of full volume and I can hear music nicely from about 5-15 feet. You should note that this will not compare to a boom-box style radio's sound, and this will not produce big enough sound for folks to dance to, as that's not it's purpose. However, it does produce very nice sound with good bass for close to mid-range patio, or pool listening. It's also fairly loud for it's size (I would estimate about 2/3 as loud your clock radio turned up full-blast, but with a bit better bass response, and a bit better sound quality. You could also store small jewelry and cash etc inside with your MP3/Phone.

On the downside... who could complain for $10. But, if I have to, a larger phone or MP3 might not fit inside this speaker (for carry). So, you might use this with the slimmer version IPODS etc. I still think it's worth it no matter what. It would be nice if there were an external volume switch, and a water-proof design on this. I've taken mine to the pool, and it's been splashed and still works fine. I doubt it would take a large splash though, but think it would protect your devise from damage. Still, for just $10, what do you expect? Hopefully, they will produce even better versions of this speaker, as I would like a larger one with the above
add-ons.

For the price, this speaker will perform with others which are 2-3 times more expensive. And, this unit is more portable with no need to plug it in. You will not be dissapointed at this purchase! I would have paid $20-30 for this speaker and feel it's nearly perfect for it's intended use (not to mention it's price)!
Enjoy -

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for what it is, but could have been more, April 5, 2011
Pros

... Sturdy case with convenient flap to hold mp3 device.
... Large enough not to get misplaced easily, maybe a bit too large.
... Quality sound but not loud enough (see cons).

Cons

... Case is a bit on the large side, photos make it seem smaller than it is. This is a plus or minus depending on your use.
... Should be much louder, difficult to hear in automobile at highway speeds. I have another (smaller) portable speaker that is much louder, with no loss in quality. It's not as sturdy though so consider the tradeoff.
... While battery life is good there is no "sleep" mode if you leave the speakers on, even when not attached to a device. So you'll get 10 - 12 hours of usage from 2 cheap AA's but that can be used up in a day if you forget to switch off the speakers when not in use.

Best use scenarios -- When you want to use your mp3 player without headphones while still mobile, eg. bicycle riding, hiking, etc. Also useful for portable CD players (remember those?) and laptops with lousy speakers. And by the pool if it's not too noisy; the sturdy protective case will protect your iPod.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Amplified Speaker !!!, December 26, 2010
This speaker is great for the price and size!

The first thing I'd like to talk about is the product quality and design. This product is actually a carrying case with two speakers on the outside and is larger than I expected from the photo (4 in. X 7 in.). The case is somewhat hard and will protect your source device from falls. It takes two AA batteries that you install by unzipping the case and removing the battery cover on the side of the case where the speakers are located. Inside the case there is enough room to fit a generation 2 full sized iPod. There is an additional pocket on the inside part of the aft case to secure the source device. To connect the speakers to the device there is a stereo plug similar to ones used in for iPod headphones. The speakers themselves are protected by a plastic bar that crosses over the top of them (which will allow little fingers to push on them so if you have kids you will not want them playing with this case). You can attach the speaker case to anything you'd like with the sturdy clasp. My wife has her's hanging off of her jogging stroller when she takes the babies while jogging.

The sound of these speakers exceeded my expectations for such a low price. Now they are not high fidelity speakers but they will sound the same as any desktop computer speaker system that does not have a sub-woofer. These speakers blow away any laptop speakers that I have heard so far (much clearer and louder). With the volume set on these speakers as high as they will go without distorting it will actually leave your ears ringing if held up next to your ears (assuming you don't attend rock concerts daily). The battery life for this product is pretty good as well. My wife has had it about a month with listening to it for about 20-hours and we still haven't had to replace the batteries.

Overall this is a great product if your looking for something more than the laptop speakers or pre-installed speakers built into jogging strollers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, light, and pretty decent considering the small price, February 28, 2010
This item is very light and sounds fairly decent as long as the volume isn't all the way up. When it is up too high it gets a bit distorted as you might guess with a unit so inexpensive. But really not bad at all for the money and projects the sound a good distance away even when not at full volume. Not a lot of bass response but what do you expect for this price. One thing that is a little annoying is that you really can't get to the controls of the Ipod when it is fit into the little half net where it's supposed to sit inside the unit. If you plan on changing the songs constantly, then this might annoy you. But set it to play with a playlist and it's all cool. Overall a great little product for the small price. I found it at Best Buy for only $9.99 though.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, July 12, 2010
This review is from: iLuv SmashBox (iSP110) Portable Amplified Stereo Speaker Case (Electronics)
The name "iLuv" defintely lived up to its name, because "I love" these little speakers. It's small enough to fit into my pants pocket and the volume for something as small as these things are were beyond amazing. Even my friends and co-workers were amazed at the volume of these speakers. It is pretty durable and for no more than what you pay for the speakers, you really can't go wrong. I plan on buying two more soon, one as a back-up and the another for my mother.

If there is one knock, I would have to say that the speakers do use AA batteries. Though, I will also admit that the knock is not really a get deal, since I do use rechargable batteries.

I would definitely recommend this to all my friends who are looking for something small and easy to manage during travel or at a work place.

1.0 out of 5 stars Good sound but doesn't last long, June 16, 2012
I got this speaker to use with my iPod when out of the house. I was pleasantly surprised by the sound from this speaker, the design was also great for my iPod. Unfortunately I only used it a few times for the first few weeks, went out of town and came back to a speaker that no longer worked. I was past Amazon's return period so I contacted the manufacturer, and they quickly sent me a replacement. The replacement came but also worked just for a few weeks before it quit working too. For the price I guess that's to be expected, but I had higher hopes for it because of all the great reviews on here.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product!, August 1, 2011
Since the Ipod doesn't come with built in speakers I had to buy a speaker system for it. It was too big to bring in the car with me so I just listened to in with my earphones. Then I wanted others to listen to the music but was a pain to always give up my earphones when I wanted to listen too. Then I found this holder with speakers in it! It's a carrier with speakers! It has a clip so you can put it on your belt loop but is a little heavy. There's room inside for extra AA batteries and my earphones in case I want to use them. The only down side is that you have to take it out of the pocket every time you want to change songs or turn up the volume. You can't do it through the mesh. Other than that, it's great!

3.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Good Sound, inconvient case, March 31, 2012
Having owned several portable speakers, the sound from this one comes out the best.

It's also well insulated, so cell phone signals don't interfere with it (like they do with most others).

It only needs two AAA batteries and you can put your player inside the speaker case as well.

The downside is that the switch to turn on the speaker is on the inside, so you have to open it every time.

Second major inconvenience is the zipper, you have to unzip the ENTIRE case in order to open it to change something on your player and you can not have the player outside of the case (so no watching videos or changing settings while you are on the go).

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the beach!, March 27, 2010
This item works great. I use it with my cell phone when I go to the beach. Not only is it loud and clear but it protects my phone as well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning sound from an inexpensive product, March 13, 2010
Buy it because it has phenomenal sound for the money and you will not find anything that can touch this in my opinion that is this good for the money and built extremely solid at the same time. Sound it clear and not too "tinny" and has very good volume level for listening to you MP3 files.

iLuv SmashBox (iSP110) Portable Amplified Stereo Speaker Case
$14.99 $6.49
In stock. Usually ships within 2 to 3 days.
Rate and Discover Movies