Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Valentine's Day Cards Knock snow out cold Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

on December 7, 2013
This works with Playstation 4.

You can convert your normal dual 3.5mm jack Gaming headset with this adapter.

Just plug your 3.5mm headphone jack into the Headphone socket, and the 3.5mm Microphone jack from your headset into the Mic socket and connect it via your PS4 USB, change the audio setting on your PS4 and you will have a working Mic and Sound
11 comment30 of 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 1, 2012
I have a Macbook pro, but I have an older Sennheiser gaming headset. The headset has stereo connections for mic and audio, but the MacBook only has a single combined mic/audio port. I was really bummed out until it occurred to me to search for an adapter.

I found this one and instantly bought it. I don't have any regrets, it works like a champ.

You plug the audio and mic connectors from your headset into this device, and then you plug the device into your computer or USB hub.

When the device is plugged into your Mac, you'll have a new audio output device "Via USB Audio" and a new audio input device "Via Mic Array" in your audio preferences. You just select these and go.

Overall, it's brain dead simple- no software to install, and it just works with Mac audio.

I have never tried it with PC so I can't comment how it works there.
11 comment13 of 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 10, 2012
like many others, my MBP has a horrible hissing problem. just got fed up with it and gave this a shot. and what an inexpensive way to fix the problem. if all you want is getting rid of the hiss, don't bother with other expensive solutions, like getting a dedicated external sound card. this is all you need.
on November 25, 2012
As a Windows game, I'm unfortunately left with having to use Parallels and/or boot camp to game on my new iMac. Rather than having to buy some new expensive USB headset, I really wanted to use my existing analog headset (a Sennheiser) that I've had for a while. I tried one of the headset adapters that takes the mic and headphone jacks from my headset and combines them in to one (basically making it an iPhone headset) and this worked fine while in Mac OS but Windows didn't recognize the mic when in bootcamp. Instead, Windows sent sound to the headset but pulled Mic from the iMac's built-in mic.

Using the iLuv, I'm now able to use my old headset in Mac and Windows (both bootcamp and Parallels)! Sound quality is very good and I'm able to toggle between headset and built-in audio components of the iMac without having to unplug the headset. Just hold down the "Option" key and click the speaker icon on the Apple menu and you can easily change output and input sources.
on December 5, 2013
I have a Mac Mini that is running 10.6.8 and it lost its sound somehow. You know, the internal sound works, but when you plug speakers or headphones in, no sound device. EASY PEASY... Plug this into USB, go into System Preferences, Sound, Output and select this which will be there. Thats it... Sound that may be better than the original. Love It... Have not tried the Microphone yet.
But for the number of hours I spent searching the internet for solutions to my sound problem, this is inexpensive and well worth it.
on September 24, 2013
This product is functional, and I haven't had a serious issue. It is rather loud on my Sony Vaio, especially the "beep" when I change volume, but that's probably adjustable. It has headphone as well as microphone. I thought I was getting 2 headphones which would have been cool, but I was just looking for the headphone because my computer's audio port failed.
on January 16, 2015
I ordered one of these and it worked great, can't ask for anything better. Then decided to order 2 more of these (as the first one worked out so well). The microphone doesn't work at all, tried it on at least 5 different MacBook Pros throughout the office, also tried the old one on a few of those machines and it worked great still. Found out the old one was the 0.9 hardware version of this product, and the new ones are the 1.0 hardware version of the product. Beware as they look identical, you must run this command to find the difference "system_profiler SPUSBDataType". I recommend against buying it here, as they seem to only provide the 1.0 version of the product.
on May 1, 2014
This little device works just as advertised. Being compact it is easy to carry in the case. Through the USB connection it allows sound input and output which is a clear as any sound card. No drivers needed on my Macbook Pro retina, and works well for sound recording as the headphone jack on the retina model does not handle dual duty.
on June 2, 2013
Needed a simple and low-cost means of interfacing a set of PC Headphones to MacBook Pro. The iLuv USB Audio Adapter met all the requirements and has worked great. Use it on Skype with perfect audio quality.
on March 28, 2014
I really like this USB audio adapter because it worked right out of the box, feels very durable, and doesn't have any annoying blinking LED lights on it. This really got me out of a jam when the audio port on my Macbook died, because of this adapter I am able to continue using my surround system.

I had used a similar product in the past which broke and was made of cheap plastic and had way to many buttons and lights on it. The iLuv adapter does one job and does it very well. The ports are firm and don't have any "give" when plugging and unplugging cables.