Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on September 19, 2012
I had looked around for a solution for our vacation and being able to share the audio from our tablet for movies or music while on the airplane. The main feature that I wanted was independent volume control between myself and my wife as I have a tendency to listen to music louder than she does. I had read reviews of others not having good range when adjusting the volume, not the case with this one. The range is very good and is linear in its control and works as I had hoped. It made our flight much more enjoyable. The only think I would like to see is it be about 25% smaller, but I will always accepts performance over sacrificing performance with a smaller footprint.

Overall, if you are looking for a really good splitter that works the way it should--- this one is it. We also used it with an iPod nano and it also performed great, so no problems with lowered powered items.
on December 4, 2010
I bought this for my ipod because the audio jack broke. The line in jack required external volume control. This product worked fine until the wire eventually wore out several months later and i had to buy something else. no other problems besides the durability of this product
on August 28, 2012
my wife & i used this while watching movies on my ipad for some recent flights and it worked great! she wore beats noise cancelling full size headphones and i used some mediocre sony earbuds and we were able to each listen at our own levels. the quality is what i expected and it functioned perfectly with the 3 different types of headphones we used...
on December 26, 2012
My mother has a CD player that does not have a very sensitive volume control. Consequently, it is either too high or too low for her. This device makes fine volume tuning possible. Also, it sort of converts a monorail CD into a stereo CD.
on October 14, 2013
It took awhile for me to figure out why my old headphone splitter wouldn't work with my iPad. It turns out that the Apple headphones are different then regular ones because of the built-in microphone. Then I had to find a splitter that I knew would work with two Apple earbuds, and this one also had separate volume controls. It works perfectly, and was a great price too.
on January 11, 2014
I bought this to use on my Kindle Fire so my husband and I could watch movies on some recent airplane flights. For us, it worked great. The individual volume control is a nice feature and worked well for us. It works best if you turn the device up all the way and then adjust using the volume control as necessary. Adjusting one side did not affect the other side for us. I would definitely recommend this as a splitter and would buy it again if I ever misplace it.
on January 14, 2013
I was a little worried about the quality of this adapter, with it being so cheap, but this thing is great! The only thing I wish was different, is that I wish it was actually longer so it would extend out from the electronic a little more. The sound was great though, and it worked perfectly for both my husband and me to listen to a movie together from our iPad.

I would suggest though, that if you are anything like us, where my husband likes it really loud, and I like it barely above a whisper, that you turn the volume on the device all the way up before adjusting the sound on the adapter, as you get a much better range in volume.

Overall, great!
on June 1, 2013
I was somewhat disappointed with the splitter after reading the reviews that discussed the separate volume controls-we found that increasing or decreasing the volume on one side also had the opposite effect on the other side. When both were maxed, neither of us could hear very well while on the plane, most of the movie dialogue was unintelligible. For future trips that involve air travel, I will get a powered splitter. This may work in situations where there is not much background noise, but is useless in the air.
on December 10, 2013
This product operates exactly as promised. I tested against two totally different types of head phones. The volume adjustment possible was extreme for both, and neither influenced the other's volume to my ear as some have suggested here.
on June 1, 2013
it did what i need it to....but wasn't what i thought it would be....when you have 2 plugged in ....if you turn 1 up the other goes down.....not much ..but when you are on a plane you can really tell