5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a champ
I have a Macbook pro, but I have an older Sennheiser gaming headset. The headset has stereo connections for mic and audio, but the MacBook only has a single combined mic/audio port. I was really bummed out until it occurred to me to search for an adapter.

I found this one and instantly bought it. I don't have any regrets, it works like a champ...
Published on September 1, 2012 by Eric Fitzgerald

2.0 out of 5 stars Problems with Skype
The adapter seems to be working but when I get on Skype, people on the other end complain about dropouts and distortion. Not sure if it's my headset but the previous adapter worked a lot better.
Published 6 months ago by Michael Weber

5.0 out of 5 stars Works like a champ, September 1, 2012
This review is from: iLuv (iCB758) USB Audio Adapter (USB to 3.5mm Headset-Mic. Adapter) (Electronics)

You plug the audio and mic connectors from your headset into this device, and then you plug the device into your computer or USB hub.

When the device is plugged into your Mac, you'll have a new audio output device "Via USB Audio" and a new audio input device "Via Mic Array" in your audio preferences. You just select these and go.

Overall, it's brain dead simple- no software to install, and it just works with Mac audio.

I have never tried it with PC so I can't comment how it works there.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect solution for the Macbook Pro hissing problem, December 10, 2012
like many others, my MBP has a horrible hissing problem. just got fed up with it and gave this a shot. and what an inexpensive way to fix the problem. if all you want is getting rid of the hiss, don't bother with other expensive solutions, like getting a dedicated external sound card. this is all you need.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works with Playstation 4, December 7, 2013
This works with Playstation 4.

You can convert your normal dual 3.5mm jack Gaming headset with this adapter.

Just plug your 3.5mm headphone jack into the Headphone socket, and the 3.5mm Microphone jack from your headset into the Mic socket and connect it via your PS4 USB, change the audio setting on your PS4 and you will have a working Mic and Sound

4.0 out of 5 stars Headphone and microphone jack, September 24, 2013
This product is functional, and I haven't had a serious issue. It is rather loud on my Sony Vaio, especially the "beep" when I change volume, but that's probably adjustable. It has headphone as well as microphone. I thought I was getting 2 headphones which would have been cool, but I was just looking for the headphone because my computer's audio port failed.

5.0 out of 5 stars My Mac has sound again !, December 5, 2013
I have a Mac Mini that is running 10.6.8 and it lost its sound somehow. You know, the internal sound works, but when you plug speakers or headphones in, no sound device. EASY PEASY... Plug this into USB, go into System Preferences, Sound, Output and select this which will be there. Thats it... Sound that may be better than the original. Love It... Have not tried the Microphone yet.
But for the number of hours I spent searching the internet for solutions to my sound problem, this is inexpensive and well worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Mac and Windows, November 25, 2012
As a Windows game, I'm unfortunately left with having to use Parallels and/or boot camp to game on my new iMac. Rather than having to buy some new expensive USB headset, I really wanted to use my existing analog headset (a Sennheiser) that I've had for a while. I tried one of the headset adapters that takes the mic and headphone jacks from my headset and combines them in to one (basically making it an iPhone headset) and this worked fine while in Mac OS but Windows didn't recognize the mic when in bootcamp. Instead, Windows sent sound to the headset but pulled Mic from the iMac's built-in mic.

Using the iLuv, I'm now able to use my old headset in Mac and Windows (both bootcamp and Parallels)! Sound quality is very good and I'm able to toggle between headset and built-in audio components of the iMac without having to unplug the headset. Just hold down the "Option" key and click the speaker icon on the Apple menu and you can easily change output and input sources.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Gadget, June 2, 2013
Needed a simple and low-cost means of interfacing a set of PC Headphones to MacBook Pro. The iLuv USB Audio Adapter met all the requirements and has worked great. Use it on Skype with perfect audio quality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple sound input/output connection, May 1, 2014
This little device works just as advertised. Being compact it is easy to carry in the case. Through the USB connection it allows sound input and output which is a clear as any sound card. No drivers needed on my Macbook Pro retina, and works well for sound recording as the headphone jack on the retina model does not handle dual duty.

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac OS support!, April 30, 2014
Rejoice all you closet Mac OS9 users out there! I took a gamble that the iLuv USB Audio Adapter would work on the old Mac Cube that I have running OS 9.2.2 and it worked! Audio sounds great and this adapter is a LOT cheaper than the the original USB Cube speakers that are floating around on Ebay. I can't say whether this adapter works in OS 8.x though.

5.0 out of 5 stars New Life For Old Compute, April 26, 2014
Replacing a malfunctioning soundboard for a Mac Mini that is well out of warantee is a bit beyond my comfort zone, so this adapter was a lifesaver. Plugged it in to a USB port and it bypasses the broken soundboard and we're back in business!

Rate and Discover Movies