5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for experienced iMac users perhaps
Published on July 11, 2009 by Peter M. Ravdin

2.0 out of 5 stars Great for experienced iMac users perhaps, July 11, 2009
This review is from: iMac Portable Genius (Paperback)
The author of this book states that she has been enjoying Macs for 25 years. On one hand this might seem great, of the other hand in this instance, she is so used to the machines that I did not think she had a perspective that was useful to someone new to the Mac environment. The jargon was a problem. The simple stuff was not explained well, but too often skimmed over and omitted.
For example the extremely useful "undo" a Control Z on a Windows machine. No clue how to do this on a Mac. Not mentioned in the index. Finally found buried in an appendix.
I looked again, just to see if I was being to hard on this book. I think not. The first chapter has a lot about automation of tasks (complex) and illustrates how it looks on the authors two monitors.
Very flashy. Maybe really at a "Genius" level, but not very practical for me.
Tomorrow I will take the book back.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not cover the everyday stuff!, January 11, 2010
Kathleen L. Smith "Kikoa" (Napa, California United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iMac Portable Genius (Paperback)
I had thought when I ordered this book that it would cover all the how too's from all the applications available starting at the most simple. If that is what you are looking for this is not the book. If you want to learn all of the new extra ones then order away....

1.0 out of 5 stars totally useless, January 21, 2013
This review is from: iMac Portable Genius (Paperback)
It's baffling to me that this book is apparently part of a series. I could not find one useful page or topic in the entire book. I've never had such a frustrating reading experience as flipping desperately through its pages, looking for SOMETHING, ANYTHING that's not either impossibly arcane or pointedly obvious. Look elsewhere for help.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, November 26, 2014
nd2knit (Nebraska, USA) - See all my reviews
Helpful info for beginners

5.0 out of 5 stars Great manual, May 17, 2012
Bill Spahr (Orlando, FL USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iMac Portable Genius (Paperback)
This is the best information with the clearest pictures for use in iMovie and iDvd that I've found. It is clearly written and easy to follow.

iMac Portable Genius
iMac Portable Genius by Guy Hart-Davis (Paperback - October 4, 2011)
$25.00 $20.06