4.0 out of 5 stars Here's how to make it work
Published on January 22, 2010 by Bennett Price

3.0 out of 5 stars An infrared mouse with inferred directions
Published on January 22, 2009 by Tiffany Mitchell

3.0 out of 5 stars An infrared mouse with inferred directions, January 22, 2009
This review is from: iMicro Optical Wireless Mini Mouse (Red) (Personal Computers)
The mouse itself is fine for a laptop. It's small, precise, and responds well. It's a classic "plug and play" style with no directions and limited literature online. The complications with this product occur in the second time that you use it. Every time your computer shuts down, the signal for the USB receiver resets itself. This isn't a huge issue if you store the USB receiver in the mouse (there's a storage spot just under the iMicro logo. When you go to use it again, you simply press the small round button underneath the click wheel, and the USB stick pops out. The mouse powers ups, and voila: your two pieces should be synchronized.

The problem is that some people are not going to pull out the USB stick and put it in the mouse. I sure didn't. Thinking that I needed a software update, I went online and looked for anything that I could on this product. I found no help whatsoever. It was just by accident that I saw the storage spot in the mouse itself (what can I say...this is my first wireless laptop mouse).
If it is not used constantly, the mouse will go into a sleep mode...so once in a while I'll notice a slight lag in its response time. I must emphasize that this lag is "slight".

All in all: I like the mouse, but I hate the lack of information on it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Here's how to make it work, January 22, 2010
A pretty good mouse that totally lacks instructions, whether in the box or at the mfrs. web site. Thanks to others at this site I got it to work and will try to collect what all have said. First, you have to insert two AAA batteries to make it wireless - pull the rear upper cover straight back - look for some grip indentations on the part - and insert the batteries. Second, to turn off the mouse and save the batteries, insert the USB receiver into the mouse's 'trap' door. Press the button on top of the mouse (to the rear of the wheel) to release the USB receiver. To synchronize the mouse and its receiver you must simultaneously press the black button on the mouse's underside and the silvery dimple on the USB receiver, (USB must be plugged in, of course). I believe you just have to hold both down for a second or so and then wait for the two units to find each other; (this worked for me but I can't swear that it will work for you - you might have to keep one or the other or both buttons depressed until you find that they have sync'ed.) After I got them sync'ed they stayed sync'ed, even with the mouse turned off. (Removing the batteries, on the other hand, requires a re-synch.)

The manufacturer doesn't include any sort of setup disk - unfortunate because, at least on my XP Home netbook, the built-in mouse control panel doesn't allow me to define what a button press of the mouse wheel will do - it could be defined as, e.g., a double click or a magnify or ... Perhaps downloading the Microsoft Intellimouse setup disk or Logitech equivalent will enable me to define what a wheel depression will do.

I've only had the mouse for a few days so can't speak to durability or how long the batteries will last. I give it four stars because it's so cheap. On an absolute scale, if price didn't matter, I'd give it three.

1.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointed, March 18, 2009
Bought two of these on a Thursday, by Sunday it had stop working altogether. The following Thursday the other one had stopped working, DBROTH is great though will take it back and return the money.

1.0 out of 5 stars battery problem, March 2, 2009
This mouse uses about 4 alkaline batteries in a month!
I am really tired of changing the batteries.

1.0 out of 5 stars AWFUL, September 21, 2010
I purchased this with caution only to find that the product lived up to many that wrote a review - AWFUL. In disgust I threw the product away irritated. Here is a list of my findings:

I use Windows 7 OS

1. The USB transmitter/receiver did not fit into the mouse
2. The sync button on the USB transmitter/receiver was of poor quality and was unresponsive to pressure so you did not know if you made contact
3. No instructions on synchronization. I had to search for one on the internet - I was impressed people took the time to write a set of instructions however in my case it did not work
4. The process of synchronization was tedious and impractical who came up with the idea of simultaneously pushing the sync button on the two devices? (who was the engineer?)
4. I tried the cable (supplied) and this did not work either - unbelievable
5. The mouse looked great and maybe as a paper weight looks cool.

I purchased a Microsoft mouse worked in seconds cost $10 more but worth it.

1.0 out of 5 stars stinks, January 20, 2009
I got the mouse over a week ago and this mouse worked at first, but stopped working after the first use. After a 1/2 hour of playing around with the pairing buttons, I finally got it to work. But, it stopped working again the next day. I changed the batteries numerous times, so that isn't the issue.

1.0 out of 5 stars Great until it shuts down the computer, May 21, 2010
I liked everything about these mice (we bought two for two netbooks) until they started shutting down the netbooks. Everything was going fine and suddenly the netbook would just turn off. This happened the first day. We ended up returning them and ordering 2 Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mice Microsoft Wireless Notebook Optical Mouse 3000 - Dragon Fruit Pink, one pink and one red. They work fine with no shutdowns.

1.0 out of 5 stars Wireless Mice, January 1, 2010
Terrible product. I bought two for Christmas gifts, and neither work now. The blue lasted all of 5 minutes, the red one lasted all of 1 day! Do not buy these!

4.0 out of 5 stars AAA Batteries NOT included, July 29, 2009
Finally discovered that the back top of the mouse slides off (note 3 ridges behind top button). 2 AAA batteries later, works fine. Not sure what the bottom button does or the button the the USB part. Store USB piece inside the rear of the mouse to keep them in sync. Battery life to be determined.

1.0 out of 5 stars EATS BATTERIES LIKE CANDY! Sorry I didn't read other's reviews first., December 23, 2011
I'm usually pretty good about reading the experiences of others. That's one of the great things about the internet, the consumer has a fighting chance against gotcha-capitalism. However, I missed out seeing all the 1's, unfortunately, this time. Anyway, out of the box it worked fine. The next day, no, so I took out my rechargable batteries and put in duracell after my battery meter told me that the they were only charged to 1.0 volts rather than the 1.5 volt of a normal battery. O.K., the next day good. Then no good on the third day. That time I poked and prodded and finally got it going again. Now, it's "no" again. So, I got my meter and measured the duracells and they show 1.0. New, they are 1.5 volts. I put in 2 more duracell AAA batteries and it's working again, except now I will remove those batteries and plug my wired mouse back in. 6 batteries used in 1 week is just too much. Pitiful design. How can they live with themselves.

Rate and Discover Movies