" The authors instill good programming practices throughout, examining not just how to write code, but why to write it in a particular way... " (BCS, March 2013)
From the Back Cover
WHY SETTLE FOR GOOD MOBILE APPS WHEN YOU CAN BUILD EXTRAORDINARY ONES?
iOS is the hottest development platform around, and now iOS 6 adds a new, deeper dimension to explore. A serious book for serious programmers, iOS 6 Programming Pushing the Limits takes you beyond the basics to reveal advanced iOS 6 features and programming techniques not covered in most other development books. Long-time mobile developers Rob Napier and Mugunth Kumar share everything they know about creating killer apps for all Apple mobile devices. Including how to:
- Support the new iPhone 5
- Interact with the Objective-C runtime
- Secure your data with Security Services
- Create amazing animations
- Maximize your impact with Core Text
- Make the most of collection views
- Tune your application’s performance and squash the bugs
- Create high performance apps for any RESTful web service
- Implement super-fast caching in regions with spotty network connectivity
- Unlock the power of Core Foundation
Not a book for the timid, or for novice developers, iOS 6 Programming Pushing the Limits takes you deep inside the latest iOS version and helps you get to grips with powerful tools to push the limits of your mobile development skills.