iOS UICollectionView: The Complete Guide teaches you everything you need to know to to take advantage of Apple's new user interface, UICollectionView. UICollectionView is a content- and layout-agnostic tool that developers can use to display content in applications. User interfaces created with collection views are some of the most immersive and distinctive interfaces in iOS applications. But to get the most out of UICollectionView, developers need to understand its complexity. Author and iOS developer Ash Furrow shows you how to leverage this amazing tool to create intuitive, immersive experiences within your own applications.
- A brief introduction to the Model View Controller paradigm, which is used throughout the book
- How to set up UICollectionView, using .xib files and Storyboards
- The basics of cell use
- Contextualizing content through the use of supplementary views
- An exploration of the ICollectionViewDataSource and UICollectionViewDelegate protocols
- Subclassing flow layouts and subclassing UICollectionViewLayout directly to create a wide variety of custom layouts
- Adding interactivity to layouts, primarily through the use of gesture recognizers
Approximately 176 pages.For more on developing iOS applications, see The Core iOS 6 Developer’s Cookbook, and The Advanced iOS 6 Developer’s Cookbook.