5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!
Published 19 months ago by Megan

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing... even for the price
I was expecting more for the money. I know that $30 is not a fortune, but this thing is pretty much a toy. I chose this microscope over others in the same price range because it was the only one claiming 1200X magnification. That was a mistake. The 1200X lens is mostly useless: the resolution and contrast are unacceptable, even for a toy.

I rated this item...
Published 18 months ago by B. Rice

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars AWESOME!, April 30, 2013
This review is from: iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black) (Electronics)
I bought this for my 8 year old daughter's birthday. She loves it! She's spent countless hours observing specimens and taking notes. Sometimes she even lets her 6 year old brother look, and he's absolutely fascinated with the thing. We've had it since the end of March and it seems very durable. All the extras it comes with are nice, and my daughter really gets a lot of use out of it. I had to show her the first time how to use it, but she does it on her own. She's a total nature girl and loves creating new slides. I know I've seen some mixed reviews on this, but I have to say I'd absolutely recommend it to any kid with an interest in science/ nature.

3.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing... even for the price, June 18, 2013
This review is from: iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black) (Electronics)

I rated this item 3 stars because it's not a TOTAL rip off. The case is kind of nice and it comes with lots of fun stuff little scientists will enjoy. However, I feel that this item is actually only worth $20 or so.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great quality., January 8, 2014
This review is from: iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black) (Electronics)
Our little scientist loves her new microscope! She immediately sought out things to look at under the scope. Worth the money!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Grandson Gift!, July 30, 2013
This review is from: iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black) (Electronics)
We purchased the 84-piece microscope kit for our grandson's 10th birthday. He loves it. His 'big' brother has his own microscope and had declared it "hands-off". Now he can do experiments and 'examine' his own findings with his own 'equipment'. It is a great gift for a science lover.

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk, December 25, 2012
This review is from: iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black) (Electronics)
I bought 2 of these for my grandchildren. The microscope lens are dirty with dust fragments on both. It appeared to be a good deal when I bought them. The quality very, very, cheap and disappointing. You can see slides through the microscope but like I said you see alot of dust or something on lens that isn't on the slide itself. I wouldn't recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Xmas gift, January 9, 2013
This review is from: iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black) (Electronics)
My son enjoyed this verry much, but found the slide covers frustrating as they did not stay on very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little microscope, January 11, 2013
This review is from: iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black) (Electronics)
It is a great starter kit for the little scie
ntist. I bought it for my 9 year old daughter and she loves it.

4.0 out of 5 stars good buy, December 27, 2012
This review is from: iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black) (Electronics)
bought this for my granddaughter. She loved it!
Would be nice if it came with a few more prepared slides

1.0 out of 5 stars Dashed hopes, June 7, 2014
This review is from: iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black) (Electronics)
The last time I was shopping on Amazon, I needed one more item to get free shipping. I spotted this item, and it seemed to be built like the one I had as a child-- battery powered light, with a mirror option. I bought it. For months after receiving it, I was too busy to check it out. Recently, I finally got the batteries for it, and tried it out. First I discovered it came with a pair of batteries, as well as a spare bulb. How nice--my old one didn't have that option. But when I installed the batteries--my old one didn't require the use of a Phillips screwdriver to open the battery cover, like this one does--the light wouldn't come on. As I examined the light, I saw wires running from the battery compartment to the light, but then I remembered a detail from my old one--the wires were hidden, and there was a small metal contact on both the lamp/mirror holder and in the microscope base as well; when they touched the light would go on. I tried batteries I had bought; same result. Worse, when I tried to look at a couple of slides, the focusing was lousy, and I couldn't clearly see what I was looking at--plant roots. I've seen slides of similar specimens, and these were not done right. The specimen had been mounted on the slide to give a view of the side of the root. The more professional ones I've seen were cross-sections, showing the cell structure. The only reason I'm keeping this is the other parts of the kit could be used in other applications, such as the magnifying glass. The one I had as a kid was a cheapie, but it was metal and made far better than this. Maybe because it was made in America.

1.0 out of 5 stars Ornamental only, not functional at all, April 30, 2014
This review is from: iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black) (Electronics)
Absolutely unusable junk. It may as well be an inflatable toy in the shape of a microscope.

I cannot stress enough how worthless this is. You will return this item if you purchase it wanting to actually *look* at anything with it.

The only usable piece in this entire kit was the little 3x magnifying glass.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

iOptron 6805 84-Piece Microscope Kit (Black)
$29.99 $24.00