8,096 Reviews
 (1,338)

1,079 of 1,106 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great for iphone WITH cases
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:20 Mins
Pros

-Best car mount I've had so far for the iphone 4s. Usually car mounts won't accommodate cases for the iphone and it's a pain to have to remove it to dock the phone. This is great because it accommodates my skin case, my silicone case my otterbox, basically any case I have on my phone.

-When they say one touch they mean...
Published on July 10, 2012 by S.R.

1.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE Good for short term use
Published on October 2, 2012 by HT Wenk

1,079 of 1,106 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Great for iphone WITH cases, July 10, 2012
This review is from: iOttie HLCRIO102 One Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder for iPhone 6 (4.7) /5s/5c/4s, Galaxy S4/S3/S2, HTC One - Retail Packaging - Black (Wireless Phone Accessory)
Length:: 0:20 Mins

Pros

-When they say one touch they mean it. I only need one hand to dock my phone when I get in the car. no more fiddling around while driving.

-Suction sticks, even in hot weather the suction has not broken or melted

-Price for something that is simple and just works, 20 bucks with S&H included is a bargain.

Cons
-the side buttons feels a little flimsy. If you are rough with your things this may not last as long. I would say that I take care of my things fairly well so I don't see this as a big problem. I gently place my phone on the mount so I've had no problems with it breaking.

5.0 out of 5 stars Suction cup better than super glue., May 21, 2012
Flood (Charlotte, NC USA) - See all my reviews
One handed mounting is very convenient. The mount seems to be made of a good quality plastic with strong knobs and hinges. It holds the iPhone 4s in an Acase(TM) iPhone 4 and 4S Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Black/Black) case (Fits AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4 and 4S) with a the charging cable attached. Excellent - all my requirements met.

However, the suction cup is almost ridiculous the way it sticks to flat smooth surfaces. After the first application, it is not coming off without some time and effort prying it away (and, yes the suction lock lever was released). I would suggest using a crowbar. It might loosen it's grip with time as some debris accumulates on the surface but that's definitely not the case when new.

My initial plan was to store the mount in the glove box after each use but then I quickly realized that was just not practical. I applied it a second time and plan to leave it there until it falls off. I'm fairly sure the zombie apocalypse will arrive first, so no worries there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the sticking power of the suction cup. You want it to stay put and it will. However, I imagine the force required to remove a strong healthy non-defanged headcrab would be less than this thing. So, don't say your weren't warned.

I will probably purchase one more for the other car since installation is semi-permanent.

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great product for my Galaxy S3!, July 14, 2012
I am so very impressed by this car mount! I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S III which is a pretty large phone. I have been searching for the right car mount forever and reading reviews of several different makers and models. This is the only one of which I couldn't find a complaint that it didn't fit or it was too wobbly or that the thing just didn't stick to the car surface well. And guess what? It's true! This is a firm holder that sticks like crazy (don't worry, it comes off ...eventually with a lot of muscle, it's just suction device so it won't harm you car interior). The only problem I had was I could get it to stick to the vinyl dash board of my Mini Cooper which is not exactly known for interior real estate. I finally decided on the plexi-glass that covers the gigantic speedometer in the center of my dashboard. It has held really well for a couple of days now, even in the heat of a 105 degree Southern California Summer. It makes me giddy thinking about how cool my car mount is, holding my new cool phone. By the way, this car mount even fits my phone with the protective phone cover on! It was under $20 which worried me that it would be a cheap product, but it just isn't so.

1.0 out of 5 stars UPDATE Good for short term use, October 2, 2012
HT Wenk (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
FINAL UPDATE (March 2, 2013) - Sadly the replacement product the company sent me fell off the dashboard about 10 days ago, and I could not get it to stick solidly again using the techniques suggested. Maybe it's my 2007 Toyota dashboard, maybe it's the extreme temperatures in Southern CA. Hard to say, but my final review is that this dash mount works great until it stops working, which unfortunately seems to be in four months or less based on my experience. Hopefully they'll figure out how to solve this problem, because the iOttie One-Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder has many other great features. But ultimately it doesn't work for me.

UPDATE #2 (Jan 8, 2013) - I've been using the replacement "One-Touch Windshield Dashboard Car Mount Holder," which iOttie sent me after the first one stopped sticking, for over 2 months now and it's doing the job. The one catch is that it's been during the winter months, rather than the punishing summer months when the first one failed. So I'll do a final update once my iOttie dash mount has made it through summer. So far, though, I'm very happy and would recommend this product without reservation if you live in a climate where summers aren't as long and hot as they are in southern CA. It mounts easily, is simple to use, and has very versatile positioning, which allows me to position my iPhone close to an air conditioning vent to avoid overheating. I use it just about every time I get into the car. Works great with the Waze app! It's reasonably priced, and iOttie's customer service has been admirable. (iOttie has been checking in periodically via email to see how the product is doing for me.) If the suction holds up through the summer it will definitely be a 5 star product!

UPDATE #1 (Oct 23, 2012) - iOttie contacted me via email immediately after I posted my review and offered me a replacement product. Because I liked this dash mount so much aside from the sticking fail, I happily accepted. They shipped it quickly, and I've been using the iOttie ever since, with success. It's been less than a month, so I don't know if the sticking problem will happen again, but the customer service was impressive. I'll update at the 2 month mark when I can have some confidence that my complaint has been resolved.

FIRST REVIEW (Oct 2, 2012): This dashboard car mount iPhone holder worked fantastically until it started falling off my dash board less than 2 months after I received it. I tried cleaning off the suction cup as directed, and that seemed to help briefly, but it wasn't a long-term fix. Disappointing.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits iPhone 5 ports fine. Fits large cases fine., November 27, 2012
With my iphone 5 in an otterbox defender, there is more than enough room for the arms to open and close. See my picture. You will have to move the bottom grippers to fit around the ports. Just adjust with the thumbscrew, easy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardcore stickiness, but slight modification needed for iPhone 5, September 19, 2012
N. Schoenfeld (San Ramon, CA, USA) - See all my reviews
The marketing for the level of suction for this product is not an exaggeration. It sticks. I mean it really sticks, even to a rough surface. I'm not joking when I say that someone under 100 pounds could use two of these to scale a skyscraper, catwoman style.

Also, the way it locks into place when you insert the phone, and the ease of pushing a button to remove the phone, is very nice. You'd think that $20 would get you a cheap-made product, but it's not. Very high quality for the price.

There is one issue though, and it has to do with it not being completely compatible with the iPhone 5. It makes me think that title was just slapped on, without actually testing it. Thankfully, there is a way around that. The issue is the cradle at the bottom. Even though it's adjustable left to right, it may still cover the headphone jack which is now on the bottom of the phone. I say "may" because if your cable is thin, this won't be an issue. But if it's larger, it means you're going to have some trouble plugging this into your sound system, when you're driving. You could solve this by removing the cradle completely if you have a screwdriver, or cutting one side of it off if you want to take the more dramatic route. Thankfully, the side hugs the phone so tightly, the cradle isn't needed (although it does add some security when you're on a bumpy road.) So that's it, it might not even affect you. But if it does, keep this in mind.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Mount!!, April 28, 2012
In a word, Awesome. This mount is just what I was looking for. I wanted something that held the device securely, but also was easy to get it in and out of. This fits the bill perfectly. It has GREAT adjustability, both vertical adjustment and then a ball adjustment for tilt. The greatest feature is how when you press the phone onto the mount it automatically clamps onto it. I have a More case ([...]) on my iphone, so I was a little concerned how the fit would be, but it works great.
I originally was going to use the mount on the dash of my car. The one thing about this mount is that it is a suction cup mount. That wasn't a big deal for me because I have a plastic disk from another mount that I could tape to the dash and then suction cup onto, which was my plan. However, I gave it some thought after looking at how high quality the suction cup is on this mount and, instead, mounted it to the windshield, just under the rear view mirror. I love this position as it makes the device easily accessible. Overall, I couldn't ask for more.

Update: Been using this for around 8 months now. In all the Florida summer heat, the suction cup never came off the windshield, which is a rarity! Still love the mount and would highly recommend.

2.0 out of 5 stars A great mount, but might cause dashboard damage, August 14, 2013
This mount is very sturdy, easily customizable, has an INCREDIBLY strong suction cup, and it fits my somewhat large Nokia Lumia 925 very easily. In about two months I haven't had any problems with it falling off or losing suction.

The one problem I did have was that it caused some damage to my dashboard in my brand new Subaru Impreza. The mount did stick very well to the dash (other reviewers reported problems) and I left it in place for about a week to test the position. When I decided I didn't like the placement, I moved the mount to the windshield but unfortunately it left behind a ring of compressed dashboard rubber which isn't residue or sticky but is pretty upsetting. I was hoping that with time the rubber might spring back to look like the rest of the dash but it seems that the ring is there to stay. The dashboard in the Impreza is a sort of rubbery non-slip surface, and where the mount was attached the rubber is now less grippy and shinier than the rest. I know it could be worse and it is purely cosmetic damage, but I am sad that a $20 mount has caused this kind of damage to a brand new $20,000 car. I have uploaded a customer image.

The mount is a good product, but I will be using it only on the windshield from now on. The ring continues to haunt me.

4.0 out of 5 stars iOttie Flex 2 is Better for Dash Placement, September 20, 2012
Rob Freundlich (Massachusetts, USA) - See all my reviews
This would have been great had it had a ball joint instead of the several 90-degree hinge-type joints. I'm guessing that not many cars have perfectly flat horizontal spots on which to mount something like this. And I drive a mini-van, so the windshield is a little too far away. So I do like to use the dashboard. But the spot I have is tilted. So while the suction cup works fine, there is no way, even with all these joints, to get the phone in a good viewing position. My old GPS, the holder for which has a ball-joint, worked just fine in this spot. So while there's nothing wrong with the product itself (except jiggle), I'm not using it, and I'm looking for a similar item with a ball joint. It is very adjustable in terms of what phones it will hold, and it will hold a Galaxy S III, including case.

UPDATE: First, I have to say that iOttie has GREAT customer support! I'll change the rating just for that. Since this model didn't work for me, they sent me another model. And that other model, the Flex 2 Car Mount, works perfectly! (It gets 5 stars.) Not only does it have less jiggle, but it is adjustable in just about every axis. I've been using it for several weeks now. It has not come off the mounting area (even though it's mounted on plastic, not glass) even once. (iOttie Easy Flex2 Windshield Dashboard Car Mount)

4.0 out of 5 stars It's not going anywhere..., May 10, 2012
We accidentally set this mount on the coffee table - as in put it down, not attempting to stick it - and when my girlfriend went to move it she nearly sent the entire table flying. So right off the bat, the level of suction on this guy was pretty promising. The rest of the device delivers in this manner as well, the locking joints are well engineered, there's a good amount of friction in the ball joints so nothing moves around, and the clamping system is rather ingenious in how it's triggered by placing the phone in the bracket. As a mount, it's great.

If I had to criticize it, it's not the most elegant looking thing, and can be a bit bulky and obtrusive. But it certainly gets the job done, and then some.