Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it PME Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

4.4 out of 5 stars15,056
Offer Type: HLCRIO102|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on July 10, 2012
Pros

-Best car mount I've had so far for the iphone 4s. Usually car mounts won't accommodate cases for the iphone and it's a pain to have to remove it to dock the phone. This is great because it accommodates my skin case, my silicone case my otterbox, basically any case I have on my phone.

-When they say one touch they mean it. I only need one hand to dock my phone when I get in the car. no more fiddling around while driving.

-Suction sticks, even in hot weather the suction has not broken or melted

-Price for something that is simple and just works, 20 bucks with S&H included is a bargain.

Cons
-the side buttons feels a little flimsy. If you are rough with your things this may not last as long. I would say that I take care of my things fairly well so I don't see this as a big problem. I gently place my phone on the mount so I've had no problems with it breaking.
6767 comments|1,193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 14, 2013
This mount is very sturdy, easily customizable, has an INCREDIBLY strong suction cup, and it fits my somewhat large Nokia Lumia 925 very easily. In about two months I haven't had any problems with it falling off or losing suction.

The one problem I did have was that it caused some damage to my dashboard in my brand new Subaru Impreza. The mount did stick very well to the dash (other reviewers reported problems) and I left it in place for about a week to test the position. When I decided I didn't like the placement, I moved the mount to the windshield but unfortunately it left behind a ring of compressed dashboard rubber which isn't residue or sticky but is pretty upsetting. I was hoping that with time the rubber might spring back to look like the rest of the dash but it seems that the ring is there to stay. The dashboard in the Impreza is a sort of rubbery non-slip surface, and where the mount was attached the rubber is now less grippy and shinier than the rest. I know it could be worse and it is purely cosmetic damage, but I am sad that a $20 mount has caused this kind of damage to a brand new $20,000 car. I have uploaded a customer image.

The mount is a good product, but I will be using it only on the windshield from now on. The ring continues to haunt me.
review image
1515 comments|299 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 3, 2012
I got this because it specifically mentioned compatibility with my new Galaxy S3. I would love to be able to keep it but the side bars are directly over the power and volume toggles so every time I put the phone it it turns my audio all the down. I will be returning it and can't recommend it for anyone who has a Galaxy S3

UPDATE: I received a call from iOttie the same day I placed my original one star review. I discussed my issue with the design and the product being sold for the S3. They not only sent me a new mount which worked with my phone they took the Galaxy S3 off the product description. I can only hope that a company as responsive and capable as this experiences tremendous success. My ne mount works great. It is well constructed, well designed and sticks to my dashboard like it is welded to it.
1010 comments|514 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 7, 2012
My main concern when purchasing was that it would not work with the OtterBox. I can place the phone in the mount with the OtterBox Defender case on it. You just about have to pry it to get the phone in and out. The quick release doesn't really work since it is so tight in the mount. I really don't have an issue with that just wanted to let others know how it works with the OtterBox case.
2121 comments|519 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 29, 2013
Most people aren't picky about their car mounts; I'm not most people. I've tried several mounts over the last year and they either broke or didn't last. I just recently purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4 and decided to restart my search.

I spend a LOT of time on the road in a wide variety of weather (Freezing to Texas Hot). A mount that can handle the weather, vibration, and weight of a heavy phone is important. So is the ability to adjust angles and fit. This mount does all of that.

One thing I didn't expect but really appreciated was the ability to adjust the "bottom" cradle of the mount - both laterally and vertically. This allowed me to "fine tune" the height of my phone. You can use this to make sure the bottom isn't blocking the charging port.

The suction is extremely powerful. It's not a joke - I've never seen such a powerful suction mount. I'm sure most of the strength likely comes from the stickiness of the suction cup and I bet it would survive a high speed crash.

The lock/unlock works very well and is meant for one handed operation. It's terrific and frustration free.

It's obviously a universal device, but one thing I am going to do is try gluing/attaching a USB charging cord to the bottom cradle so that I don't have to attach it each time. (I was spoiled by my Droid 2 Car Dock a long time ago.)

The only thing that would make this better is the ability to quickly switch between portrait and landscape.

It's a terrific mount and well worth the very reasonable price.

Edit on 4/4/2014: Since installing the mount directly after purchase, it's only fallen off once. This is after placing and removing the phone multiple times on a daily basis, road trips, camping, bumpy roads, direct sunlight with temperatures in the 100s and freezing temperatures close to 0. I love this mount, and in fact I'm actually ordering two more right now for my girlfriend's parents.
44 comments|193 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 21, 2012
One handed mounting is very convenient. The mount seems to be made of a good quality plastic with strong knobs and hinges. It holds the iPhone 4s in an Acase(TM) iPhone 4 and 4S Superleggera PRO Dual Layer Protection (Black/Black) case (Fits AT&T, Sprint and Verizon iPhone 4 and 4S) with a the charging cable attached. Excellent - all my requirements met.

However, the suction cup is almost ridiculous the way it sticks to flat smooth surfaces. After the first application, it is not coming off without some time and effort prying it away (and, yes the suction lock lever was released). I would suggest using a crowbar. It might loosen it's grip with time as some debris accumulates on the surface but that's definitely not the case when new.

My initial plan was to store the mount in the glove box after each use but then I quickly realized that was just not practical. I applied it a second time and plan to leave it there until it falls off. I'm fairly sure the zombie apocalypse will arrive first, so no worries there.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about the sticking power of the suction cup. You want it to stay put and it will. However, I imagine the force required to remove a strong healthy non-defanged headcrab would be less than this thing. So, don't say your weren't warned.

I will probably purchase one more for the other car since installation is semi-permanent.
3434 comments|636 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 7, 2014
I hope this review will be helpful.. I can't tell you how much I regret this purchase.
(Pls see my pictures for proof)

This put a huge indentation in my brand new car's dashboard. It fell off after about a month and then I saw the irreversible damage. Its been 3 weeks and the circle is still there. (I was hoping it would pop back) Not only has the indentation gone away.. that sticky residue also have left a discoloration on my dash.

Please don't do this to your car unless you don't care of the dash or you use it on the window. I am heartbroken to have done this to my brand new Porsche.

I wish amazon did not put the customer images in a spot where they are harder to find .. I would never have purchased this, if I had seen some of the other customer pictures with the same experience as mine, but I can see that Amazon is also trying to help the seller and themselves to make the sale.. In the future, I will definitely seek out the customer image page spot to view photos.. especially, when it concerns my car :)
review image review image
1010 comments|167 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 14, 2012
I am so very impressed by this car mount! I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S III which is a pretty large phone. I have been searching for the right car mount forever and reading reviews of several different makers and models. This is the only one of which I couldn't find a complaint that it didn't fit or it was too wobbly or that the thing just didn't stick to the car surface well. And guess what? It's true! This is a firm holder that sticks like crazy (don't worry, it comes off ...eventually with a lot of muscle, it's just suction device so it won't harm you car interior). The only problem I had was I could get it to stick to the vinyl dash board of my Mini Cooper which is not exactly known for interior real estate. I finally decided on the plexi-glass that covers the gigantic speedometer in the center of my dashboard. It has held really well for a couple of days now, even in the heat of a 105 degree Southern California Summer. It makes me giddy thinking about how cool my car mount is, holding my new cool phone. By the way, this car mount even fits my phone with the protective phone cover on! It was under $20 which worried me that it would be a cheap product, but it just isn't so.
2020 comments|365 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 5, 2013
To keep this mount from falling off the makers made the suction cup extremely sticky (like glue) and made it pull much harder than necessary. As a result if you have a car with soft-touch material on the dash this will probably damage it, perhaps permanently. It will make a circular indentation on the dash and pull off the finish when you remove it. Volkswagens seem to be the most vulnerable. My brand-new, three-day-old GTI now has an ugly circular mark on the dash right in front of me when I drive and it eats me up inside. Please, avoid this product.

I've contacted the seller to see if they will help me fix it but I haven't yet received a response, will update when I do.
review image
55 comments|96 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 17, 2012
Very good quality. Solid construction. Will fit a Galaxy Note with a slim-fit case with no problem. Easy to adjust and move around. Very impressed.
22 comments|97 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse