5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference and User Guide for your iPad
Published 22 months ago by Dr. Bojan Tunguz

3.0 out of 5 stars I Pad how to book
IT didn't show me what I needed or how to do it. I thought it would be more clear to use.
Published 18 months ago by Mrs. R. Leifer

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Reference and User Guide for your iPad, November 23, 2012
It has been said many times already, but it's worth repeating: iPad is one of the most revolutionary devices that have come around in years. On the surface it seem like a cross between a tablet PC, a netbook and an iPod, but comparing it to any one of these other devices doesn't do the full justice. iPad is truly revolutionizing how we approach the use of computers, and it is bound to have an impact on all of the other computing devices. iPad is an always-on, easily accessible and intuitive computing platform. Even though the ease of use is one of its hallmarks, if you have never used an iPod or an iPhone you may have some initial difficulties with using it.

The third generation iPad has been a major improvement on the original iPad concept, and a significant change over iPad 2, especially when it comes to graphical abilities. It has already gone though one major hardware boost and a change of the docking port. Whatever version of iPad you use, however, many of the fundamental tasks are still the same. Nonetheless, there are some important changes that need to be pointed out and dealt with according to the product version.

"My iPad" aims to take away the mystery behind iPad and help you make the most of it. The book is written in an extremely accessible and to-the-point style, and from the very outset it takes you straight to the actual demonstrations of how to achieve certain actions on your iPad. It helps you navigate the plethora of settings and adjustment options, and tries to make sense of them. This is in fact one of the book's greatest strengths - it is not just a bag of tricks, but also a clear and lucid explanation of the rationale behind every design option on your iPad (both hardware and software). The book also covers some of the most important and useful general iPad apps (both paid and free), such as maps, Keynote, Numbers and Pages, as well some apps that take the full advantage of iPad 2's or the 3rd generation iPad's capabilities, like iMovie. It also gives a short list of some other cool aps with a brief description of each. Even seasoned iPhone or iPad users will find many valuable tips and insights, and the book is a valuable reference for the long term use.

The book covers iOS 6, which is as of this writing the most current version of iOS. One significan topic that is missing, however, is the coverage of iPad Mini. iPad Mini has the same internal specs as iPad 2, so this may not in principle be such a big issue. Nonetheless, there might be some unique uses as well as restrictions that only come in play when dealing with a much smaller device.

I also enjoyed the format of the book. The book is large, well presented, and easily navigable. The illustrations and screenshots are fairly large and very clear and they help to illustrate all the relevant material. It is a very intuitive guide for a very intuitive device.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Coverage of iOS6, December 12, 2012
This review is from: My iPad (Covers iOS 6 on iPad 2, iPad 3rd/4th generation, and iPad mini) (5th Edition) (My...) (Kindle Edition)
I bought a 4th generation iPad in November and am new to iOS. The book expands on the information provided in Apple's user guide. It also has three chapters devoted to iWork; one each for Numbers, Pages and Keynote. This is really helpful in figuring out the differences between the Mac OS and iOS versions of these programs. I purchased the Kindle version of the book and had it on my laptop. I then went through the book while carrying out its tips, tricks and instructions on my iPad. This method was easier than running it on the iPad and switching back and forth between the book and the iOS. The book saved me a lot of time getting up and running on the iPad.

4.0 out of 5 stars Helpful for getting started, December 3, 2012
Roberta S. (Scottsdale, Arizona United States) - See all my reviews
I did find this to be more comprehensive than the Apple downloadable PDF "iPad User Guide". More than enough info to get you started. Not much in the way of info for 3rd party apps, but then there are way too many of them for any kind of brief discourse, I suppose. At any rate, I've been glad to have the book on several occasions while familiarizing myself with everything I can do on this modern age gizmo that is most assuredly more than a game machine... :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars required help, March 2, 2013
I am 83 years old, and new to technology such as IPads, and I always keep this book within reach. It is well written, nicely illustrated, and includes everything I need to know to operate this fabulous invention.

5.0 out of 5 stars very happy, April 15, 2013
I found this book at Cosco. I liked it because it is simple and easy to read. Around the same time i bought my parents the Ipad Mini. I told my dad about the book and he wanted one. When i went back to Cosco they didnt have anymore. So i decided to check Amazon ( i shop here a lot ) and not thinking Amazon would have this book. I was VERY happy to find it here! I of course ordered it for my parents ( i live in Minnesota and my parents live in Michigan) and had it delivered to my parents. It was delivered ontime, no problems, and my parents are happy and so was i! Thank you Amazon for your excellent delivery service and a wide variety of products to chose from!! I feel safe shopping on your site too!! Please continue with what you are doing! Thank You Amazon!

5.0 out of 5 stars Get to know your iPad, April 8, 2013
Janice Kidd (Jacksonville, IL) - See all my reviews
This book is a must-have if you have an iPad. The author has written this book in the simplest of terms; the pictures are perfect; and I've learned alot about my iPad even though I've had it for well over a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, January 3, 2013
I love these books I have one for my iPhone that was very detailed and the pictures r really helpful..

5.0 out of 5 stars Very helpful, December 28, 2012
Good book helped in all areas. This is the first apple product we purchased and this book has made it much easier to learn.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really big help, December 14, 2012
Since there are no printed manual now I needed something I could look at and learn from and this book really filled the bill.Some of the other books I saw were not as clear.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good tips!, April 15, 2013
Gwen (MInnesota, USA) - See all my reviews
I like this book - it has supplied me with lots of useful tips and ideas for my new iPad.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›