From the Back Cover
Take advantage of the best education tool around put the iPad to work in your school
Welcome to 21st century education! Instead of a 30-pound backpack, today's students can tote an 8-ounce iPad. Instead of being lectured to, they can learn interactively. Here's how educators and administrators can learn what the iPad has to offer and how to incorporate it into the classroom. You'll be amazed at all the ways it facilitates learning!
- The smart iPad see how iPads support different learning styles, keep information updated, facilitate research, and empower students to engage in the learning process
- The technicalities set up iPads for student use, manage content, maintain control, and plan your implementation
- Reading and writing discover apps for reading iBooks and how to include audio and images in your notes
- Encourage creativity let students use their imagination to create books, make movies, draw cartoons, and even paint on the iPad
- Make learning fun with creative Keynote presentations, instant access to worldwide news, interactive polls, and more
Open the book and find:
- How iPads are made for learning
- Tips for setting up iPads for the classroom
- Some caveats about e-mail
- Apps with educational value
- iPad features that help students with learning challenges
- How to create multimedia slide shows with VoiceThread
- Age-appropriate ideas for different grade levels
- Creative ways to present lessons
- Tips for implementing iPads successfully
- Apply iPad best practices, tools, and apps in the classroom
- Help children use the iPad for learning outside of school
- Integrate iPads into curriculum across different grade levels and subjects
IN FULL COLOR!
About the Author
Sam Gliksman has been leading technology applications in business and education for over 25 years. As an independent educational technology consultant, he advises educators on how to integrate technology into learning initiatives. Sam leads the iPads in Education community, http://ipadeducators.ning.com/.