Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Nothing But Thieves All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Shop Now SnS

on July 22, 2010
"iPad for Dummies" was the only book I could find on the subject of learning about the iPad, probably because the iPad is such a new item. The book is great. It's a wonderful learning source and is very easy to understand. I am still referring to it as I continue to learn new tips from it. I would definitely recommend this book for new iPad users. I have found all "Dummies" books to do the job of teaching a subject well; this one is no exception. This is the only book I really need regarding how to use my iPad.
11 comment63 of 66 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 1, 2010
Steve Jobs may think the ipad is "intuitive," but he is so, so wrong! For a non-mac user over the age of 60 this book is a must-have. The author explains in layman's terms everything Steve forgot to tell us....like, "Why can't I see anything but the front page in my hometown newspaper's website?" There's also a little humor thrown in to help calm the frustrations. Highly recommend this for any age - unless you're already a mac techno-weinie.
0Comment73 of 81 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 27, 2010
I received my IPad from Apple with only a few instructions printed on a playing card size card. While the IPad site does have a capability to access a complete operations manual, it is cumbersome to access and use. IPad for Dummies is easy to read and contents well organized to walk even the most inexperienced computer user through the steps needed to get the device operational and informing about features and applications for optimal usefulness. I would highly recommend this publication tor any computer novice that has acquired an IPad. It's an invaluable tool.
0Comment34 of 37 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 12, 2010
Going from PC to Mac land is not an easy transition for some of us older folks. I knew my iPad had potential, but it wasn't love at first touch. I do plan to take some of the Apple Store free classes when my schedule calms down a bit, but by then I may not need the classes. This book is easy to follow, well-indexed, and helped me to come to love my iPad. For anyone familiar with the "For Dummies" series, this is a particularly good addition to the series. For anyone having a love-hate relation with your iPad, the book is worth every penny. I highly recommend it!
on November 28, 2010
OK so I,m still no expert but this book is incredible! I recommend all new IPad owners get it or else it will take months to find all the little nuances (&,trust me, there are plenty!)
on December 7, 2010
With ver 4.2 of the iPad OS out, this book is out of date. I enjoyed the book and prepared me well for the iPad. But the new ver of the OS came out right after I purchased this book and the difference can be a bit frustrating.
11 comment15 of 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 23, 2010
This is a great book for people that are not very knowledgeable with computers. It really does simplify things and also makes it enjoyable.
The Kindle guy bought an iPad as a gift for someone (don't tell anyone). Let's just say the person I bought this book for is not the most technology-oriented person out there, and they were able to understand this book and figure out the iPad because of the book. I see the volume of questions directed towards tech support (i.e., me) has significantly decreased from past purchases and expectations. What more can I say? It works!
on July 27, 2010
These guys make reading tech stuff entertaining. I keep this book within arm's reach at all times. Fundamentals, plus lots of little secret tips! Thanks for making life with my iPad all it should be, plus so much more.
0Comment15 of 18 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 13, 2010
This book is easy to read and the photos and sketches are well done. Better than other iPad manuals.