5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book
Published on July 22, 2010 by Dianne

1.0 out of 5 stars With New OS - Need to wait for an update
With ver 4.2 of the iPad OS out, this book is out of date. I enjoyed the book and prepared me well for the iPad. But the new ver of the OS came out right after I purchased this book and the difference can be a bit frustrating.
Published on December 7, 2010 by Michael Ross

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Book, July 22, 2010
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
"iPad for Dummies" was the only book I could find on the subject of learning about the iPad, probably because the iPad is such a new item. The book is great. It's a wonderful learning source and is very easy to understand. I am still referring to it as I continue to learn new tips from it. I would definitely recommend this book for new iPad users. I have found all "Dummies" books to do the job of teaching a subject well; this one is no exception. This is the only book I really need regarding how to use my iPad.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Have, July 1, 2010
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
Steve Jobs may think the ipad is "intuitive," but he is so, so wrong! For a non-mac user over the age of 60 this book is a must-have. The author explains in layman's terms everything Steve forgot to tell us....like, "Why can't I see anything but the front page in my hometown newspaper's website?" There's also a little humor thrown in to help calm the frustrations. Highly recommend this for any age - unless you're already a mac techno-weinie.

5.0 out of 5 stars IPad for Dummies, July 27, 2010
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
I received my IPad from Apple with only a few instructions printed on a playing card size card. While the IPad site does have a capability to access a complete operations manual, it is cumbersome to access and use. IPad for Dummies is easy to read and contents well organized to walk even the most inexperienced computer user through the steps needed to get the device operational and informing about features and applications for optimal usefulness. I would highly recommend this publication tor any computer novice that has acquired an IPad. It's an invaluable tool.

5.0 out of 5 stars I Love this Book, September 12, 2010
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
Going from PC to Mac land is not an easy transition for some of us older folks. I knew my iPad had potential, but it wasn't love at first touch. I do plan to take some of the Apple Store free classes when my schedule calms down a bit, but by then I may not need the classes. This book is easy to follow, well-indexed, and helped me to come to love my iPad. For anyone familiar with the "For Dummies" series, this is a particularly good addition to the series. For anyone having a love-hate relation with your iPad, the book is worth every penny. I highly recommend it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I can now work my IPad!, November 28, 2010
Marilyn Eigen (Middletown, NY United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
OK so I,m still no expert but this book is incredible! I recommend all new IPad owners get it or else it will take months to find all the little nuances (&,trust me, there are plenty!)

1.0 out of 5 stars With New OS - Need to wait for an update, December 7, 2010

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic book for beginners, July 23, 2010
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
This is a great book for people that are not very knowledgeable with computers. It really does simplify things and also makes it enjoyable.

5.0 out of 5 stars It Works!, December 22, 2010
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
The Kindle guy bought an iPad as a gift for someone (don't tell anyone). Let's just say the person I bought this book for is not the most technology-oriented person out there, and they were able to understand this book and figure out the iPad because of the book. I see the volume of questions directed towards tech support (i.e., me) has significantly decreased from past purchases and expectations. What more can I say? It works!

5.0 out of 5 stars YES YES YES, July 27, 2010
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
These guys make reading tech stuff entertaining. I keep this book within arm's reach at all times. Fundamentals, plus lots of little secret tips! Thanks for making life with my iPad all it should be, plus so much more.

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad for dummies is handy, April 2, 2011
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) (Paperback)
I bought iPad for dummies about 6months after purchasing my iPad. Have learned quite a bit about my iPad that I did not know before, which makes me love my iPad even more.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers))
iPad For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) by Bob LeVitus (Paperback - June 8, 2010)
Used & New from: $0.01