Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on November 15, 2011
I got an iPad 2 for my birthday and didn't really know how I could use it...or why I would need to use it., and I didn't use it for about a month. I started flipping through this book, which shows that it can actually be a useful. It goes through all the basics of iPads--itunes, setting up email, using safari, games, dual cameras, video chatting.--but it also explains in lay man's terms everything that's new about the ipad with the new operating system. I've begun using iCloud. If it weren't for the book, I wouldn't even have known it existed, but it's a great tool. It also gives a lot of great tips that are really up to date with i0S5, including the functionality of the camera. I also learned a lot about how to download iBooks, which I have begun using a lot. A definite great buy for beginners or people who want to know how to use their ipad for new purposes.
0Comment| 151 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 4, 2012
This book made it possible to set up my IPad in a very short time, since I didn't buy it at an Apple store where they do that for you. It's dead-on with advice about apps, options, and things to avoid doing that can get a novice "stuck", since the IPad isn't as user-friendly as advertised. Like many of the other "Dummies" books like the one for Windows 7 and IPods, it's essential for ordinary people who aren't particularly adept at technology.
on August 28, 2011
This book was much more understandable than the "official" iPad manual. I used it like a workbook, going page-by-page, and I ended up more proficient on my iPad than most of my friends are. I recommend it for dummies and non dummies alike.
VINE VOICEon May 20, 2011
I've bought several books about the iPad 2, but this is the best and most entertaining. Since the iPad lacks a real manual this book fills that need and covers just about anything you'd want to know about using an iPad or iPad 2. I wish I had bought this book first as it makes all other superfluous. Truth be told, the iPad is very intuitive, but there are some features one would not know about or find if one were just experimenting on one's own. There are also no help files from Apple that can be brought up without downloading some sort of book to help you along. So whatever you bought your iPad for be it a humble eReader or a netbook replacement you'll find the information you need here.
on December 26, 2011
Ok i'm not super tech savvay so this book really made me into an iPad lover, well written, clear and concise, great book!
on December 30, 2011
As a senior, it sure does help to get this type of help. I read a little bit every day and enjoy my relaxing new hobby with the help of this book.
on July 23, 2011
I received this book instantly from Amazon.com. This is one of the best "For Dummies," books I have ever had. Whatever I need to know about my IPAD, I can find it in this book.

It has an excellent Table of Contents. I can turn to whatever I need to find instantly. It is easy to read and easy to follow the instructions.

I enjoy this book greatly. I picked it over several others I looked at before I bought. I highly recommend it.
on January 1, 2012
Item was given as a gift for someone with a new IPAD 2.
It was delivered very fast and helped answer a multitude of
questions and will continue to be used as an excellent resource.
I definitely recommend it for a new IPAD 2 owner.
on January 11, 2012
I have been a user of "for dummy" books for several years and have found them very informative, in a way that I can undertand and enjoy. This is a real plus when explaining what is essentially a manual. i-Pad 2 for Dummies is no exception. Easy to read - in ways fun - simple without talking down to the reader. It has enhanced ny I-Pad experience and I know will continue to help me make more and better use of the device. I ordered my copy in early January and when it arrived I was very pleaed to see that it was the latest edition. Kudos to Amazon. This book is an excellent companion to your I-Pad 2, espescially if you are new to the device. --
on February 19, 2012
I am a senior citizen and never thought I would ever own an ipad. My children gave me a tablet for my birthday. I had ahard time using it and traded up to an ipad2. I found it a lot more user friendly. But these devices don't come with manuals anymore. So I bought " ipad2 for dummies" through amazon.com. Great manual! I really learned a lot of useful info on how to navigate through the iPad. The book covers everything that you need to know and it's laid out in very easy to follow instructions. Well worth the cost. I think I'm an old timer who is hooked.