5.0 out of 5 stars A Valuable Resource For IPad Beginners
Published on July 10, 2012 by TMStyles

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book for iPad rookies
I got this book to help me navigate my iPad and for the most part, the book was a lot clearer than I expected. I got a couple of hints that really helped me handle my iPad more effectively. I would love to know more about how to manage the various apps and how to handle storage on the cloud.
Published on June 23, 2012 by T. M. Wheeler

5.0 out of 5 stars A Valuable Resource For IPad Beginners, July 10, 2012
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Paperback)
There are a number of publishers who systematically produce extended operational manuals for various electronic devices which is particularly a good thing for those who choose Apple products which are notoriously short on manual support and information. The "... For Dummies" series is always an effective resource for those who need more than the device included and "iPad For Dummies" is no exception as it provides useful, well grounded information in a format heavy with photos and basic discussions that can assist any newbie or rookie who might be confused by their first iPad. Indeed, the 4th edition of "iPad For Dummies" covers all three generations of the iPad for the consumer who needs some basic operational information in a no-nonsense manner.

"iPad For Dummies" is presented by experts who know how to lead beginners from how to turn on the iPad to advanced discussions of trouble shooting and "app" recommendations. Along the way, there are discussions on "synching" your iPad, opening an iTunes account, interacting with the internet, using the iPad for phone calls, organizing movies and videos, utilizing all aspects of the impressive built-in camera, setting up email accounts, and much more helpful information as the book progresses from helping the novice to opening new vistas for experienced users. Indeed, having enjoyed all 3 iPad generations, I still found useful material in this book, such as using voice dictation and actually setting up and using "FaceTime" (something I had never done previously).

Longtime users of the "...Dummies" series will continue to appreciate the multiple tips, reminders, technical stuff, and warnings liberally scattered throughout the book that serve to enlighten as well as to protect the consumer. Finally, an underappreciated feature is that the authors present their email addresses for consumer feedback and promise to respond in a timely manner. Additionally, the authors indicate that substantial changes and updates in the iPad that occur after publication will be found and discussed on a companion website which is also offered in the introduction. All in all, a good choice for the beginner as well as those who need further detail beyond the intuitive searchs and explorations on a new iPad.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'D BE LOST WITHOUT IT, July 31, 2012
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Paperback)
I bought a 3rd Generation iPad and got this book, 4th Edition, which includes features specific to the 3. As a PC user, I had no familiarity with Apple products at all. This book is taking me through my new toy step by step. I am understanding each new thing as I go. The writers are clear, give a decent amount of (but not too much) detail and explanation and have a sense of humor about the things that might be a little confusing. Clearly, they are experts in both the product and how to teach beginners. There are enough illustrations which clarify things further. If I should come across a feature that is not in the book (some things are bound to come out after publication), they have a web site which will give the information I want. I would recommend this book to anyone who has no previous knowledge and wants clear step-by-step instructions. I realize that more advanced information, once I really know what I'm doing and have a handle on the functions taught in this book, will be available in other books.

5.0 out of 5 stars Educated a Dummy like me, June 9, 2012
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
I have been a Microsoft user for years. This book had me up and running on my iPad very quickly.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good book for iPad rookies, June 23, 2012
T. M. Wheeler (Silver Spring, Md. USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Kindle Edition)

5.0 out of 5 stars The perfect palce to start for this PC/Windows user, October 26, 2012
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Paperback)
Like all of my other Dummies books, it starts at the beginning, explains things simply, and offers suggestions about why you might want to do something this way or that way. Being a long time PC/Windows user I needed to learn to think differently. This book was a great help. If you know a topic, skip that chapter. If you need a specific topic now, jump to that chapter, and follow references to related topics in other chapters. It even told me how to print from my iPad. Which sounds like an uncertain proposition for many people. The only time the book let me down was Wi-Fi syncing to iTunes. It discusses it, and shows where to turn it on, but not enough detailed steps for this new user to get it to work. Of course, that could simply be user error. Overall, this was the book I needed, and money well spent.

4.0 out of 5 stars The missing link, October 12, 2012
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Paperback)
For the price of an iPad, wouldn't you think the manufacturers of one of the world's greatest gadgets could print a user's manual to put in the box with it? They have a user's manual available on the Internet, along with an IO6 update. But a person on an iPad sort of has to know how to used the thing to get access to those aids, doesn't he? IPad for Dummies fills that gap very nicely. I give it four stars instead of five because I don't agree with the order in which they present their chapters. But it's all there, presented quite clearly.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dummy review of Dummiesnfor IPad, September 3, 2012
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Kindle Edition)
I found it helpful, particularly when I first purchased my IPad. Opened it again the other day when I had a question. Online so easy access.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good book...., October 5, 2012
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Paperback)
Getting to know the fundamentals was easy.....Now to learn the intricacies of my IPAD!!
Trying to figure out the IPAD by myself would have been impossible... This book does the hard work for you..
Thanks for all the info......

5.0 out of 5 stars iPad for Dummies, September 2, 2012
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Paperback)
The book was a bit confusing ,but as you progess in reading, things become more clearer to understand. There is a lot of good information in this book. Glad I bought it. Good for people who are new to the iPad.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Source for Dummies with Ipads, February 1, 2014
Chuck (Coeur d'Alene, Idaho) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iPad For Dummies (Paperback)
We are dummies when it comes to trying to keep up with the kids and these electronic gadgets. This book opens the door for our use of the Ipad.

iPad For Dummies
iPad For Dummies by Edward C. Baig (Paperback - May 8, 2012)
Used & New from: $0.01