Featured Bonus Content - Click Images to Enlarge
Watch movie trailers and bonus scenes in stunning HD and rent or purchase the latest movie blockbusters to view on the go.
Discover new music, enjoy old hits, and select your favorite genres from pre-programmed Stations with the all new iTunes Radio feature.
Take advantage of the iWork business productivity applications and crunch numbers, dress up your documents, and add some power to your presentations right on your iPad.
Add dynamic effects and cool filters to your images with the new and improved Photos App.
Share photos, documents, videos, and other content instantly with friends and family that are nearby with AirDrop.
Looking for a restaurant in the neighborhood? Want to know what the score is for that big game? Trying to decide if you need to bring an umbrella on your trip? Get the answers to these and tons of other questions with help from your virtual assistant, Siri.
From the Back Cover
- Navigate your iPad, get connected, browse the web, and use e-mail
- Make FaceTime video calls and stay in touch with Facebook and Messages
- Play games, watch movies, take and share photos, and use Siri
IN FULL COLOR!
It's portable, it's intuitive, and it's fun. It's the incredible iPad — and here's the guide to get you started!
The iPad is a cool tool for the 50+ crowd. It's small enough to take anywhere and packs a powerful punch. This friendly book walks you through your iPad's features — from fun stuff like sending e-mail and texts, sharing photos and video, and enjoying games, books, apps, and movies to creating Reminders, managing your calendar, and beyond.
- Start out right — explore the multitouch interface and get familiar with the built-in apps and Control Center
- The online world — shop, plan a vacation, watch the news, or just have some fun surfing the web with Safari
- Go mad for media — fill your iPad with your favorite music, books, photos, games, and TV shows and sync it all with iCloud
- On track — remember appointments and important dates with Reminders and manage your schedule with Calendar
- Your helper — ask Siri to pick a good restaurant, respond to your e-mail, or notify you when it's time to go
Open the book and find:
- Useful features for those with vision or hearing challenges
- Everything about sharing files and photos with AirDrop
- How to keep your iPad safe
- Help making FaceTime video calls
- How to share information with Messages and social media
- Advice on staying organized with Calendar and Notes
- Ways to get from Point A to Point B with Maps
- Secrets for making friends with Siri