5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected
I bought this somewhat out of desperation, mostly out of being cheap. I wasn't going to spend the money for a Bluetooth keyboard and mouse that Apple wanted, nor did I want to have to have my sofa cluttered up like that. This was for my ancient 2006 Intel Mac Mini media center, and I didn't want to spend a lot for an experimental platform.

In short, it not...
Published on January 9, 2012 by Wonko

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, but OK
I bought this for my eee slate because I wanted an alternative to the bigger keyboard that came with it. The mini Bluetooth keyboard works well, but it definitely takes a bit to get used to.

Published on July 4, 2012 by J. B. Menager

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, but OK, July 4, 2012
This review is from: iPazzPort Mini Wireless Bluetooth Backlit Keyboard With Multi Touchpad Laser Pointer for Google Android TV HTPC PC Windows 8 (Personal Computers)

For starters, the trackpad gets in the way of the right hand when typing. Additionally, I feel that the trackpad isn't as useful as I thought it would have been because it's substantially slower than my other mouse, and since it doesn't have it's own utility package, it's cursor speed can't be adjusted without changing my computer's global cursor speed. I find that I can't type on it if I'm not staring at the keyboard because there are no reference points on the keys, so if I look up for too long, I get lost. Speaking of the keys, they aren't separated enough, so I often end up accidentally smashing several of them at a time.

Beyond those problems listed above, though, it's fine. Bluetooth works well enough. Range is short, but it's not a problem. The laser pointer points in a laserly fashion, so that's good. Although, the backlight on mine is worthless.

Anyway, this keyboard is fine for things like updating your Facebook status or browsing the Internet (which are the main applications I bought it for), but I wouldn't use this thing to type a term paper or anything.

--EDIT: Although I was not completely satisfied by the product, I am glad I bought the keyboard from this company because their customer service is outstanding. While my review was not damning in any way, the company still felt compelled to reach out to me with an offer to provide me with an upgraded replacement, free of charge. During this process, their personnel were very friendly and extremely easy to communicate with. All in all, this shows that the company appreciates its customers' opinions, and I, in turn, value this trait.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I expected, January 9, 2012
Wonko "Wonko" (Draper, UT United States) - See all my reviews

In short, it not only works well, but it exceeded my expectations by miles. (It also exceeds my ability to read the tiny text on the big screen from the corner of my sectional, but that is a good thing on its account.) Granted, I was expecting a piece of cheap Chinese afterthought electronics, but it ended up so much more.

Pictures don't really relay the size of this keyboard. It is about the dimensions of a thick chocolate bar. The keys work very well, and have a nice, positive click when you hit them. The touch pad is excellent, and gets the job done.

It also comes with a mini-Bluetooth dongle. That in and of itself will often go for the price of the whole unit. It slips neatly into the side of the case for convenient storage if you don't need it at the moment.

Would I want to write War & Peace on it? Not on your life. But for editing movie titles, clearing error pop-ups, and generally operating a media center PC, it is fantastic.

The laser works well, but is a wast of battery power in my application. I'll probably plug it to keep my boys from blinding one another.

Other than that, it paired easily and just plain works.

This is the ultimate media center PC remote for when the Mac Mini little white infrared minimalist remote will not suffice. I give a hearty thumbs up!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mini keyboard for HTPC, January 23, 2012
I bought this keyboard with the intention of using it on a HTPC, and so far all expectations have been met. The HTPC setup I have is a bit different than most folks; instead of a dedicated HTPD computer I'm running one W7 Ult computer with a monitor in my office and my flatscreen in the living room. Life is good, until you want two keyboards and discover the functionality issues caused by driver conflicts (my other desktop is a MS wireless). On a whim, I went with this bluetooth mini keyboard hoping to get past the conflicts, and the result was exactly as hoped for. Installation of this product is easy, simply insert the bluetooth dongle into your computer, up comes the driver installed/bluetooth setup window in windows, turn on the mini keyboard, click on bluetooth setup window in the appropriate location to enable bluetooth device search, and press bluetooth device on mini keyboard. The bluetooth setup window in W7 displays a unique to the keyboard number, type this on your mini keyboard, and you're done.

Working distance between the keyboard and the computer is ~20 feet, HOWEVER, I am going through a wall and a TV set when the mini keyboard is used in my living room for the HTPC. A usb extension cable could be in order to get that last few feet of range or move the computer in the office to eliminate the TV from shielding the signal. I also noticed that the ins and prt screen buttons on the mini keyboard don't work for some reason, but this is not really a concern on a HTPC. Also, it is possible that my running two keyboards on one computer is causing this.

All in all, a great product that works very well. Buyers take note that the previous rendition of this device, model #KP-810-1-BT had a variety of complaints, including range. This does not seem to be the case with this model.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly on Linux, January 22, 2012
Brian K. Scott (dallas, texas United States) - See all my reviews
I use my Linux Pc hooked to a projector for serious movie watching but I really need something like this gadget. Worked instantly and very well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Android / DosBox keyboard, August 9, 2012
I bought this for a Nexus 7 and for Dosbox games.

I used it quite extensively to play XCom and it works great. Those alien dirtbags didn't know what hit them (a heavy plasma rifle.) It's a good size for thumb typing.

As others have pointed out, the keys are not in the offset position you would expect and this takes some adjustment to get used to. Knocked off a star for that.

Battery life is great, and the touchpad works great as well. I had to send my first one back because the right-click mouse button did not work. Hoping the next one is OK. (Update: Replacement works perfectly)

Paired up and worked with my Nexus 7 and Dell M4600 effortlessly. It's actually kind of cool using the mouse functionality on a tablet.

One thing I love about this model is it has every key for both Android and Windows operation, so if you run it on your tablet or your PC or HTPC, you are covered for buttons. Also has very well placed arrow keys for use with games. I use it with dosbox.

Size is great, a little smaller than my Galaxy phone, and I'm very happy with this for the price.

UPDATE: My replacement unit is in and the right-click works perfectly. Paired up in an instant as well. Great keyboard for the money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Poor range & choppy response, July 9, 2012
Installed with ease and a snap, but I can't get reliable response from it more than 3-4 feet away from the HTPC. Clear line of sight to the receiver, but sitting on my couch a mere 8 feet away I have to lean forward to MAYBE get it to work, but more often have to actually get up and walk closer to the PC. Obviously that just doesn't cut it. Based on other positive reviews I'm guessing maybe I got a dud???

Otherwise it's a great little keyboard but I only wish it would actually work reliably. On the plus side, I'm burning more calories getting up off the couch every time I need to use it! :)

I think it'll eventually need to go back though as clearly it's not working as designed.

****UPDATE July 12, 2012****

Tried the unit on a different PC and it worked like a charm. Too bad that's not the machine I need it on! Time to troubleshoot why it refuses to work reliably on the machine that actually needs it... Further update coming but I'll give it an extra star for now.

****UPDATE****

Choppy performance found to be due to interference caused by a plasma TV. So at the end of the day the device is fine, but be aware if you're going to be using it near other electronics that may give off some strong fields.

4.0 out of 5 stars A fun little gadget for my mac (offering more than I expected at this price point!), July 7, 2012
I bought this to use as a remote for home entertainment because we often use our computer through our TV. I was surprised by how versatile it was and I've had a lot of fun playing around with it. Although it is incredibly functional, because of its size it is not easy to use the same way a regular keyboard would be (hopefully that is obvious to anyone considering this product). It is great for searching for shows on hulu or youtube, however. Although it is a windows format keyboard, I used mine exclusively with Apple products (macbook pro and iphone) without any trouble.

I did not care, but mine came with no lanyard, so if lanyards are important to you, beware.

Backlighting was bright (orange) light that was really helpful, if a little uneven (darker over top right buttons).

The caps lock light (blue) is a little blindingly bright, which could be bothersome if you are working in low light.

Laser pointer seems pretty good, but I haven't used it for actual presentations.

It is a bluetooth device, which I knew. This works fine for short distances (I use mine at 10-15 feet), but will have a more limited range than a true wireless product would have.

The touchpad works fine, but it is not very precise (there is no comparison between the control get from my laptop touchpad and from this one). That said, it is still pretty good and works well enough to click where you want. You can right and left click with buttons under the trackpad, or click by tapping the touchpad. It also has very basic multitouch gestures (2 fingers to scroll), but I find these gestures are pretty ineffective. Something I found helpful was the scroll bar in the touch pad, although sometimes it has trouble recognizing the difference between 'scroll bar' touches and 'move the mouse' touches.

The battery charged quickly via USB and has held its charge very well so far (had it a week). The USB cable used to charge is split, so you can still use the USB port while charging - a nice feature for those whose computers have limited USB real estate.

When using this with an Apple iDevice (iPhone/iPad) the keyboard will work great, but the touchpad will not allow you to navigate at all. You still need to touch the screen for that.

I bought mine for use with a home theater, and for that purpose I think it is very well put together. It has a light feel (it feels so light that at first I thought I had been scammed), but after setting it up I could only find very few things it couldn't do (examples of things it couldn't do include some the top row buttons on a mac keyboard: keyboard brightness, screen brightness, dashboard, and eject). Everything else worked surprisingly well including multi-key shortcuts and characters.

For as cheap as it was I'm tempted to give it 5 stars, but I can quickly think of improvements that could be made, so I'm holding at a very satisfied 4-star rating. My wife has made fun of me because I love it so much that I sometimes use it when I'm sitting in front of my computer. I am a satisfied customer!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good value and useful with some drawbacks, January 13, 2014
shinew (New York, NY United States) - See all my reviews
Just got this keyboard and played around with it for a bit. Here is my initial impression.
My main use for this is to ssh into my VPN and linux servers via my android phone(Note 3) without using a computer. For that purpose, this device is useful for me because it frees up half of the screen dedicated to keyboard layout on the screen.

The Good:
1 - The price is good. Since this is not something I must have, the price is right and provides useful functions to my need.
2 - Keyboard is responsive. There are no noticeable lags I can tell and the click action is solid enough that I know for sure when I've clicked a key.
3 - dedicated number rows and function keys and clearly labeled alt keys(shift/Fn). This is a big plus for me for command line navigation(I'll explore the possibility to assign custom combo keys to the top row function).

The Bad:
1 - Ergonomic is not good. I don't have small hands, but because of the 30% added asymmetrical horizontal width for the touchpad, I have to either stretch or hold it in a somewhat awkward position with my right hand to type.
2 - There is no touchpad lock key. Normally this wouldn't matter, but since the right hand needs to reach over the touchpad in order to type, there can be accidental touch/tap on the touchpad.
3 - No battery level check or warning for low battery. Haven't run the battery completely down yet, but it would nice to have someway to quickly check how much battery is remaining on the keyboard. There're 4 LEDs on the keyboard, it would've been great if they can also be used to indicate battery level in 1/4 resolution.

I'll update the review if there're anything else I've discovered or have changed my opinions once I've used it more. Overall I think it's good value for what it has to offer, a 3.5 star item.

4.0 out of 5 stars It Works with raspberry pi!, September 1, 2013
It feels cheap but works perfectly, i bought it for my raspberry pi, with this instructions i did the connection: [...]

5.0 out of 5 stars great for Android, November 3, 2012
Works great with my Android phone and my Android tablet. Keys have a good amount of touch feedback, unlike many cheap keyboards. I would have prefered slightly bigger keys, but I guess they do the best they can with this form factor. Touch pad works great, too. Sometimes it is nice to have a external keyboard instead of using the touchscreen keyboard that hides half the screen.