4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cover - Fits Well
Although this review is based on the black cover for the 11.6" Samsung Chromebook - there are a total of nine colors of this product available. All are exactly the same except for the color. iPearl makes a variety of custom covers for tablets and laptops.

QODVU / RATINGS

Published 15 months ago by AMAZONR8R

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but does not protect the corners very wel
Published 10 months ago by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cover - Fits Well, June 19, 2013
This review is from: iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for 11.6" Samsung Chromebook XE303C12 series (Wi-Fi or 3G) laptop - Purple (Personal Computers)

QODVU / RATINGS

QUALITY / 8: Remember, this IS plastic. However, it appears well made. The matte finish on the black cover does show fingerprints where it was touched - unless your fingers are super-squeaky clean. I think they might show less on the clear cover. For other offered colors, this might be a concern.

OPERATION & FUNCTION / 8: Once attached, the cover does not interfere with opening or closing the Chromebook. Since the cover functions to protect the Chromebook - I would have to give the function aspect a lower rating from what the company seems to imply on Amazon. It will protect it from scratches - my main concern, but don't expect it to protect it much if you drop your Samsung. It is not thick or padded enough to prevent the shock of a drop or damage. The company states it will protect your Chromebook and that the covers are shatterproof. If you read through it too fast, you will think it will protect it from major bumps or even a drop. The company seems to say it will protect the corners and it might protect it some from slight bumps while carrying it.

DESIGN / 8: The cover is actually in two parts. Each part was wrapped in plastic and placed in an Amazon box when it arrived - well packaged. One piece snaps onto the screen, and the other onto the keyboard. This was very easy - requires no instructions. Just don't try to force them - make sure the small snap "tags" are in the right place. I took my time. The cover adds to the weight and thickness of the Samsung, noticeably so. The feet are a little difficult to open (hard to get a good hold with your fingers)...best have good fingernails! I am not sure how long they will hold up but appear to be good for plastic. Covers fit tight - no looseness or gaps noted. Bottom is very well vented to dissipate heat, even though there are no vents on the Chromebook itself. Nor does the bottom block the speakers (there are cut-outs). An added bonus: It appears that the plastic cover helps reinforce the screen...and helps reduce the pressure (from possible bending) on the screen when opening.

VALUE / 7: I think the company could shave off $3-$5 as $20 for two pieces of plastic seems a bit much, albeit a custom fit. Certainly the free shipping doesn't cost the company that much. I think $16.99 and these things would sell much faster. Even though I do not give "5s" freely, I think I could boost my personal rating to a "5" if the price were lowered and the company implied claims were toned down a little. Still, I think it will do for me what I require of it. It does not look as cheap as I expected it would, probably due to the excellent fit and the matte look. Fingerprints might be a concern for some and they do not rub off easily. But to be honest, I am not sure how they would resolve this.

UPDATES (Reserved): After a couple of days of using this product, I am relatively happy with it. My only concern might be that the bottom cover may not allow heat to dissipate as much as without it, even though there are plenty of vent holes cut into the bottom cover. It seems to be warmer when I have it in my lap though I am still using it. The cover is not as good as my wife's Apple rubber-like iPad cover, but since something like that is not available for this product at this writing, it's the next best thing. Still a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!, August 1, 2013
Easy to apply , easy to order and pretty color. ... the site was remarkably easy to view with many choices. Came so quick I could absolutely not believe it!

5.0 out of 5 stars I am loving it!!, August 4, 2013
I bought this to go along with my Samsung Chromebook. It gives my chrome book a sleek look.It is light and it does not look cheap at all, it looks very classy. Easy to put on the chromebook, just snap it on. If you want a new look to your chromebook, then give this hard shell case by Ipearl a try. In my opinion this will be ideal for any middle, high school, and college student. I have already receive compliments from my family. Having this cover will prevent scratching on the chromebook, so I say it is a steal.

5.0 out of 5 stars YEAH PURPLE, September 21, 2013
Very easy to attach and true PURPLE color. Lightweight cover that makes my chromebook look beautiful - and unique. It even has "legs" that make life easier.

5.0 out of 5 stars great case!, August 10, 2013
I've been looking everywhere for a case for my new chromebook but I couldn't find one that I liked until I came across the ipearl case. It is a really beautiful purple and the case fits great! I also love the little feet that come with the case which make typing a lot easier and more comfortable. I would definitely recommend this case.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect fit, November 12, 2013
I purchased this item to protect my daughter's chrome book at school. It fits great and snaps right on. All the ports are still accessible. I have recommended it to a number of her friends. Great colors too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purple case perfect for Chromebook!, October 3, 2013
I bought this for my daughter's Chromebook and she loves it, I have the peace of mind that if she accidentally dropped it the case would protect it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay but does not protect the corners very wel, October 26, 2013
The first week my daughter had this on her Chromebook the corner was damaged. The computer fell approximately 12 inches onto a hardwood floor off her lap from one of those lap study desk while she was sitting on the floor. I really would have expected the "Hard Shell" to have been able to protect it from that short of a fall, but the corner of her computer was damaged.

Edit!!! WOW, Merchant did not like my honest review so I received this:

After we ship you a free neoprene sleeve case, would you please kindly edit or remove your review RATING and COMMENT on this product? Thank you very much!

So they wanted to bribe me into removing my review...BTW I declined the free sleeve case.

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE it! It protects my Samsung Google Chromebook VERY WELL!!, January 8, 2014
I purchased this cover because I was told how easily the Chromebooks were scratched up and that they were "somewhat disposable". However, I like to take care of my electronic devices and keep them looking new. If you are like me, then this is the cover for you. It snapped on in 2 seconds without any complicated installation instructions. It fits well, covers all exposed areas, yet does not interfere with the keyboard or screen when you use it. I give it 5 stars all the way with NO CONS found! The color variety is also a plus as far as I am concerned!

3.0 out of 5 stars It's okay..but I had to return it., December 6, 2013
It was exactly as pictured HOWEVER, I had to send it back because one of the 'snaps' on the top cover was not flush with the machine. It slightly interfered with the opening of the Chromebook and I was concerned that over time, it would break off. Didn't want to send it back, but had to. Didn't order another one because I decided to go with an adhesive cover (not as protective, but it'll do).

Rate and Discover Movies