Customer Video Review     Length:: 1:26 Mins
Published 12 months ago by Laura

1.0 out of 5 stars Not really a protective case
It was not what I expected. not sure how much protection it will provide for my Chromebook. just a thin decorative shell not really a case.
Published 9 months ago by Mel Sprink

4.0 out of 5 stars The Only Hard Case for the Chromebook, Good Thing It's a Good One, July 19, 2013
This review is from: iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for 11.6" Samsung Chromebook (Wi-Fi or 3G) laptop - Black (Personal Computers)
Length:: 1:26 Mins

Hey guys, I decided to do a review of the iPearl chromebook series 3 case. It's the only hard case I know of out there for the chromebook, so it's a good thing it's a good one at a reasonable price. It's thin and protective, so it's really all you need in a case.
Quality: The plastic is good quality, and it's a perfect fit on the chromebook. As you can see in the video, all ports are accessible and it doesn't intrude on the interior of the chromebook. It can obviously handle day to day tussles and bumps from being in a backpack or satchel.
Price: Compared to the hard sleeves I looked at for the chromebook, the price couldn't be better. I looked at the Google sponsored Viper 11" hard sleeve, but it was $45 dollars on Amazon. For half the price, you get a CASE, not a SLEEVE, so it protects your chromebook all the time.
Overall: It's a good case that's cheaper than a decal and more protective, and it constantly protects your chromebook, unlike sleeves. I would highly recommend this to anyone in the market for chromebook protection. It's the best $20 dollars you can spend in terms of improving your chromebook's durability. If something happened to this case, and I was in the market for another, I would definitely make the purchase again.

4.0 out of 5 stars A Good Cover - fits well, June 18, 2013
This review is based on the Black Cover for the 11.6" Samsung Chromebook- other colors of this product are available. iPearl makes a variety of custom covers for tablets and laptops.

QODVU / RATINGS

QUALITY / 8: Remember, this IS plastic. However, it appears well made. The black cover completely obscures the SAMSUNG and Chrome Logos on the front, which is exactly what I wanted. I think a smoke color would have been nice. But the black cover is not translucent. I am sure the lighter colors are. The Matte finish on the black cover does show where it was touched - unless your fingers are super-squeaky clean. I think they might show less on the clear cover. For other offered colors, this might be a concern.

OPERATION & FUNCTION / 8: Once attached, it does not interfere with opening or closing the Chromebook. Since the cover functions to protect the Chromebook - I would have to give the function aspect a lower rating from what the company seems to imply on Amazon. It will protect it from scratches - my main concern, but don't expect it to protect it much if you drop your Samsung. It is not thick or padded enough to prevent the shock of a drop or damage. The company states it will protect your Chromebook and that the covers are shatterproof. If you read through it too fast, you will think it will protect it from major bumps or even a drop. The company seems to say it will protect the corners. It might protect it from some slight bumps while carrying it.

DESIGN / 8: The cover is actually in two parts. Each part was wrapped in plastic and placed in an Amazon box when it arrived - well packaged. One piece snaps onto the screen, and the other onto the keyboard. This was very easy - requires no instructions. Just don't try to force them - make sure the small snap "tags" are in the right place. I took my time. The cover adds to the weight and thickness of the Samsung, noticeably so. The feet are a little difficult to open (hard to get a good hold with your fingers)...best have good fingernails! I am not sure how long they will hold up but appear to be good for plastic. Covers fit tight - no looseness or gaps noted. Bottom is very well vented to dissipate heat, even though there are no vents on the Chromebook. Nor does the bottom block the speakers (there are cut-outs). An added bonus: It appears that the plastic cover helps reinforce the screen...and helps reduce the pressure (from possible bending) on the screen when opening.

VALUE / 7: I think the company could shave off $3-$5 as $20 for two pieces of plastic seems a bit much, albeit a custom fit. Certainly the free shipping doesn't cost the company that much. I think $16.99 and these things would sell much faster. Even though I do not give "5s" freely, I think I could boost my personal rating to a "5" if the price were lowered and the company implied claims were toned down a little. Still, I think it will do for me what I require. It (the black cover) does not look as cheap as I expected it would, probably due to the excellent fit and the matte look. Fingerprints might be a concern for some and they do not rub off easily. But to be honest, I am not sure how they would resolve this.

UPDATES (Reserved): Check back later and I will pass along a longer-term review.

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome product at an awesome price!, July 19, 2013
This product was a very good purchase. My Chromebook received several scratches on the back which is why I chose to go with the black case. The black color matches to the Chromebooks colors. Although it might get a finger print now and again, the case is wonderful for my needs. I no longer have to be embarrassed because the back is scratched up. It also gives me less anxiety to carry my small laptop in my bag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Received my cover today, August 18, 2013
I received mine today and like the others I love it. It makes the Chromebook sturdier and I prefer this color. I might get the blue one too just for a different flavor. I won't repeat what the others said. Just wanted to reiterate.

Also, my shipping was quite fast and I didn't pay extra. 2 day I think?

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed., August 6, 2013
I recently bought a chromebook and needed a light hard cover. After searching many different retailers I decided to give amazon a try. I came across the iPearl hard shell with its great reviews and price so I decided to give it a try. After ordering the shipping said 2 days, which I thought was amazing for the small price of this unit and shipping. After receiving it, it was exactly as the reviews said it would be. Some people rated it at four states because it was made of plastic, bought this is what they paid for. I rated it at give stars because the plastic shell is a good hard perfect fit for my chromebook. It fits perfectly around the chromebook without blocking any ports. The shell also has two hinges in the bottom to allow the chromebook to elevate at an angle for ease of typing. Overall, I'm truly satisfied and would suggest this item to anyone interested.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, July 6, 2013
I have to say that I love this case. It absolutely transforms the look of the Chromebook to that of a much more expensive looking machine. The pictures don't do it justice; it looks much better in person. The case fits perfectly, and everything snaps into place. Overall, I'm very pleased with my purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect plastic cover to protect Chromebook., August 9, 2013
I bought this cheap full top and bottom plastic cover just to protect my Chromebook from scratches. I bought the Matt black version from iPearl.

For what you get, I consider the price a good value. The fit on the Chromebook is perfect. No movement from the top or bottom when fitted or opening it up to use. 5 stars on QA and production.
The bottom is well vented with bi-directional slots for optimal heat dissipation. The cover protects the hinge where the upper and lower clamshell meets, which again gets 5 stars for design.

If you are looking for a simple and cost effective cover to protect your Chromebook 11.6", this is perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Case is perfect!, August 9, 2013
This case fit my chromebook perfectly, and shipping was ultra fast! The case clips on as two separate pieces but fits and protects against scratching.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, July 28, 2013
I have had this case for over a month now and it works and fits my Chromebook perfectly. Couldn't be happier.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case!! High Quality!, December 23, 2013
I gave this item a five star rating because it exceeded my expectation for a product at such a reasonable price. I ordered the black model because of the look and the fact that my Samsung Chromebook had a significant amount of scratches, and this covered those scratches very well.
Installation was very easy and I really like the way it fits on the unit. I feel like the Chromebook is much better protected and it gave it a completely new look. The fold-able stands on the bottom are a great feature and appear to be pretty sturdy.
The shipping was lightning fast and I got it sooner than I expected. Great cover for the price! Thanks!

Rate and Discover Movies