Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Amethyst Jewelry Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 Kindle Voyage Winter Sports on Amazon.com SnS

on June 19, 2013
Although this review is based on the black cover for the 11.6" Samsung Chromebook - there are a total of nine colors of this product available. All are exactly the same except for the color. iPearl makes a variety of custom covers for tablets and laptops.

QODVU / RATINGS

QUALITY / 9: Remember, this IS plastic. However, it appears well made. The matte finish on the black cover does show fingerprints where it was touched - unless your fingers are super-squeaky clean. I think they might show less on the clear cover. For other offered colors, this might be a concern.

OPERATION & FUNCTION / 8: Once attached, the cover does not interfere with opening or closing the Chromebook. Since the cover functions to protect the Chromebook - I would have to give the function aspect a lower rating from what the company seems to imply on Amazon. It will protect it from scratches - my main concern, but don't expect it to protect it much if you drop your Samsung. It is not thick or padded enough to prevent the shock of a drop or damage. The company states it will protect your Chromebook and that the covers are shatterproof. If you read through it too fast, you will think it will protect it from major bumps or even a drop. The company seems to say it will protect the corners and it might protect it some from slight bumps while carrying it.

DESIGN / 9: The cover is actually in two parts. Each part was wrapped in plastic and placed in an Amazon box when it arrived - well packaged. One piece snaps onto the screen, and the other onto the keyboard. This was very easy - requires no instructions. Just don't try to force them - make sure the small snap "tags" are in the right place. I took my time. The cover adds to the weight and thickness of the Samsung, noticeably so. The feet are a little difficult to open (hard to get a good hold with your fingers)...best have good fingernails! I am not sure how long they will hold up but appear to be good for plastic. Covers fit tight - no looseness or gaps noted. Bottom is very well vented to dissipate heat, even though there are no vents on the Chromebook itself. Nor does the bottom block the speakers (there are cut-outs). An added bonus: It appears that the plastic cover helps reinforce the screen...and helps reduce the pressure (from possible bending) on the screen when opening.

VALUE / 9: Since the price dropped from the $20 purchase price from when I originally ordered it, I can now boost my personal rating to a "5". It does not look as cheap as I expected it would, probably due to the excellent fit and the matte look. On some colors, fingerprints might be a concern for some and they do not rub off easily. But to be honest, I am not sure how they would resolve this.

UPDATES (Reserved): After well over a year of using this product - I can honestly say I really got my money's worth. Even after I dropped my computer bag at the airport and did some case damage to the Chromebook (though it still works fine), the cover never cracked or broke - still using it as I type this. Just remember the cover is just designed to protect the finish and is not capable of doing much protection in a drop.
on September 14, 2013
No, this is not a case to protect your Chromebook if you drop it. If you drop it, you are probably screwed. But common sense tells you that this is not that type of protection. This is a shell that fuses nicely with the device, and protects from nicks and scratches, without adding any unnecessary bulk. The tilt option is a nice little feature that aids in typing when flat on a desk or table. I also like the matte finish, color options, and see-through quality of the plastic.
on October 12, 2013
We are pleased with our cover. Our expectations were met.
The cover has provided the protection and appearance we were looking for.
on October 8, 2013
The cover helps me not scratch my Chromebook, Thank you. I love that it came in my favorite color.Again Thanks
on October 2, 2013
Its exactly what i expected of the product. keeps my chromebook looking nice and new. Super easy to put on and take off so I dont have to worry about ruining my CB
on January 7, 2014
This is my third iPearl mCover. This red model as well as the green model fit as they should. I found,as others have,that the blue one hangs up and puts stress on various points of the case. These are not meant to be ironclad protection,but they offer some from scratches and other light damage. Works as designed,fits as it should.
on March 15, 2014
I love the look of this cover, but I really wish it was more of a rubberized cover. The description did not say it was, however, I still wish that it was just in case I happy to handle it a little rough. (not on purpose of course). I cannot seem to find one to fit this laptop in rubber, so I settled for this one because it got really good reviews. I am happy overall with this purchase and maybe Samsung will make one a little thicker and sturdier in the future, so for now this one will do just fine.
on January 11, 2014
This is exactly what I wanted it to be. It looks pretty in red and protects from scratches. The cover is in two parts, one for the top, one for the bottom and they snap on easily and fit very well. The bottom part also has extra feet you can fold out in the back to tilt the keyboard up, if you like. the case does make the chromebook a little harder to slide in and out of my briefcase, but it will protect if from being scratched, which is why I bought it. Very satisfied!
on November 4, 2013
I absolutely love my Chromebook cover from iPearl! It is by far the most durable case/cover that I have bought for a computer, I actually dropped my Chromebook last week (whoops!) and the cover stayed intact, and protected the device from any damage, thankfully. It's aesthetically really pretty, and I can slip little pictures/stickers under the cover that are viewable from the outside. I like the vivid red color, it's really nice.
on December 24, 2013
Case fits perfectly and snaps on. the kickstand feet actually have improved my enjoyment of the Chromebook since it places the keyboard in a much more comfortable position.

Absolute only complaint is that it makes the Chromebook "noisy" because of the plastic on plastic rubbing. Doesnt make a noise while typing only while being moved.

Would recommend this product.