Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Segway miniPro

on June 19, 2013
Although this review is based on the black cover for the 11.6" Samsung Chromebook - there are a total of nine colors of this product available. All are exactly the same except for the color. iPearl makes a variety of custom covers for tablets and laptops.

QODVU / RATINGS

QUALITY / 9: Remember, this IS plastic. However, it appears well made. The matte finish on the black cover does show fingerprints where it was touched - unless your fingers are super-squeaky clean. I think they might show less on the clear cover. For other offered colors, this might be a concern.

OPERATION & FUNCTION / 8: Once attached, the cover does not interfere with opening or closing the Chromebook. Since the cover functions to protect the Chromebook - I would have to give the function aspect a lower rating from what the company seems to imply on Amazon. It will protect it from scratches - my main concern, but don't expect it to protect it much if you drop your Samsung. It is not thick or padded enough to prevent the shock of a drop or damage. The company states it will protect your Chromebook and that the covers are shatterproof. If you read through it too fast, you will think it will protect it from major bumps or even a drop. The company seems to say it will protect the corners and it might protect it some from slight bumps while carrying it.

DESIGN / 9: The cover is actually in two parts. Each part was wrapped in plastic and placed in an Amazon box when it arrived - well packaged. One piece snaps onto the screen, and the other onto the keyboard. This was very easy - requires no instructions. Just don't try to force them - make sure the small snap "tags" are in the right place. I took my time. The cover adds to the weight and thickness of the Samsung, noticeably so. The feet are a little difficult to open (hard to get a good hold with your fingers)...best have good fingernails! I am not sure how long they will hold up but appear to be good for plastic. Covers fit tight - no looseness or gaps noted. Bottom is very well vented to dissipate heat, even though there are no vents on the Chromebook itself. Nor does the bottom block the speakers (there are cut-outs). An added bonus: It appears that the plastic cover helps reinforce the screen...and helps reduce the pressure (from possible bending) on the screen when opening.

VALUE / 9: Since the price dropped from the $20 purchase price from when I originally ordered it, I can now boost my personal rating to a "5". It does not look as cheap as I expected it would, probably due to the excellent fit and the matte look. On some colors, fingerprints might be a concern for some and they do not rub off easily. But to be honest, I am not sure how they would resolve this.

UPDATES (Reserved): After well over a year of using this product - I can honestly say I really got my money's worth. Even after I dropped my computer bag at the airport and did some case damage to the Chromebook (though it still works fine), the cover never cracked or broke - still using it as I type this. Just remember the cover is just designed to protect the finish and is not capable of doing much protection in a drop.
on September 14, 2013
No, this is not a case to protect your Chromebook if you drop it. If you drop it, you are probably screwed. But common sense tells you that this is not that type of protection. This is a shell that fuses nicely with the device, and protects from nicks and scratches, without adding any unnecessary bulk. The tilt option is a nice little feature that aids in typing when flat on a desk or table. I also like the matte finish, color options, and see-through quality of the plastic.
on January 7, 2014
This is my third iPearl mCover. This red model as well as the green model fit as they should. I found,as others have,that the blue one hangs up and puts stress on various points of the case. These are not meant to be ironclad protection,but they offer some from scratches and other light damage. Works as designed,fits as it should.
on March 24, 2015
When I first got the case I loved the color but I was on the fence as to whether or not I liked the product because it is hard plastic. As time went on (about 8 months) it has proven to be very durable. A good fit and has kept my computer from getting scratched and I do love the color. I can add stickers without the worry of damaging my computer.
on July 16, 2014
Got this about a year ago for my 16 year old's Chromebook. It has been dropped, jammed into backpacks and lost under the car seat numerous time and somehow this case has survived it all. Granted it looks a little scratched but hey, the Chromebook still lives and works fine! What more do you want from a case?
on June 25, 2014
It fits well and doesn't cover up anything you'll need to access. It even has little tilt-down feet to angle your keyboard (much like keyboards for desktops do). My wife loves the red color. No more dull gray chromebook.
on March 15, 2014
I love the look of this cover, but I really wish it was more of a rubberized cover. The description did not say it was, however, I still wish that it was just in case I happy to handle it a little rough. (not on purpose of course). I cannot seem to find one to fit this laptop in rubber, so I settled for this one because it got really good reviews. I am happy overall with this purchase and maybe Samsung will make one a little thicker and sturdier in the future, so for now this one will do just fine.
on January 9, 2014
It already earned it's price because it has prevented damage to my laptop which I am sure would have been damaged when it fell from the table top to a tiled floor below. it fits well my chrome because I think it was made specifically for it. Price is very reasonable.
on April 18, 2014
Clips on easily and stays on despite lots of jiggling and movement. Doesn't interfere with any computer functions, well designed. Love the bright color, makes looking for my lap top in a pile of stuff easy!!
on January 11, 2014
This is exactly what I wanted it to be. It looks pretty in red and protects from scratches. The cover is in two parts, one for the top, one for the bottom and they snap on easily and fit very well. The bottom part also has extra feet you can fold out in the back to tilt the keyboard up, if you like. the case does make the chromebook a little harder to slide in and out of my briefcase, but it will protect if from being scratched, which is why I bought it. Very satisfied!