4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cover - Fits Well
Although this review is based on the black cover for the 11.6" Samsung Chromebook - there are a total of nine colors of this product available. All are exactly the same except for the color. iPearl makes a variety of custom covers for tablets and laptops.

QODVU / RATINGS

Published 14 months ago by AMAZONR8R

3.0 out of 5 stars Does about what is expected
Published 1 month ago by Aspen

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Cover - Fits Well, June 19, 2013
This review is from: iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for 11.6" Samsung Chromebook (Wi-Fi or 3G) laptop - Aqua (Electronics)

QODVU / RATINGS

QUALITY / 8: Remember, this IS plastic. However, it appears well made. The matte finish on the black cover does show fingerprints where it was touched - unless your fingers are super-squeaky clean. I think they might show less on the clear cover. For other offered colors, this might be a concern.

OPERATION & FUNCTION / 8: Once attached, the cover does not interfere with opening or closing the Chromebook. Since the cover functions to protect the Chromebook - I would have to give the function aspect a lower rating from what the company seems to imply on Amazon. It will protect it from scratches - my main concern, but don't expect it to protect it much if you drop your Samsung. It is not thick or padded enough to prevent the shock of a drop or damage. The company states it will protect your Chromebook and that the covers are shatterproof. If you read through it too fast, you will think it will protect it from major bumps or even a drop. The company seems to say it will protect the corners and it might protect it some from slight bumps while carrying it.

DESIGN / 8: The cover is actually in two parts. Each part was wrapped in plastic and placed in an Amazon box when it arrived - well packaged. One piece snaps onto the screen, and the other onto the keyboard. This was very easy - requires no instructions. Just don't try to force them - make sure the small snap "tags" are in the right place. I took my time. The cover adds to the weight and thickness of the Samsung, noticeably so. The feet are a little difficult to open (hard to get a good hold with your fingers)...best have good fingernails! I am not sure how long they will hold up but appear to be good for plastic. Covers fit tight - no looseness or gaps noted. Bottom is very well vented to dissipate heat, even though there are no vents on the Chromebook itself. Nor does the bottom block the speakers (there are cut-outs). An added bonus: It appears that the plastic cover helps reinforce the screen...and helps reduce the pressure (from possible bending) on the screen when opening.

VALUE / 7: I think the company could shave off $3-$5 as $20 for two pieces of plastic seems a bit much, albeit a custom fit. Certainly the free shipping doesn't cost the company that much. I think $16.99 and these things would sell much faster. Even though I do not give "5s" freely, I think I could boost my personal rating to a "5" if the price were lowered and the company implied claims were toned down a little. Still, I think it will do for me what I require of it. It does not look as cheap as I expected it would, probably due to the excellent fit and the matte look. Fingerprints might be a concern for some and they do not rub off easily. But to be honest, I am not sure how they would resolve this.

UPDATES (Reserved): After a couple of days of using this product, I am relatively happy with it. My only concern might be that the bottom cover may not allow heat to dissipate as much as without it, even though there are plenty of vent holes cut into the bottom cover. It seems to be warmer when I have it in my lap though I am still using it. The cover is not as good as my wife's Apple rubber-like iPad cover, but since something like that is not available for this product at this writing, it's the next best thing. Still a keeper.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great color, good quality, August 18, 2013
The color of this case looks just as good as shown. In the past I've had experiences with cases for other devices showing one shade, and then upon delivery the case is often a drastically darker or lighter shade. Fortunately, that is not the situation here and the case is the lovely shade of bright blue we see in the picture.

It's quite sturdy, but still easily snaps into place on the Chromebook. It only took a minute to snap the small brackets in place around the device and it fits perfectly. I was worried that the little brackets that hold the case on would scratch or scuff the device in the process, but they didn't harm it at all.

The retractable feet in the back elevate it to a decent level, and they are sturdy as well. I haven't had any problems with them supporting the device while I worked.

All in all I am extremely happy with the product. I do not feel like I over-paid; it's good quality for the price. I'm thrilled that the color matched the picture shown, and I feel confident that my device is protected when I take it out of the house. I (fortunately!) haven't had to experience how well the case withstands being dropped, so I cannot review that. I'll update my review if anything along those lines happens.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great cover!, July 7, 2013
I liked the large selection of colors and how snug they fit the Chromebook. The price could have been lower but of course the company, being the first one manufacturing it, can dictate their own prices.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect fit!, June 29, 2013
Love my Chromebook! Love my iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case. It fits perfect and helps to keep the Chromebook cool!

5.0 out of 5 stars Snug little cover., November 13, 2013
I like the Aqua color and it snaps on like a mobile phone cover.
It keeps my chromebook free of scuffs and scrapes while giving it a bit of color.
It fits well and I don't even notice that it's not a native part of my chromebook.
I don't think my chromebook runs as hot as my old notebook but the cover has legs to elevate the device so that it gets good airflow too.
The cover has been snug and secure with daily use over the past month and it was shipped ultra fast too.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does about what is expected, July 9, 2014
The only thing I disliked about this case was when I put the bottom half onto my chromebook, the touchpad stopped working. It would not register a tap, so I panicked and thought my chromebook had suddenly gone kaput. I took the bottom of the case off, and it works fine now. That's my only beef with this case, it's a pretty color and straightforward. Nice for adding a personal flair to your chromebook, but definitely not going to protect it very well.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great case, March 15, 2014
This is the second iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for an 11.6" Samsung Chromebook we've purchased. My son uses a Chromebook for school, and he uses it all day every day. The first cover lasted about 6 months before the tabs that hold it onto the laptop snapped off. But he's 16 and hard on the laptop, which is why we bought the case in the first place. It's simple to install; it just snaps on. When this one busts, we'll definitely buy another one. It gives the laptop great protection and it's not bulky at all. It's perfect for what we need.

5.0 out of 5 stars I love it, February 25, 2014
snaps on a breeze and I can even put my favorite pic in the cover. I love the way it looks and feels

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, September 26, 2013
T. D. Haverfield (Mansfield, OH United States) - See all my reviews
This cover fits my Samsung Chromebook perfectly,The color is exactly as shown, a beautiful aqua. It adds protection from scratches, but is lightweight and stylish, I also love the pads and feet on the bottom!

5.0 out of 5 stars Fits perfectly, holds up., August 26, 2014
I have been using this for nearly a year and it works wonderfully! I don't have the squeaking/creaking issue that some people have reported. I usually toss my chromebook in my backpack and one of the nice things about this shell is that it helps keep the screen and key board from smashing on each other. It looks nice and offers a moderate amount of protection without the bulk. It isn't showing any signs of wear and tear even after almost a year of use. The color is beautiful and has not faded or scratched.

Rate and Discover Movies