Automotive Holiday Deals Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty Deals Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Outdoor Deals on HTL

on June 19, 2013
Although this review is based on the black cover for the 11.6" Samsung Chromebook - there are a total of nine colors of this product available. All are exactly the same except for the color. iPearl makes a variety of custom covers for tablets and laptops.

QUALITY / 9: Remember, this IS plastic. However, it appears well made. The matte finish on the black cover does show fingerprints where it was touched - unless your fingers are super-squeaky clean. I think they might show less on the clear cover. For other offered colors, this might be a concern.

OPERATION & FUNCTION / 8: Once attached, the cover does not interfere with opening or closing the Chromebook. Since the cover functions to protect the Chromebook - I would have to give the function aspect a lower rating from what the company seems to imply on Amazon. It will protect it from scratches - my main concern, but don't expect it to protect it much if you drop your Samsung. It is not thick or padded enough to prevent the shock of a drop or damage. The company states it will protect your Chromebook and that the covers are shatterproof. If you read through it too fast, you will think it will protect it from major bumps or even a drop. The company seems to say it will protect the corners and it might protect it some from slight bumps while carrying it.

DESIGN / 9: The cover is actually in two parts. Each part was wrapped in plastic and placed in an Amazon box when it arrived - well packaged. One piece snaps onto the screen, and the other onto the keyboard. This was very easy - requires no instructions. Just don't try to force them - make sure the small snap "tags" are in the right place. I took my time. The cover adds to the weight and thickness of the Samsung, noticeably so. The feet are a little difficult to open (hard to get a good hold with your fingers) have good fingernails! I am not sure how long they will hold up but appear to be good for plastic. Covers fit tight - no looseness or gaps noted. Bottom is very well vented to dissipate heat, even though there are no vents on the Chromebook itself. Nor does the bottom block the speakers (there are cut-outs). An added bonus: It appears that the plastic cover helps reinforce the screen...and helps reduce the pressure (from possible bending) on the screen when opening.

VALUE / 9: Since the price dropped from the $20 purchase price from when I originally ordered it, I can now boost my personal rating to a "5". It does not look as cheap as I expected it would, probably due to the excellent fit and the matte look. On some colors, fingerprints might be a concern for some and they do not rub off easily. But to be honest, I am not sure how they would resolve this.

UPDATES (Reserved): After well over a year of using this product - I can honestly say I really got my money's worth. Even after I dropped my computer bag at the airport and did some case damage to the Chromebook (though it still works fine), the cover never cracked or broke - still using it as I type this. Just remember the cover is just designed to protect the finish and is not capable of doing much protection in a drop.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 18, 2014
It jazzed up my old Chromebook quite nicely. It gives it a slight lift overall, even without the kickstand, in case of spills. Fits snug and we'll made. I also added a keyboard cover that tied it all together.
review image review image review image review image
on August 18, 2013
The color of this case looks just as good as shown. In the past I've had experiences with cases for other devices showing one shade, and then upon delivery the case is often a drastically darker or lighter shade. Fortunately, that is not the situation here and the case is the lovely shade of bright blue we see in the picture.

It's quite sturdy, but still easily snaps into place on the Chromebook. It only took a minute to snap the small brackets in place around the device and it fits perfectly. I was worried that the little brackets that hold the case on would scratch or scuff the device in the process, but they didn't harm it at all.

The retractable feet in the back elevate it to a decent level, and they are sturdy as well. I haven't had any problems with them supporting the device while I worked.

All in all I am extremely happy with the product. I do not feel like I over-paid; it's good quality for the price. I'm thrilled that the color matched the picture shown, and I feel confident that my device is protected when I take it out of the house. I (fortunately!) haven't had to experience how well the case withstands being dropped, so I cannot review that. I'll update my review if anything along those lines happens.
on July 7, 2013
I liked the large selection of colors and how snug they fit the Chromebook. The price could have been lower but of course the company, being the first one manufacturing it, can dictate their own prices.
on November 13, 2013
I like the Aqua color and it snaps on like a mobile phone cover.
It keeps my chromebook free of scuffs and scrapes while giving it a bit of color.
It fits well and I don't even notice that it's not a native part of my chromebook.
I don't think my chromebook runs as hot as my old notebook but the cover has legs to elevate the device so that it gets good airflow too.
The cover has been snug and secure with daily use over the past month and it was shipped ultra fast too.
on July 9, 2014
The only thing I disliked about this case was when I put the bottom half onto my chromebook, the touchpad stopped working. It would not register a tap, so I panicked and thought my chromebook had suddenly gone kaput. I took the bottom of the case off, and it works fine now. That's my only beef with this case, it's a pretty color and straightforward. Nice for adding a personal flair to your chromebook, but definitely not going to protect it very well.
on September 26, 2013
This cover fits my Samsung Chromebook perfectly,The color is exactly as shown, a beautiful aqua. It adds protection from scratches, but is lightweight and stylish, I also love the pads and feet on the bottom!
on June 29, 2013
Love my Chromebook! Love my iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case. It fits perfect and helps to keep the Chromebook cool!
on March 25, 2014
I was worried that a cover for my Chromebook would negate the Chromebook's light weight, which is what I love. This cover is SO durable AND lightweight. I love the color, and it fits like a glove. You cannot even tell it is a cover. The rubber feet on the bottom
front corners are great, and everything about the way this was manufactured makes it a perfect cover. SUPER durable. I love this item.
on March 15, 2014
This is the second iPearl mCover Hard Shell Case for an 11.6" Samsung Chromebook we've purchased. My son uses a Chromebook for school, and he uses it all day every day. The first cover lasted about 6 months before the tabs that hold it onto the laptop snapped off. But he's 16 and hard on the laptop, which is why we bought the case in the first place. It's simple to install; it just snaps on. When this one busts, we'll definitely buy another one. It gives the laptop great protection and it's not bulky at all. It's perfect for what we need.