5.0 out of 5 stars Couldn't Be Happier
I bought the Macbook Air for law school - carrying all of my insanely large textbooks to class everyday, I needed a computer that could fit in the little space that remained in my book bag. However, I didn't feel comfortable traveling with the Air without some sort of protective case, and the sleeve that I purchased was too thick to fit in my bag along with my textbooks...
Published on January 14, 2011 by BBombers26

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed with purchase
When I was searching for a case to protect my new macbook air, I came across this product and its amazing (and numerous) reviews. At $25, it seemed like a great deal. I am not one to frequently post Amazon reviews, but this product was such a disappointment that I am making the effort to do so for this purchase.

The case falls off frequently, even with proper...
Published on April 3, 2011 by Mr. Jones

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The BEST price and BEST QUALITY!, September 15, 2011
Dana "Dana" (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iPearl mCover Hard Shell Cover Case For 11.6-inch Apple MacBook Air A1370 & A1465 - CLEAR (Personal Computers)
This item came so fast in the mail, and was very carefully packaged! For such a thin plastic (but very sturdy) hard shell case, it came in a lot larger box. When I opened it it was surrounded by tons of plastic air bag/pockets providing a lot of cushioning for it. Some of the bags had deflated, but apparently they calculate for such mishaps because even at that, there was still plenty of "air cushioning" action going on. This is such a sleek, sexy fit for my MacBook Air that came out in summer 2011 (11.6", model MC969LL A). Since it's a clear cover, at first glance, you can't even tell that I have a hard shell on my laptop. There's definitely no noticeable weight from the cover, and the shell tightly hugs/contours along the body of the macbook air, which I think is key, since I'm sure if you got an air, part of the reason is because it's light and compact. The video on this product link instructing how to fasten the top and bottom shell was very helpful, although my top shell didn't pop back off as easily as it does in the video (but i was still able to take it off, at the end of the day without breaking it). I think earlier I read a review that this case doesn't allow the screen to tilt all the way back. At first this was the case for me, until I realized that it only means that the two areas that are supposed to be "clicked" in to secure the shell to the base of the MBA hasn't correctly been fastened. All I had to do was to give the screen a bit of resistance and keep pushing it all the way back until I heard a click, and all was well. the two front "legs"/supporter things on the bottom shell has silicone circles stuck to it, which gives the case a grip so it wont' slide on the surface it's on. The "legs" that you can pop in and out to tilt the base really does help the ease of typing. I had no idea that this would also come with a bonus translucent silicone keyboard cover! It perfectly fits the keyboard and is see-through so that the backlight of the keys can still be very visible. I LOVE THIS!!!! The only marking it has is the words "iPearl mCover" and "MBA" embossed/etched onto the space bar. When I close the laptop, the keyboard cover doesn't inhibit it from closing. I have a very thin radtech screensaver microcloth thing that I put across the keyboard and trackpad area before I close the laptop, and with that, the laptop doesn't close ALLll the way with the silicone keyboard cover it came with, but it still stays closed and is only slightly ajar... it's fine by me! All in all, I cannot be more happy with this purchase! I would definitely recommend this, and in case you are looking for a keyboard cover, wait until this order comes first to see if they still have the bonus feature of a keyboard cover before you actually go out to buy one since you might get one for free! It's such a great deal :) silicone keyboard covers can run around $9+ with shipping, and other laptop hard shells can be significantly more than just $20! WHAT A GREAT DEAL!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product and ideal for travel!, August 18, 2011
I am a student traveling internationally, and decided on the Macbook air for obvious reasons of weight, size, and compactness. Granted, the delicate nature of the computer makes one a little uneasy, so I wanted to purchase a hard case for a sliver of peace of mind. This case is so easy to snap on, is thin, and is very lightweight, which makes it great for a travel computer. AND it is a great deal for $20, which is a price I would be more than willing to pay for the ease and quality of this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars nice, neat, light, a great fit, July 22, 2011
Bought the clear cover a few days ago. There was a great little video on the Amazon page that had me installing the cover in just a few minutes.
It fit and looks great. Well, it doesn't really look great because you don't even know it is there, however it feels sturdy and substantial. In fact, a day or so after I installed the cover I was visiting with my grandkids, and my macbook air was knocked off the table, fell on a hardwood floor, and I am happy to report, no damage.
I do not want to think of what might have happened without a hardshell case.
Nice product, I am very happy with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love Love Love this case........., June 14, 2011
S Leach (MEMPHIS, TN, US) - See all my reviews
I wasn't sure how it would look before I ordered it. I didn't want it to look cheesy and I ended up purchasing one for macbook air 11 and 13" in clear and a pink one for a macbook pro. I loved them all. I got them for my husband, and my son as well as myself and it was very easy to install and we were surprisingly pleased by the look of them on the computer as well. Safe guarding from scratches and possible dings to our computer but having a great look to them as well. Love that they are somewhat transparent and can see through to the apple. We are a mac family and were so glad to find these to order. The one's in the stores were so pricey and these one's were so reasonably priced we were able to get one for each of us almost for the price of one in the stores. Also, love the little foot tabs on the back of casing. VEry happy with this purchase. My other laptops previous used to get hot as well and noticed that with these covers I didn't notice any heat. SO it helps with that as well. All and all it was a great purchase and we are very happy with our covers.

5.0 out of 5 stars Exactly what I expected., June 2, 2011
I have searched a case for my wife's Mac Air 11" for quite a while, because we were not sure about the type of case: a hard and very protecting one or a bag, which is light, but may by too soft. The mCover case strikes the middle ground, and that is what my wife wants. It is a hard case, definitely not the toughest one out there, but it does protect the Mac from scratching and other minor mishaps. It does add some weight, but we expect that because the Mac Air is very light, any additional weight is noticeable, unless the case is made from paper, or fabric.

The nicest thing about this case is it fits the Mac very well, so it does not add extra dimensions. I've got a clear one, which I think is perfect for a Mac Air, because it still shows the aluminum cover of the whole machine. Putting it on is easy, too. I was very careful because I didn't want to break anything, so I snapped the case very slowly, but there was definitely no-brainer. No instruction was needed.

Overall, we are happy with the case. We did our homework, we chose mCover because on paper, it fit our needs. It definitely met our expectation when it arrived in person!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Happy Fit, April 27, 2011
I wanted a case for my new MacBook Air that would protect the outside from getting scratched by keys, jewelry, pens, etc. in my bag/purse. I was hesitant at first to purchase it because some of the previous reviews complain that it is difficult to pop the case over the outside of the laptop, but it took me about 10 seconds total for everything to snap into place. I enjoy the clear cover because it's barely noticeable that I have a case on my laptop. I love the little foot pegs on the bottom side of the case, as these can pop into place when I'm using my MacBook on a table or other hard surface, which makes typing very comfortable (and I get a lot of jealous looks using this feature in coffee shops). Overall, I'm very, very satisfied with this case!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit / protection., April 7, 2011
xosh (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
mCover Hard Shell Case is one of the best case I had for my MacBook Air.
First of all, it is very easy to install. Just a few snaps and that's it. I chose this instead of invisible shield and I don't regret it.

[This part is comment on invisible shield and why I chose the mCover Hard Shell instead of it:
After some use (maybe its how I installed it, but ...) I found that my screen has circular imprint which locates near the Apple logo location.
It got me suspecting that when I applied invisible shield solution some of it might smeared through the Apple logo gap and made that imprint.
So, I chose mCover which adds some bulk to the MacBook Air, but has better protection and no such issue.]

Second, it has great design. The bottom pannel is designed to cope with cooling the device.

The design fits perfectly so that it doesn't cover any of the ports/buttons/slots on the casing.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's just like the reviews said it would be..., February 27, 2011
The cover is just like the other reviews said it would be. The top cover is a little difficult to put on, but with some patience, all four snaps click into place. The bottom cover is easy to put on. It doesn't add much weight to the macbook air and the cover is perfectly clear. The little fold out feet on the bottom are a nice touch. Thanks ipearl!

5.0 out of 5 stars great cases, February 14, 2011
I bought 2 cases and I love them both. They have a nice, snug fit to my MacBook Air and feel very sturdy. They arrived on time and I was happy to find included a clear keyboard protector to go along with each cover.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this shell, January 26, 2011
Just got my clear shell for my MacBook Air 11"...and I love it. It doesn't compromise the stylish good looks of the MacBook at all, but is going to do a great job keeping it from getting scratched. Also love the fold-out feet ~ stands it up and makes it perfect for typing. Really nice.

‹ Previous | 1 2 328 | Next ›