5.0 out of 5 stars Wow- some people are morons!
Published on September 17, 2011 by Jessica F

3.0 out of 5 stars Updated after 2 months of use....
UPDATE: I have used this daily now for about two months. Although I still love how it looks. I did have to downgrade it from 5 to 3 stars, because the bottom part keeps coming off. I have it on correctly, but it will not stay put. The top stays on snug and tight without any issue. I still like it though. It really is for the color pop, and doesn't offer protection. I did...
Published 17 months ago by Tracy

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow- some people are morons!, September 17, 2011
Jessica F (Fairfield, CT United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iPearl mCover Hard Shell Cover Case with FREE keyboard cover for 13.3-inch Apple MacBook Air A1369 & A1466 - PINK (Electronics)
I read through a lot of reviews before I purchased this and almost didn't buy it. I'm glad I didn't listen to all of the whining. I can't believe the reviews that some people write! (Not for the pink one, but for other colors). One user gave it a one star review because it didn't come with directions. Seriously? It was easier to install this than it was to open the box it came in. It's pretty much idiot-proof. One guy was angry that it added too much weight. Another person wrote that it would not provide good protection if dropped. What exactly do people expect for 20 bucks? It's a cover...that's it! Nothing magical or sophisticated. It's very inexpensive compared to other covers, the color is gorgeous, it fits perfectly (there is an occasional TINY pop when opening, not a horrendous CRACK), it has great little tabs on the bottom to allow for circulation, and it even came with a free clear keyboard protector. It is a FANTASTIC cover for the price. If you want something fancy, spend more money. If you're looking for a nice cover at a great price, ignore all of the *moronic* bad reviews and buy this.

5.0 out of 5 stars I lOVE it!, April 6, 2012
When I 1st saw it I thought there was a BIG difference between the 13" and 13.3". There is no difference is the same.
I love how light weight this cover is, and how easy it is to put on.
When I opened the box, I thought the color was TOO LIGHT. Once you put it on, the pink color looks AMAZING!
not too girly, not too "orange" color looking.
The rubber key board is Ok, is difficult to type with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice hard-shell protection for MacBook Air, March 22, 2011
I recently purchased a new MacBook Air as a replacement for my wife's 2008 MacBook Air. On the old computer, we used a Speck hard-shell case. The Speck case had a gloss finish which really showed fingerprints and smudges. This new iPearl case has a satin finish, which does a fantastic job of hiding fingerprints. I must say, this pink case really is as pink as it looks in the pictures.

As others have mentioned, there's an issue with the MacBook Air's hinge rubbing against the tabs which hold the lower hard-shell case in place. Some reviewers suggest removing the tabs, but I discovered I could file the tabs down just a little bit, which rounded them over just enough to let the hinges clear the tabs.

Most of the time, this computer is actually in a lap -- I'm not sure how much use the rear feet will get, but it's nice to have the option to tilt the computer up a little bit when typing on a flat surface.

The Good:
- Easy to install
- Satin finish hides fingerprints and smudges
- Ridiculously Pink (Speck only has Clear and Black!)

The Bad:
- MacBook Air's hinge rubs against tabs on lower hard-shell case

4.0 out of 5 stars Great cover!, January 25, 2011
I recently purchased this cover for my new MacBook Air and so far I love it! I was worried the cover would make my tiny Macbook bulky but it doesnt! The bottom is vented and has two little feet. I love the color it is very girlie! The only negative I have is that the bottom cover sometimes catches on the front when I open my Macbook. The cover also comes with a pink keyboard cover. The keyboard cover is ok, it fits well but makes it hard to read the keys. Im not sure that I will use that keyboard cover, I didnt realize that it came with the cover so no big loss. Overall this is a great cover

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Fit and Nice Look, April 3, 2011
I really love this cover. It snapped on and fits great. Haven't had the same problem with the rubbing as the others. The hot pink color is great. Love it. The shipping was fast and it came brand new and perfect. Love it!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Cute and functional, July 1, 2012
This product is definitely worth the money paid. It's cheap, effective, and stylish; it doesn't add much weight or bulk; it's see-through and doesn't dull the glowing Apple logo much (although it doesn't turn it pink, of course). As advertised, it snaps on very easily and is rather solidly attached. None of the ports are blocked at all. The clear keyboard cover works very well as well; I was surprised by how little hindrance it is to typing. I had expected to throw it out but am instead using it. The only problem is that some of my dog's hair got underneath it where it's ever-so-slightly sticky; the hair isn't going away so well. All-in-all, though, I love both the pink hard case and the keyboard cover.

Note: I have the A1466 model.

5.0 out of 5 stars ipearl mcover for 13.3" MBA, September 21, 2011
K. Guy (San Diego, CA) - See all my reviews
I have the same cover for an older MBP. I have dropped it a few times and little leg broke but MBP fine, which is why I bought this cover for my new MBA. Fits just fine. No squeeking. Gives access to all the ports. Came with a pink keyboard cover, which fits just fine and I can still see the letters if I needed to. Wish it would have come with a screen cover as well, but what can one expect for the price, which was great here on Amazon. I would completely recommend. Description is accurate, as is the color, from the web page.

5.0 out of 5 stars i pearl covers, December 2, 2011
the covers are amaaaaaaaaazing , they're strong and NEVER BREAK . the colors are rich and don't fade with sun :D
" cuz i do keep my laptop in the back seat of my car sometimes " hehehehe
ohhhh by the way it comes with keyboard protection.
so it's awsome for such price .. two thumbs up

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking and protects as well, March 5, 2012
Ok2bclever (Michigan, USA) - See all my reviews
My daughter loves this gift. She loves the color and says it fits like a glove, is lightweight and thin so doesn't negatively add bulk or weight to her svelte MacBook and it protects her precious new laptop from external scratches. The translucence pink allows the glowing Apple emblem on the lid to be visible. All the external ports are accessible with this customized cover."

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Protection!, April 27, 2011
I love the color and the ease of putting this shell on. I feel much more comfortable using my MacAir with a bit more protection. And the legs that fold out keep it running cooler and make typing more comfortable. I get the clicking that others mention, but it doesn't bother me. I recommend it to anyone.

Rate and Discover Movies