7,454 Reviews
 (1,475)

1,377 of 1,445 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Screen Protector
Published on December 31, 2011 by Tool Guy

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE! Get what you pay for!
Doesn't even deserve 1 star. Ordered over a month ago and still haven't received it! If you want a cover for your phone quick, this is not the one!
Published 19 months ago by Adrianne

1,377 of 1,445 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Screen Protector, December 31, 2011
Tool Guy (Austin, TX USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: iPhone 4 / 4S Anti-Glare, Anti-Scratch, Anti-Fingerprint - Matte Finishing Screen Protector (Wireless Phone Accessory)
I like to buy the best products out there, which normally means I buy the more expensive items. But come on, this is a piece of plastic to protect my iPhone 4 screen. I have only bought a screen protector once before, for my toddler's iTouch, and had bubbles all over the screen. So I thought these screen protectors were all garbage. But after getting a big scare by accidentally putting my iphone in my pocket with my car keys, and getting a very light scratch on my screen, I thought I'd give these screen protectors another try.

And again, I thought I'd try some of the cheapest at Amazon, because, well, it's just a piece of plastic. If I was wrong, I was only out a buck or so, and could then go and buy the expensive screen protectors. But this time, I researched around and read some blogs, and found out dust is the culprit for bubbles. Taking that advice, I followed the directions and was able to put the screen protectors on 2 iPhones bubble-free! Here's what I did:

1. I chose my desk as the place to do the application. I wiped it down with an all-purpose cleaner, then wiped it down with a damp wash-cloth. I also did this during the day, with bright sunlight coming into the room. Do not try this at night, I don't think it shows all the dust hitting the screen.
2. Turn off your iPhone. You want to make sure the screen stays black, it's much easier seeing dust.
3. I then used another damp wash-cloth (if you squeeze it and water comes out, it's too wet. It needs to be barely damp), and wiped down my iPhone, front and back.
4. Then I got the little piece of cloth that shipped with the screen protectors and wiped the screen down until it was as clean as I could get it.
5. The iPhone was laid down on the damp cloth so it wouldn't rock and slide as i was applying the screen protector.
6. Peel off "Side 1", and start by lining up the camera hole and the ear hole. Then slowly lay down the rest of the protector on the screen, making sure no bubbles form as you go. You will get some, but if you do it right, they will only be near the edges.
7. Once it's laid down, then take a fingernail and apply gentle pressure from the center of the screen towards the edge. Basically driving the bubble out from underneath the screen protector.
8. The last step, peel off "Side 2".
9. Done!

Should only take about 5-10 mins. But it's so worth it. I bought the matte version of these and it's a nice improvement.

So my initial assessment that screen protectors are garbage is wrong, my technique at applying the screen protectors was garbage. A little bit of homework on the Internet, dust control, and I got a quality result. I highly recommend these screen protectors from this seller. I'd buy them again!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great fit and finish, January 21, 2012
I was surprised at how good the quality and the feel was for the price and at how it PERFECTLY fit. PERFECT!!! Even around the home button it was cut exctly right. This screen protector rivals even the ones around $10-15. For 2 bucks your gonna be the happiesr iphone user out there, i guarantee it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Protectors for a Great Price, June 4, 2012
First of all, the only reason that I gave this product a 4/5 is because I only received 1 protector when the product description clearly stated that there were 2 protectors. As for the quality, it is a matte screen protector. Some might not prefer this kind because it darkens the screen and creates a grainy effect on a lighter background. However, I prefer it because it has a nice, smooth texture and is also anti-glare. It also doesn't leave fingerprints. I highly recommend these protectors as they are a very cheap investment for your very expensive phone. I applied this protector on my iPhone 4, and it fit nicely. After about 20 minutes, I finally managed to get it on, bubble-free. Here's the process I recommend for applying these:

Materials
1)Screen Protector
2)Micro-Fiber Cloth
3)Credit Card/Business Card (optional)
4)iPhone 4/4s
5)Scotch Tape (optional, but it is recommended)
6)Electronic Screen Wipe (optional)

1)First, find a brightly-lit area. Dust is easily visible when it is bright. Also, make sure the room isn't dusty.
2)Next, wipe your iPhone screen. Using the cloth, wipe off all visible dust.
3)Find side 1 of the screen protector. Slowly remove using the tab and place over the screen. Align the camera and speakers first. Take your credit card and slowly remove the bubbles as you peel the protective covering.
4)If done correctly, you should have completely removed side 1 with side 2 still remaining. While side 2 is still on the phone, remove all the bubbles using your hand or credit card.
5)Dust is usually the culprit when it comes to bubbles. Take a small piece of scotch tape and peel off the protector at one of the corners. the protector should stick to the tape and come off. Peel off until you find dust. Take another piece of tape and remove the dust. Don't remove the entire protector, just the areas where there are bubbles. Repeat this step until all of the dust is removed and your screen is bubble-free.

Remember, be patient. It is worth 5-15 minutes of your time to properly apply the protector. Make sure the protector isn't sticking out. This will let dust get inside. Also, the longer you take to get the screen protector on, the more chances of dust sticking to the screen or protector.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase., November 4, 2013
Jason Levy (New York, USA) - See all my reviews
Simple and effective. A few air bubbles, but very minor. Easy to put on and holds up very well. Good Purchase.

1.0 out of 5 stars HORRIBLE! Get what you pay for!, March 25, 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars BAd, October 2, 2013
The covers are messey.. the propotion is not proper.. The placing of the home button cut and the speaker cut is improper..

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING, July 18, 2011
The fist one I put on had a lot of bubbles, so I had to use a second cover. But the second cover lasted 6 months. Then I replaced it because of some scratches

1.0 out of 5 stars Terrible., January 22, 2012
These films are already coming off and I'd put them on with no air bubbles a week ago. They have a rainbowish glare to them and I wld not recommend.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS PRODUCT, August 30, 2013
This product didn't stick to my phone and only lasted for 2 days before it just peeled off when I put the phone in my
Pocket.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap product, June 11, 2014
Very disappointed in the product. Tape on product to indicate front & back did not remove easily and left glue residue. Tried GooGone and that left odor. Ended up throwing the product out.